Today begins week 3 of detox

Well, this is my last week of phase one on the detox. I will not get on the scale until the end of the week. Feeling great and really seeing a change in all of me.
Will keep you posted.
Renee

Replies

• icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Well, this is my last week of phase one on the detox. I will not get on the scale until the end of the week. Feeling great and really seeing a change in all of me.
    Will keep you posted.
    Renee
  • Hi Renee

What kind of detox are you on?
  • icandoit
    Hi Renee

What kind of detox are you on?

Wed 02/06/08 06:36 PMSome people do a liquid detox.
    This detox is totally different. I am not eating dairy, glutens and eggs for 3-4 weeks. I am only eating fresh organic foods. Here is what I posted about this detox.

First of all-This book ( The Ultrametabolism Cookbook by Mark Hyman, M.D.) breaks things down so it is easy to understand.
    It tells you what is good for you, what it does to your body. Same with the bad foods. What harm they are doing and why.
    It also has a fabulous cookbook.
    This detox and lifestyle change is broke down into 2 phases. Each phase has recipes that sound great. So, with this detox, it am doing the following.
    Phase 1
    In this phase you are going to clean up your diet. Getting rid of garbage foods, moving toward a diet of whole, unprocessed foods, and eliminating foods that you may have sensitivities to will help you start the weight-loss process and reboot your metabolism.
    This detoxification phase helps you quickly reset your metabolism. It is designed to further what you started in the preparation phase by removing the most common food allergens-gluten, dairy, and eggs-and introducing whole, healing food. During the 3 weeks you are in this phase, you may lose 6-11 pounds and start to feel refreshed and healthier.
    Besides weight loss, you can expect to feel more energy, sleep better, and get rid of chronic sinus problems, digestive problem's and headaches. Part of the healing occurs because of all the junk you are eliminating, but most occurs because you are introducing delicious whole foods.
    Then when you finish phase one, you enter phase 2. You will slowly start introducing eggs, and other foods. It teaches you to understand how your body accepts the food. It has you keep a journal of how you feel after you eat something.
    It goes on and on.
    What I want to point out is-detox does not mean fasting here. You eat sprout bread in place of the white flour breads. You eat bright colored foods. You don't go more than 4 hours without eating. It has the recipes broke down for phase 1 and 2. It is simple. In place of dairy use soy. Fruit juice and caffeine are out. Green tea is in. You are eating lamb, chicken fish. Fruits, veggies. You will be satisfied.
  • Hi!
    i did a similar type of detox. i was already a vegitarian and only drank water, before i started so it wasnt to difficult. it does make you feel great! if your looking for any food options, the brand "amy's" has great vegan things such as soups, pizza, even macaroni and cheese.
  • wow that actually sounds really good. Has it made a significant difference to how you feel on week 2? and is it available online? I was actually looking for white tea the other day as that is supposed to be the best detoxant you can get (the real stuff 2 buds per plant, not the lower leaves), unfortunately I couldnt source it here in Dubai :(
    Bet you also mentioned soy milk, I picked it up off the supermarket shelf but put it back down as it wasnt in refrigerated part (I have no idea really what soy milk is), what does that actually taste like? can it be used in ceral and coffee? Is it better for you than low fat milk? Lol I have so many questions id rather ask peeps on here than look up on web at least then I get an idea of taste.

I'd definately like to try that detox you are on,, would appreciate any info.

Thanks
    Cath
  • icandoit
    wow that actually sounds really good. Has it made a significant difference to how you feel on week 2? and is it available online? I was actually looking for white tea the other day as that is supposed to be the best detoxant you can get (the real stuff 2 buds per plant, not the lower leaves), unfortunately I couldnt source it here in Dubai :(
    Bet you also mentioned soy milk, I picked it up off the supermarket shelf but put it back down as it wasnt in refrigerated part (I have no idea really what soy milk is), what does that actually taste like? can it be used in ceral and coffee? Is it better for you than low fat milk? Lol I have so many questions id rather ask peeps on here than look up on web at least then I get an idea of taste.

I'd definately like to try that detox you are on,, would appreciate any info.

Thanks
    Cath
    Go to the book store and look at this cookbook
    The Ultrametabolism Cookbook by Mark Hyman, M.D.
    It is a short read. It is the book I am using.