The most difficult thing so far...

SgtMaC42
SgtMaC42 Posts: 16 Member
On your road to fitness, what has been the most difficult obstacle to overcome so far?

Mine: Knowing when to admit that I cannot surpass a specific goal. There is a mental and physical culminating point. Finding it is hard to accept, knowing I can push further and do better as I progress is motivation to push my body further.

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    Filling out the food diary with precision. It was a big learning curve.

Now that I've been here 3 months, no part of my journey is difficult.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    SgtMaC42 wrote: »
    On your road to fitness, what has been the most difficult obstacle to overcome so far?

Mine: Knowing when to admit that I cannot surpass a specific goal. There is a mental and physical culminating point. Finding it is hard to accept, knowing I can push further and do better as I progress is motivation to push my body further.

Keeping weight off.
  • mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member
    The will to keep on track
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Figuring out my why.

Why should I do all this crap that I don't want to do?
    Why should I bother managing my intake? Why force myself to lift or run or whatever?
  • SgtMaC42
    SgtMaC42 Posts: 16 Member
    To like the way you feel about you. But everyone has a different answer to that.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    SgtMaC42 wrote: »
    To like the way you feel about you. But everyone has a different answer to that.

That's something I struggle with, too... but I'm not sure MFP is the place for that.
  • ArmyVeteranM1A1C
    ArmyVeteranM1A1C Posts: 1,045 Member
    edited September 2019
    Giving up the delicious, addictive unhealthy snacks and sodas that were conspiring against my waistline all along.
    One or two still sneak in; I’m still a fitness work in progress
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    The all or nothing mindset has always been the biggest struggle for me for weight loss and other areas as well.
    No point in running if I don’t have time for at least 3 miles...
    I ate two pieces of pizza, so might as well eat 5...
    You get the idea. If I don’t keep that attitude in check, I talk myself out of lots of 1-2 mile runs and ruin my deficit when I still could have stayed pretty close or even under.
  • Getting off the drugs by way results and past thinking. I think the drive to want to get results so that one can be seen or garner attention was a driver in my past so now I'm just focused on wanting to rid of weight as it doesn't help me and to live better.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I keep getting pregnant. Not great for fitness goals but great for my life goals of course.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    edited September 2019
    Hardest part was figuring out how to adjust to a steady level of higher daily calories in maintenance (instead of staying in a deficit and hoarding banked calories to use in some future calorie blowout)
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Willpower. When life gets hectic or troublesome the first thing I do is eat my feelings.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    Parking

..... and lack of validation

(parking validation, not my own validation.)
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Gym selfies. I just can't get that over the shoulder, high waisted leggings, booty pose down

First...I would need a booty 😔
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Caring enough to achieve goals. Why am I here? What am I doing it for? You know the drill.
  • Pandemonium_
    Pandemonium_ Posts: 945 Member
    edited September 2019
    Getting my selfie pose down. I'm still working on the holding the camera high, getting a down shot, from the right side, in good light while sucking in my cheeks pose....just right.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Getting my selfie pose down. I'm still working on the holding the camera high, getting a down shot, from the right side, in good light while sucking in my cheeks pose....just right.

Don't work too hard, you're beautiful as you are!
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Changing work hours makes it challenging sometimes to meal prep and get in the gym.