Newbie at this nutrition thing. I always wanted to try keto but I love my sushi and potatoes so thinking low carb would work better without any painful bad cheat days. Anyone willing to help a lady who is a mom and budget friendly with recipe ideas

Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,937 Member
    Newbie at this nutrition thing. I always wanted to try keto but I love my sushi and potatoes so thinking low carb would work better without any painful bad cheat days. Anyone willing to help a lady who is a mom and budget friendly with recipe ideas

You are thinking low carb would work better for what? There is no metabolic advantage for fat loss to either keto or low carb. But if eating that way is sustainable for you it may work better for you.

Really, you don't need any special gimmick. Just less calories in than you burn in a day.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member

Since you are new to nutrition (if that is what you mean) you might not realize that keto and low carb are not widely considered nutritious ways of eating. Nutrition often boils down to eating a good variety and not allowing higher calorie but lower nutrient foods to crowd out the nutrient dense foods.

If you meant weight loss and not nutrition any system that creates a calorie deficit will work. Giving up foods that you enjoy, unless you are completely unable to moderate them, is not a good start of a sustainable plan imo.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member

People succeed on any kind of diet they can stick to LONG TERM. That's all you need to know. Everyone is different.
  • rdl619
    rdl619 Posts: 14 Member
    mmapags wrote: »

You are thinking low carb would work better for what? There is no metabolic advantage for fat loss to either keto or low carb. But if eating that way is sustainable for you it may work better for you.

Really, you don't need any special gimmick. Just less calories in than you burn in a day.

This is true try starting at 1900 calories per day and track you're weight loss
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member
    How'd you come up with 1900? We don't know her stats.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    How'd you come up with 1900? We don't know her stats.

they posted that because as a "noob" myself at one time, I thought I knew everything! I know know, I know nothing!