What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Well here are things that surprise me being down 73 pounds, 9 more to goal. The strangest is I'm cold more often, I mean cold in situations I would not have been before. I used to wear a regular old flannel all winter, I'm already looking for warmer clothes and jackets/coats because I know I'm gonna be freezing.

LOL... yeah I went to Florida a couple times for work and I turned the heat on in my hotel room. In July. In Florida. lol
    In spite of everyone saying how hot it is there, it was 20 degrees cooler than it was in Texas. so I was pretty cold.
  • OAS5
    OAS5 Posts: 374 Member
    smantha32 wrote: »
    Well here are things that surprise me being down 73 pounds, 9 more to goal. The strangest is I'm cold more often, I mean cold in situations I would not have been before. I used to wear a regular old flannel all winter, I'm already looking for warmer clothes and jackets/coats because I know I'm gonna be freezing.

LOL... yeah I went to Florida a couple times for work and I turned the heat on in my hotel room. In July. In Florida. lol
    In spite of everyone saying how hot it is there, it was 20 degrees cooler than it was in Texas. so I was pretty cold.

I am absolutely freezing this morning. I mean this is real trouble for the winter if I'm this cold in summer still. :'(
  • donnadee1984
    donnadee1984 Posts: 46 Member
    cblue315 wrote: »
    Ok, so I understand that the boobs would get smaller. In a way that was a relief. But why do they have to look so awful! There really is no discernible shape to them unless I have a bra on.

Did they improve over time? X
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member

I am absolutely freezing this morning. I mean this is real trouble for the winter if I'm this cold in summer still. :'(

Winter is hard.. but at least you have the excuse to layer up. One good go to product is thermal underwear/leggings. You can wear them under jeans.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member

Winter is hard.. but at least you have the excuse to layer up. One good go to product is thermal underwear/leggings. You can wear them under jeans.

Very true, I do think layering clothes is super cute, especially with a nice jacket. I just realized I need a new winter coat this year unless I want to look like a kid wearing her mother's clothes.
  • HDBKLM
    HDBKLM Posts: 466 Member
    bump
  • jafinnearty
    jafinnearty Posts: 59 Member
    OneRatGirl wrote: »
    So this one is definitely TMI.
    But being around 35lbs in (and a lot to go), it's my time of the month. So I needed to wear my underwear in bed. But they were uncomfortable. They've gotten to a looseness where they're fine normally, but in bed, they're not clinging to me enough. It's unpleasant!

Completely relatable. ;)
  • TypingToaster
    TypingToaster Posts: 4,110 Member
    Zampa13 wrote: »
    Nobody told me how much my libido would increase.

I feel like a hormonal teenager again.
    🤭

Holy cow I am not the only one then. It's insane the difference. My wife and I both want it more often. My wife has lost 30 pounds or so and I am 73 down. Not only do we do it more but it's insanely better quality. That should be enough motivation for anyone.

I'm 20 pounds down and I have noticed an increase. I still have 180 pounds to get to the top of what is considered a healthy weight range for me. What is it going to be like then? :o Is mine naturally higher and I've been smothering it with fat? It was noticeably higher 38 pounds down too before I went back up another 60 pounds.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member

I live in Northern New England, and what I recommend if you can find some are silk thermal underwear.
  • OAS5
    OAS5 Posts: 374 Member
    Zampa13 wrote: »
    Nobody told me how much my libido would increase.

I feel like a hormonal teenager again.
    🤭

Holy cow I am not the only one then. It's insane the difference. My wife and I both want it more often. My wife has lost 30 pounds or so and I am 73 down. Not only do we do it more but it's insanely better quality. That should be enough motivation for anyone.

I'm 20 pounds down and I have noticed an increase. I still have 180 pounds to get to the top of what is considered a healthy weight range for me. What is it going to be like then? :o Is mine naturally higher and I've been smothering it with fat? It was noticeably higher 38 pounds down too before I went back up another 60 pounds.

Great job on the 20, a and you can get there the other pounds off.
    All I know is for us it's just really incredible. We went from a bad 1 day a week session to an absolutely incredible 3-4 times a week. I can't tell you how much better quality it is. It's hard to put into words. All I know is I should have done this year's ago. What was I waiting for if this is the prize along with good health of course. 🤣
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    The position of my "waist" (the narrowest part of my torso) has shifted down. Used to be right under my breasts, but is now at more of a "natural" position. My waist belts have therefore shifted down, and do look much more flattering in their new position.

My natural waist is very high. It can either be an advantage or an annoyance, depending on the cut of the garment! I can't say I've noticed it shifting dramatically as I lost weight, though.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »
    The position of my "waist" (the narrowest part of my torso) has shifted down. Used to be right under my breasts, but is now at more of a "natural" position. My waist belts have therefore shifted down, and do look much more flattering in their new position.

My natural waist is very high. It can either be an advantage or an annoyance, depending on the cut of the garment! I can't say I've noticed it shifting dramatically as I lost weight, though.

As a fellow short person, I can see the advantages, haha. Usually my skirts hit just right because I wear the skirt so high on my torso. Otherwise, they'd be too long.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!