I didn’t eat the chocolate croissant ...

montyeva1114
montyeva1114 Posts: 78 Member
edited September 2019 in Success Stories
This may not fit in the success story as a huge weight loss would, but none the less, it was a success for me. I work in a school where people love to bring me treats. Yesterday, a lovely new teacher at the school gave me a beautiful chocolate croissant as a treat for helping her. If I ate it, I’d have about a hundred calories left for dinner. I stuck it in my lunch box. During the 1 hour 30 minutes drive home (lots of traffic) it sat in the seat next to me. Finally at home, I offered it to my husband. He chucked it in the trash. How does he do that? I’m proving something important to myself. Food does not control me. Next time I hope not eating something will be easier.

Replies

• rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Good for you! That's some willpower!
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    That's a good non scale victory right there, well done!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Good for you, not sure I could have passed it up, croissants are sooo good!
  • jlp1994
    jlp1994 Posts: 28 Member
    Outstanding job! That would have been so difficult for me. You showed amazing restraint and willpower - well done!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    I'm proud of you! Well done! 😎
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,902 Member
    Can I have it? o:)

Seriously, good job. Saying no to something I really want is harder than it seems.
  • Sadie2PointOh
    Sadie2PointOh Posts: 34 Member
    Great Job! You exercised great restraint and should be proud of your success!

Ironically, I have 48 Pecan Pie Cupcakes to make for my husband's colleagues today. They are delicious and normally I would stuff at least 3 of those down without a 2nd thought; today my goal is to eat none and to try not to obsessively worry about sending in food/treats that I haven't taste tested myself first. We'll see how it goes. Hopefully I can resist the urgelije you did with the chocolate croissant.

Again, great job! Saying no can be so hard sometimes!
  • Better4Owen
    Better4Owen Posts: 3 Member
    That’s hilarious because my husband is the exact same way. I’m working on my willpower, but MAN, I wish I had his. 🤣
  • cwal1980
    cwal1980 Posts: 7 Member
    edited September 2019
    I wish that exercising will power and turning down sweets burned calories.
  • joone_9
    joone_9 Posts: 152 Member
    That’s a success in my book! Keep doing that and you will reach your goal. I too passed on my planned indulgence of a bowl of chips a couple days ago..decided that I didn’t really want them and chose a healthy snack. I too felt proud that for once food didn’t control me!
  • Super power! Great for you!!
  • montyeva1114
    montyeva1114 Posts: 78 Member
    It really does help to hear about others learning to say no.
  • denjan333
    denjan333 Posts: 158 Member
    I think that’s a pretty big deal. Great willpower!
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    You’re a super hero! (I would have had to take at least one bite!!!!!😋)
  • liaoverbrook
    liaoverbrook Posts: 108 Member
    well done !!
  • d805
    d805 Posts: 103 Member
    Awesome. Way to go!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!