Meal preps

Hello I'm new to this and was wondering if people have any easy recipes for meal prepping , trying to drop some weight and also enjoy my food

Replies

• GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Do you like salads? We love salads at our house! We often eat several main dish salads each week.

There are many, but one thing I have done is copy salads of restaurants. I just buy the ingredients and make them myself. Tonight we had a strawberry and berry salad similar to the Strawberry Field salad at Wendy's. Yummy! Besides the typical vegetables I added sliced chicken breast, strawberries, blueberries, dried cranberries, and almonds. My husband really likes this salad with a raspberry vinaigrette.

Here are some other ideas that I posted on a discussion some time ago, with additions of another poster also. Hope this gives you some more good ideas:

Salad ideas? I love mandarin chicken salad: Mixed greens, chopped tomato, about 8-10 sections of canned mandarin oranges, cooked and cubed chicken, all sprinkled with sliced almonds.

How about a taco salad: Iceberg lettuce, Romaine lettuce, spinach leaves, chopped tomatoes, 2 oz very lean ground beef (cooked and drained of fat then cooked with just a bit of taco seasoning as directed on package), 1 oz of grated cheese, 2 tortilla chips crunched up and sprinkled on top. I used 2T of salsa mixed with 1T of sour cream for dressing. MFP gave me 315 calories for a huge salad.

My new favorite salad, Berry Almond Chicken Salad: mixed greens, 2 oz roasted chicken breast, sliced strawberries, raspberries (or blackberries), dried cranberries, with a little grated cheese and sliced almonds on top. The berries make it so yummy. I do use 1/2 Tablespoon Poppy Seed dressing. but it would be good even without dressing.

Spinach, Strawberry and goat cheese (so flavorful, no dressing is needed)

Grilled Buffalo Chicken (I make my own low calorie blue cheese to use on the side when my mouth needs cooled off-I like the combination of spicy sauce with cool lettuce)

Also from Pinterest and the Food Network:
    Adobo grilled chicken, corn, black bean over lettuce
    Tzaziki marinated grilled chicken salad
    Spicy Tai Asian Grilled Chicken Salad
    Philly cheese steak salad (can also do a Steak & Blue salad)

Just make sure you measure and weigh the ingredients. I carefully weight out cheese and meat when I add it to salad.

BTW My husband and I have done well losing weight with main dish salads!
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited September 2019
    I pre chop veggies, put into individual bags or containers. Pre cook extra meat. Then pull out individual servings to reheat or prepare meal quickly.

Like pre cook taco seasoned meat, chop/dice a lot of veggies.

Make taco salad one night, meat over greens, add toppings of chopped/diced veggies, and tomatoes, avocado, olives, cilantro, sprinkle of cheese, and salsa.

Next day, use all same ingredients for a Tex Mex omelet, with my pre-diced bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, and top with cilantro, avocado, and sour cream.

Later use again in a cold wrap meat and veggies with black beans.

I do this kind of prep and food, live for a couple of days off same ingredients. I also do this with different flavor profiles: Mexican, Italian, Greek, Indian, Mid Eastern, etc.