September Check In

Replies

• GregInORL
    GregInORL Posts: 232 Member
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    GregInORL wrote: »
    Zooming out every once in a while really puts the current battles we're fighting in perspective. May I ask what your height is, and is that showing your maintenance range as 141-146?

Used to be about 5'8", but with degenerating discs and all, I'm a little under 5'7" now. That green shading isn't mine; it's their arbitrary band. I am trying to get to 142-148, and I guess I'm there but want to get closer to the low end. It's SO much easier to bump up than down.

I'm 5' 8" and wondering where I'll settle my range as I inch down under 150 over the next little while. Soon enough! I'm leaning towards putting 149 as the top of my range.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Well, might as well check in. Hope to join the ranks of maintainers again in the next 6 months. Weight of today 193. Actually seeing SOME progress with the weight gain. Light at the end of the tunnel stuff. Just letting my body and lifestyle dictate my weight. Actually no longer overly concerned with weight. Just being happy. Strange, when you hit near rock bottom, just being happy at times feels amazing. Visiting a local TOPS chapter. Won't let me join until I am at GOAL weight, but they are nice supportive people. Actually wanted me to present an educational class on the various weight loss diets out there. OHHH boy, they have no idea what they are in for. I have spent the last 2 years studying this stuff. Good lord help them. Bless ya'll

Dalon

AKA you local iconoclast and provocateur!
  • dashagrr
    dashagrr Posts: 43 Member
    edited September 2019
    Name: Dasha
    Height: 5'5.5"
    Total weight lost: 26 pounds
    Time it took to lose: 1 year (took breaks)
    How long in maintenance: 5 months
    Maintenance weight range: 135 - 140
    Average weight recorded from 2018 (12 months): 160ish

Average weight recorded from January: 153.9
    Average weight recorded from February: 147.9
    Average weight recorded from March: 144.1
    Average weight recorded from April: 139.9
    Average weight recorded from May: 143.4
    Average weight recorded from June: 144.7
    Average weight recorded from July: 142.0
    Average weight recorded for August: 141.3

Week of..
    Week of..
    Sept 3: 137.2 (trend 139.4)
    Sept 10: 138.6 (trend 138.7)
    Sept 17:
    Sept 24:
    Success(es)/struggle(s) of the week: Started back on birth control patch, so gaining (hopefully water) weight despite running slight caloric deficit in attempt to get to the bottom of my goal range.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,230 Member
    Name: Jim
    Height:5’8”
    Total Weight lost:197.8 (SW 376.2)
    Time it took to lose: 5 years,
    From 1/17/13 to 3/29/18.
    On maintenance: Since 3/29/18.
    *Maintenance range:179-184
    Average weight recorded in 2018 180.

Average weight recorded 2019:
    January 178.6
    February 177.2
    March 178.8
    April 179.2
    May 178.9
    June 178.9
    July 181
    Aug 180.64

Weigh In
    5 Sept 178.4 (-.8)
    12 Sep 179.4 (+1)

Success/struggles of the week
    Success: More activity and steps.

Struggle: Adding veggies and balance for variety to add to menu.
  • SarahAnne3958
    SarahAnne3958 Posts: 78 Member
    edited September 2019
    Name: Sara (had to add an 'h' to my user name to get it to go through, lol)
    Height: 5ft, 6in
    Total weight lost: 60ish lbs
    Time it took to lose: the initial 50lbs, about 6 months.
    How long in maintenance: 6+ years
    Maintenance weight range: current is low 120's

Average weight recorded from January: 142.8lbs to 136.lbs (started working on weight creep)
    Average weight recorded from February: 136.6lbs to 135lbs
    Average weight recorded from March: 135.6lbs to 137.8lbs
    Average weight recorded from April: 138.6lbs to 131.4lbs (started lower carb/higher fat this month)
    Average weight recorded from May: 131.2lbs to 128.6lbs
    Average weight recorded for June: 127.2lbs to 125lbs
    Average weight recorded for July: 125lbs to 123.6lbs (started transitioning to relaxed carnivore 'ketovore' )
    Average weight recorded for August 123.6lbs to 120.8lbs

Week of..
    Sept 1: low of 120.6lbs
    Sept 8: low of 120.2lbs
    Sept 15:
    Sept 22:
    Sept 29:

Success(es)/struggle(s) of the week: Have let nuts and seeds back in this week and subsequently dealing with some digestion issues. A good reminder of why I decided to transition to a very low carb/more carnivore style way of eating.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,963 Member
    psychod787 wrote: »
    Well, might as well check in. Hope to join the ranks of maintainers again in the next 6 months. Weight of today 193. Actually seeing SOME progress with the weight gain. Light at the end of the tunnel stuff. Just letting my body and lifestyle dictate my weight. Actually no longer overly concerned with weight. Just being happy. Strange, when you hit near rock bottom, just being happy at times feels amazing. Visiting a local TOPS chapter. Won't let me join until I am at GOAL weight, but they are nice supportive people. Actually wanted me to present an educational class on the various weight loss diets out there. OHHH boy, they have no idea what they are in for. I have spent the last 2 years studying this stuff. Good lord help them. Bless ya'll

Dalon

Hey Dalon
    Is that true for all TOPS groups - having to be at goal weight?! I’m surprised. Or maybe I’m thinking of another group?
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Name: Existing Fish
    Height: 5'0" (153cm)
    Total weight lost: 41.7lbs (18.9kg)
    Time it took to lose: 7 months
    How long in maintenance: 11 months
    Maintenance weight range: 112 - 118lbs (50.8-53.8kg)
    Average weight recorded from 2019: 116.6 lbs (52.9kg)

Average weight recorded from January: 123.1
    Average weight recorded from February: 120.3
    Average weight recorded from March: 117.0
    Average weight recorded from April: 114.8
    Average weight recorded from May: 114.7
    Average weight recorded from June: 114.3
    Average weight recorded from July: 114.2
    Average weight recorded from August: 114.0

September 1: 114.2 lbs (t:114.2)
    September 6: 113.8 lbs (t:114.1)
    September 14: 111.8 lbs (t: 113.4)
    September 20:
    September 27:
    September 30:
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    edited September 2019
    psychod787 wrote: »

Dalon

Hey Dalon
    Is that true for all TOPS groups - having to be at goal weight?! I’m surprised. Or maybe I’m thinking of another group?

I believe so Molly. All you can do is visit and ask. If you are losing, you have to have a note from md stating goal weight.
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 579 Member
    Name: missperfectpitch
    Height: 5'4"
    Total weight lost: About 43 pounds
    Time it took to lose: 1 year and 2 months
    How long in maintenance: I hit my goal weight in the beginning of January 2018, but officially started maintenance in mid-March 2018 after figuring out my calories for a couple of months.
    Maintenance weight range: 108-111.5
    Average weight recorded from 2018 (12 months): 109.8

Average weight recorded from January: 111
    Average weight recorded from February: 110.8
    Average weight recorded from March: 110.6
    Average weight recorded from April: 110.0
    Average weight recorded from May: 109.9
    Average weight recorded for June: 111.2
    Average weight recorded for July: 111.9
    Average weight recorded for August: 111.9

Week of..
    Sept 7: ---- (on vacation with no access to a scale)
    Sept 14: 112.5 (trend 112.3)
    Sept 21:
    Sept 28:

Success(es)/struggle(s) of the week: I'm back from a couple weeks long vacation where I ate pretty much anything and everything in sight that I wanted! I'd budgeted the past couple of weeks as surplus weeks, which helped greatly in terms of having a nice amount of base calories to play with. On top of that, I was pretty active and averaged at least 20k steps most days, with the last couple of days being 28k-30k! Since I wasn't on my normal exercise routine, I only added back about 40% of the extra calories that Fitbit gave me for those steps. That said, I was still expecting my weight to be up when I got back home (eating out at surplus calorie amounts for every day for ~2 weeks, long flights, slightly dehydrated, etc.), and it was, but surprisingly, it wasn't nearly as high as I thought it would be. I was at 113.8 lbs on Sunday when I got back, then dropped down 1.2 lbs by Monday. I think I'm still dealing with a bit of water weight retention right now, but my weight for the past two days has been 111.2-111.4 lbs, just at the top end of my range. I'm expecting that my weight will trend downwards a bit over the next week.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,129 Member
    HEAVIEST weight: 175.4 in early 2013.
    Total Weight lost: 30 pounds
    Time it took to lose: ~6 months
    How long in maintenance: Since July 2018 -- but with some fluctuation outside of goal range.
    Maintenance weight range: 142 - 148 (and not sure that's the right answer)

Average weight recorded from 2017 (12 months): 163.8
    Average weight recorded from 2018 (12 months): 150.7

Average weight recorded from January: 148.4
    Average weight recorded from February: 146.3
    Average weight recorded from March: 143.2
    Average weight recorded from April: 143.0
    Average weight recorded from May: 144.1
    Average weight recorded from June: 145.6
    Average weight recorded from July: 146.5
    Average weight recorded from August: 145.8

Average weight Week of...
    September 2 - 8: 145.3
    September 9 - 15: 144.0
    September 16 - 22:
    September 23 - 29:
    September 30 - October 6:

Success of the week: My scale weight was down to my goal weight today. It was there September 1 and before that August 8 and July 19, but before that it hadn't been at goal since May 22. August wasn't a good month, but September is working. My trending weight is getting back to where I want it to be.

Struggle of the week: Not physical health or weight related, but I've been struggling with some of those awful and sad things in life.

ghzbvy8xbfwo.png
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,129 Member
    pkweier wrote: »

Success(es)/struggle(s) of the week: Weight back down in my lower range. It was interesting to hear co-workers talking about how to loose weight and not to listen to me cause I don't know what I'm talking about. One is fasting 2 days a week and only eating fruits and veggies the other 5 days, this reminds me of me many years ago. The weight always came back on like it has for them. I can't thank this community enough for helping me keep on the straight and narrow. Have awesome week everyone.

I know the problem.

You have to orient the carrots to true north (not magnetic north) or the diet won't work. And you must always use non-matching chopsticks to eat salad. Yeah, it's sad some folks want to succeed but don't seem to do what works.

It's so simple, but it ain't easy. I rode by a neighbor the other day who used to be my barber. He's retired, and they have been traveling. He commented that I looked like I'm more fit, and I told him about my journey. He has also been successful and is still working on his loss. He was talking about what he called "The Rice Diet." It is lots of beans and rice and veggies. Then he said, "You just have to make sure you eat fewer calories than you burn." BINGO! If what he's doing works for him, that's great. I love beans and rice, too, but I like variety. I told him about MFP. Maybe we'll see him here.

I just hope he remembers to orient the handle on the cookpot he makes rice on to the east or he won't lose weight.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    pkweier wrote: »

Success(es)/struggle(s) of the week: Weight back down in my lower range. It was interesting to hear co-workers talking about how to loose weight and not to listen to me cause I don't know what I'm talking about. One is fasting 2 days a week and only eating fruits and veggies the other 5 days, this reminds me of me many years ago. The weight always came back on like it has for them. I can't thank this community enough for helping me keep on the straight and narrow. Have awesome week everyone.

I know the problem.

You have to orient the carrots to true north (not magnetic north) or the diet won't work. And you must always use non-matching chopsticks to eat salad. Yeah, it's sad some folks want to succeed but don't seem to do what works.

It's so simple, but it ain't easy. I rode by a neighbor the other day who used to be my barber. He's retired, and they have been traveling. He commented that I looked like I'm more fit, and I told him about my journey. He has also been successful and is still working on his loss. He was talking about what he called "The Rice Diet." It is lots of beans and rice and veggies. Then he said, "You just have to make sure you eat fewer calories than you burn." BINGO! If what he's doing works for him, that's great. I love beans and rice, too, but I like variety. I told him about MFP. Maybe we'll see him here.

I just hope he remembers to orient the handle on the cookpot he makes rice on to the east or he won't lose weight.

@pkweier Haha! Thank you for the levity!
    Laughed out loud @ carrots :)
  • MadisonMolly2017
    ]Name: Maddie
    Height: 5’9”
    Total weight lost: 75.3
    Time it took to lose: 3-1/3 years
    How long in maintenance: 10 days short of 5 months (since 4/25/18)
    Maintenance weight range: 153-155
    Average weight recorded from 2018: 168.4

Average weight recorded from January: 153
    Average weight recorded from February 152
    Average weight recorded from March: 154
    Average weight recorded from April: 153
    Average weight recorded from May: 154.3
    Average weight recorded for June: 154.9
    Average weight recorded for July: 156
    Average weight recorded for August: 156.65

Week of..
    Sept 1: 157.2. Trend: 156.8
    Sept 8: 157.4 Trend: 156.5 ✅
    Sept 15: 157.2 Trend: 156.9
    My maintenance weight might be “finding me.” We’ll see! Watching carefully. I keep creeping up verrry slightly...
    Hoping by 6-month mark of Oct 25, I’ve definitely stopped it & sloping down slowly. Taking a very long view, ie, rest of my life.

Sept 22:
    Sept 29:

Success(es): more water, more protein, fewer carbs, consistent exercise (until ankle flared), better body positivity, less hunger!!

Struggles: Finding the balance between vigilance & relaxing a bit into maintenance.

Thoughts: My doctor is very happy with my current weight, labs, BMI which I realized is making it difficult for me to really diet back down to 153. My goal was always Health. I’ve accomplished that, so restricting calories for vanity seems counter my Health goal.

You are all very inspiring & helpful! Thank you!