Hey, just joined this group!

Options
ku140
ku140 Posts: 65 Member
I'm looking to lose around 25 - 30 lbs and be more active.
I've been logging for a few weeks and getting in my gym time.
Just wanted to say HEY and looking forward to getting and receiving some support!

Replies

• cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Good Morning & Welcome!
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    @ku140 Welcome to the group!
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,471 Member
    Options
    hiya!
  • rnamy23
    rnamy23 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just joined the group as well! I’m looking to lose from 20-25 lbs and to become more consistent with my workouts! Hopefully the accountability will be helpful!
  • FrankieandSpots
    FrankieandSpots Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here as well and looking to lose a similar amount (20-25lb, I think, 8-10kg)
  • LADars
    LADars Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm new as well. I would be overjoyed with losing 10 whole pounds. I drop 1-2 pounds, and then pop back up. When I am within my cals, it doesn't seem to make a difference. I'm wondering if I need to consume UNDER 1000 cals net a day. Anyone having this issue?
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Welcome LDMunter!
    Going under 1.000 would probably be unhealthy and not sustainable for a long time. A minimum of 1.200 seems to be the general rule to keep your organs and muscles going.
    Are you logging accurately, weighing everything?
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    LDMunter wrote: »
    Hi. I'm new as well. I would be overjoyed with losing 10 whole pounds. I drop 1-2 pounds, and then pop back up. When I am within my cals, it doesn't seem to make a difference. I'm wondering if I need to consume UNDER 1000 cals net a day. Anyone having this issue?

I sure wouldn't do it. I was an idiot when I first started using this site and often under ate. While I did lose weight, my hair also started falling out and I was exhausted all the time. Perhaps re-evaluate what kinds of foods you're eating and make sure to weigh stuff.
  • dinalina
    dinalina Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm new here too. I've recently lost 10 pounds, but I've got another 10 pounds to go. Looking forward to being more accountable, giving support, and finding inspiration to keep on keeping on towards the goal. :)
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Welcome Dinalina !
  • l4a_p
    l4a_p Posts: 241 Member
    Options

I don't know your height, weight or age, but going under 1000kcal seems like a bad idea. I would suggest firstly like cayenne_007 said make sure you're logging 100% accurate. I personally don't eat back my (moderate) exercise calories because I don't trust what any watch/app/tracker says I've burned. I'm sure you can eat some back when you're an athlete, but for regular moderate exercise like biking or running 30min, I wouldn't do it.
    And then all that is left to do is be very consistent and patient. If you eat at a deficit for a month, and didn't cheat yourself, and still don't lose weight; consult a doctor!
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    @LDMunter I agree with @I4a_p and @cayenne_007 . 1000cal/day is way to low for anyone.
    I think the lowest is 1200/day on MFP. I would exercise and burn the calories rather than going into starving mode. (body will hang onto the fat when starving)
    Besides, working out will give you energy and muscle will burn cals while resting too. Win-win.
  • ku140
    ku140 Posts: 65 Member
    Options

I'm just repeating what others have said, but pleeeeease don't go under 1200 calories! I think the bouncing pounds are your body's way of saying to revisit your weight loss strategy. The last 10 can be a really hard road. Slow, tedious. Especially depending what those 10 will get you to - is it a reasonable weight, your lowest weight ever? Or is it more a certain look?