Exercise help

I’m 49
Trying to figure out what exercises to do to loss my tummy fat.
So if anyone can give me some ideas that would be great.

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    An apropriate calorie deficit will be all you need to lose your tummy fat.

Exercise- do some cardio and some resistance training. This will help you improve your cardiovascular health and retain bone/muscle density/strength, and, to a certain degree, help resculpt your body.

Find things you like to do.
    If like me you are a little adverse to exercise, find what you can tolerate.
    Walking and bodyweight (see Nerdfitness) exercises on alternate days is a good start. But you do you.

Cheers, h.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    what she said above. ^^^
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    To lose fat, eat fewer calories than your body needs.

For overall health, get a variety of exercise that includes cardio, resistance and flexibility. However, the very best exercise is whatever you will do consistently.

Want some concrete ideas?
    Hula hooping
    Fitness trails
    Zumba
    Take dance classes
    Hiking
    Biking
    Walking
    Tennis
    Yoga
    Calisthenics
    Play around with Fitness Blender on YouTube until you find something you enjoy...
  • Melolson14
    Melolson14 Posts: 147 Member
    Thanks for the great ideas

I know I need to get up and start working out
    But I just don’t have the energy.
    I’m in good health
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 910 Member
    you don't.

a bunch of people here have lost belly fat without working out at all. they ate less calories.

have you considered walking? a continuous walk can be great for losing fat and improving fitness. or you could get a recumbent exercise bike and ride at a relaxed to moderate pace while reading or playing a game.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Melolson14 wrote: »
    Thanks for the great ideas

I know I need to get up and start working out
    But I just don’t have the energy.
    I’m in good health

How come you are "in good health" but "just don't have the energy"?
    Can you expand on this perhaps?

Exercise doesn't have to be "working out", or intense, or in a gym, or involve any special equipment.
    Just start low and slow and do something you enjoy - hopefully as your fitness improves your energy levels and enthusiasm for exercising will improve. Don't neglect just adding in move movement into your everyday lifetstyle too as it all makes a difference.

Please do try and adjust your mindset from exercise is for weight loss to exercise is for long term health as that is for life and not just a relatively short period of weight loss.