Carbs

I’ve just started my Keto program. Are there any suggestions to increase my carb intake? Seem to be able to hit the fat, but go over a bit on protein
Thanks

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    If you're doing keto, why would you increase carbs?

This ^^^^^

Did you research keto fully before attempting it?
  • FireyChimera
    FireyChimera Posts: 155 Member
    Not sure why you would want to do keto, but it's all about eliminating carbs (keto is unsustainable and not goof for you.) To increase carbs eat plants :) Fruit, grains, legumes, tubers like potatoes, nuts have some carbs, but more fat. Also things like rice, whole wheat pasta, vegetables like peas and carrots. And oatmeal and wheat. Carbs galore :)
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited September 2019
    Mmmm^
    Let's just say there are many persons who think KETO is not bad for you.
    But, its opponents include people who write scholarly articles published in respected medical journals.
    But, like most fad diets, it will die out before there is any long term empirical "evidence."
  • msilverjr
    msilverjr Posts: 2 Member
    The original Ketogenic Therapy, known as the classic Ketogenic Diet, or classic Keto for short, was designed in 1923 by Dr. Russell Wilder at the Mayo Clinic. There is nothing fad about it.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    msilverjr wrote: »
    The original Ketogenic Therapy, known as the classic Ketogenic Diet, or classic Keto for short, was designed in 1923 by Dr. Russell Wilder at the Mayo Clinic. There is nothing fad about it.

The Mayo Clinic recommends against it and I don't think an introduction of a treatment for epilepsy makes it other than a fad. If I saw a stream of adherents over a period of time longer than a millennial minute, I'd take back the "fad" label.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    Don't listen to the propaganda that KETO is good for you either.
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    without getting into why or whether you should be doing keto...

to simply answer your question eat more veg. Vegetables, especially the less sweet kind (so not peas or sweetcorn, or indeed carrot) are all good healthy carbs and should be encouraged into any diet. This includes lower carb diets (where really the starchy veg and baked stuff is the villain of the piece)