arkness
To help me get to the light
I am 5'3
I weigh 199
I need support

Replies

• kristenmary70
    kristenmary70 Posts: 55 Member
    Congratulations on starting this journey! You will be happy you took these pictures so that you can see your progress. When I started, (and now that I have re-started with this app) I follow interesting threads on the discussion board and request to be "friends" with people who encourage others or seem to have good insight into this process. I hope you find a lot of support here!
  • beckypierce1
    beckypierce1 Posts: 17 Member
    This is me
    No smoke or mirrors
    This is raw
    This is hard for me to post
    But I need to see the truth of the dna95aanbf4vb.jpg
    arkness
    To help me get to the light
    I am 5'3
    I weigh 199
    I need support

• beckypierce1
    beckypierce1 Posts: 17 Member
    Good for you for being real and wanting to make positive changes for yourself. I'm right there with you although not as brave as you to post pics. Best wishes on journey!!
  • Thank you so much ❤️
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Hi Kelly! I'm lisa. I wasn't brave enough to take photos of myself at my heaviest weight, which was 218 lbs at 5'4". It took me several years to get there, but I reached my goal weight of 143 not too long ago. I know you can do it too! Please feel free to add me! My journey isn't done, I'm working on a new goal!
  • imaniac330
    imaniac330 Posts: 1 Member
    I don't know you. But I'm proud of you. Takes alot of courage to be soo transparent. Really hope you reach your goals. It's hard. I'm just starting myself.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    You rock! You're braver than me and I'm much older than you.

I wish you nothing but the best on your journey here. 💚
  • I dont know you and I am not taking any pictures of my body ! I am not there yet. I need to loose weight and exercise or I am going to die! You are inspiring me to try Harder !!!Hope everyone has a great day!
  • aracely2224
    aracely2224 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Hi! MFP has helped me achieve my goals with the calorie count. I’m cheering for you!

You can do it! 🌺 Best of Luck
  • jqdeconinck
    jqdeconinck Posts: 2 Member
    I will try to be as brave as you and take pictures of myself. Not sure if I will post them though. I am new to MFP but not new to dieting. Lol. Good luck! Maybe we can encourage each other.
  • XMusicxXxLoveX
    XMusicxXxLoveX Posts: 1 Member
    You got this :smile: keep it up
  • dani616
    dani616 Posts: 2 Member
    Same here! My numbers are very similar! Went from 5’2” and 125lbs to 189! Three kids and I just need a different approach to this body at this stage in my life!!! I did well last time I used this app and after baby number 3 I just need to get back to it! Full speed and am here to chat anytime!!! We all have this! Let’s get to it! B)
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    I am no good at being an MFP friend. I pretty much totally ignore the news feed so I can't help you there.

I can tell you some things that have helped me:

1) Keep it simple and easy. Do not think you have to make drastic changes. Make the smallest changes you can make to start and then add more over time. Eat normally just eat less. Move more if possible but gradually increase. You can add nutrition goals later just work on getting into a calorie deficit. It does not matter what type of food you eat as long as it leaves you full and satisfied until the next meal. If it does not come back and ask for help.

2) Do not quit for any reason. If you have a bad day and eat every taco within a 30 mile range log it and move on. Perfection is not required to lose weight. It often gets in the way. You need to lose weight MOST days not ALL days to be successful.

3) Educate yourself. You need to be comfortably in charge of your weight and fitness management. This comes from learning the mechanics of how to achieve your goals. In each forum here there is a "Most Helpful Posts" section at the top. I suggest reading anything you think may benefit you. Start with reading this:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

4) Try NOT to be motivated by scale results/numbers. The bathroom scale will very often go up even when you are doing everything correctly. This has nothing to do with fat weight. It is usually water weight fluctuations that happen to everyone. Read this:

http://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations/

• lindseyt71901
    lindseyt71901 Posts: 84 Member
    How incredibly brave of you! I don't even have the courage to take the photos and keep them to myself!

I am absolutely adding you because you not only look like a cool person to know, but I already admire you. You aren't the only person that has "done this" to yourself. Honestly, in my head, it's what I've said to myself, too. When I'm too tired to go walking after being on my feet for most of the day, I poke myself, sigh, and grab my bag and weights. When I'm feeling like I could punch through a wall because I'm just wanting to be on the couch with a cup of coffee, I remember that I overindulged that same way for too long and here I am.

You are in good company and I know that you will succeed in whatever you put your mind to.
  • shaun_mossy
    shaun_mossy Posts: 13 Member
    Good luck on starting your journey!

If you follow the advice on here, you'll be amazed at how quickly you notice a difference!

And as someone who has recently fallen off the wagon and is now getting back into it - I'm also speaking to myself!

We can all do this :)
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    I agree, the pics are hard, but so worth it when you can look back and compare! It’s such a gradual change that it’s easy to forget what day 1 really looked like... sure, we all have pics in various social situations, but clothing can hide or accentuate and not give an accurate picture of what’s underneath. I did it last year when I first started running and even though I only lost a few pounds according to the scale, my body looked totally different! Then I had surgery and am back to where I started + 10 pounds... grrr... I took my pic the other day and am ready to fast forward a couple/few months so I can (hopefully) see the changes!!

You can do it!!
  • Devil_Dawg
    Devil_Dawg Posts: 167 Member
    You got this!
  • ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    You have just taken the hardest step! You are moving in the right direction. Now get your mental state in place... Focus. Set Goals. It is a good idea to have a final goal with mini goals to reach along the way. Continue to take progress pictures frequently. They help you see change when the scale may not. I highly recommend buying a digital food scale because what we often think is a serving is most often far from it. Weigh and Log your food. Read the success stories and motivation board... BUT please know some folks here have no filter and there are MANY that think they BELIEVE & KNOW to be what you should/shouldn't be doing. The boards can be uplifting and encouraging and then you can run into some members who can make you never want to visit the boards ever again. Don't let them ruin it for you. Stay Positive!! You can do this!!
  • SingleinOregon
    SingleinOregon Posts: 10 Member
    You are awesome.
    BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!
    🌻
  • MrAcavano
    MrAcavano Posts: 198 Member
    So great to see this. You’ve come to the right place for support. The only way to fail here is to not be honest with yourself about what you eat. If you’re willing to put yourself out there with this much courage there is not a doubt in my mind that you’ll succeed. Get a food scale and just keep tracking!!!! You can do it.