September 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• JMNagain
    JMNagain Posts: 121 Member
    edited September 2019
    5k before school again today. Don't think I added it to my ticker, so have added it now. Hope I haven't doubled up...

@MNLittleFinn amazing race report! Looking forward to reading each section!

@Avidkeo what a pain! Our car went a bit moldy last summer (don't ask) and upholstery cleaner got it all out amazingly well. Maybe try that?

exercise.png

• polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    @rheddmobile ugggh, I'm SO sorry that happened and your running treasures are gone :(
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,950 Member
    @rheddmobile How awful! I hate that that happened to you. It's good that no one was hurt, but having to replace all of your stuff still sucks.
  • zeesparrow
    zeesparrow Posts: 348 Member
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    @rheddmobile How awful! I hate that that happened to you. It's good that no one was hurt, but having to replace all of your stuff still sucks.

This. I'm so sorry.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    that sucks @rheddmobile
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,408 Member
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    that sucks @rheddmobile

I know most(???) people are good, but there are some real a**holes out there 😠
    Sorry that happened to you @rheddmobile!
  • hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    @rheddmobile oh no! So sorry. That’s a lot of important stuff to you and I can imagine the frustration.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,029 Member
    @rheddmobile That sucks!! So sorry that happened to you.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    @rheddmobile That really sucks!

If you don't mind me asking, where exactly did you park? I don't think I'm at much risk as I normally park at the visitor center and if I'm running Greenline, I'll go past the bison to get there. So maybe more out of curiosity and where to watch.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    5.20 miles tonight

exercise.png
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    @rheddmobile That really sucks!

If you don't mind me asking, where exactly did you park? I don't think I'm at much risk as I normally park at the visitor center and if I'm running Greenline, I'll go past the bison to get there. So maybe more out of curiosity and where to watch.

I was at the GreenWAY which is a different trail system entirely - go west down Walnut Grove, turn southeast and follow Humphreys boulevard until it turns into Wolf River Boulevard, the trailhead is the one just over the line into Germantown. It’s confusing but there is both a Greenline and an unconnected Greenway in the Wolf River bottoms (although the trail systems do meet up if you cross under Walnut Grove). If you look on Google earth where we were is labeled Germantown Greenway west parking lot, roughly across from the opera house. It’s also where the Greenway bathrooms are, which is why we park there.

The Shelby Farms visitor center used to be notorious for vehicle break ins, but we haven’t had a problem there since all the renovations a few years back, and it seems like most of the time there’s enough foot traffic that it would discourage people. The parking areas up by Pine Lake and Mullins Station are still bad though. According to the cops today the whole trail area gets hit fairly regularly.

We sort of knew it would happen eventually and made a point not to leave “valuables” in the car, without really thinking how all our random little stuff added up to quite a dollar sum.

Anyway I hope whoever stole my extra socks feels proud when they go through our stuff and find a diabetes testing kit and an asthma inhaler. So stupid.

Ah, I didn't even realize there was another whole trail system. And yes, there is always a ton of foot traffic there at the visitor center. I drive a Prius and even park in one of the hybrid parking stalls if possible. It's so close to the building, the wheelhouse, and the road that it would be unlikely for someone to be able to find much of a time window to break into my car. Even if someone were as far away as the bathrooms, they would hear the car alarm and see it.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,373 Member
    @rheddmobile - Wow! That is terrible! I am so sorry it happened to you. I try not to keep much in my car for that very reason.