slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Brene Brown's Netflix special
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Free Solo

That boy is crazy.....

Crazy OR extremely skillful and good at what he does? Just think about what he did and did not do in the movie / life.

imho...... both crazy & skillful

it's okay tho', those Free Solo climbers are certainly doing their part to save Social Security.

• GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Watched "The Mexican" with Julia Roberts and Brad Pitt last night. It was just o.k.
  • very_californian
    very_californian Posts: 97 Member
    You've Got Mail because it's the greatest movie of all time.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    IT Chapter 2

Not as scary as I'd thought it would be ... Maybe I have just outgrown this genre. Found it more disturbing than scary, which was dissapointing. :neutral:

I agree that it wasn’t as scary as I thought it would be, but neither was the one before it. I’d say they were both just creepy rather than scary. I found the first movie adaptation scary, but I was a kid then though so hard to say if that’s a fair comparison. I may have found the new ones scary as kid, who knows 🤷🏼‍♀️. Despite not really finding the two new ones scary, I did think they were decent movies. I probably call them dramas more so than horror though...
  • beerdedbastard
    beerdedbastard Posts: 641 Member

qu2acp32ecrb.gif
  • _Miss_Chievous
    _Miss_Chievous Posts: 601 Member

I liked that movie too. Ignore the haters 😊
  • beerdedbastard
    beerdedbastard Posts: 641 Member

I liked that movie too. Ignore the haters 😊

Questioning isn't hating.
  • NoHookUpZone
    NoHookUpZone Posts: 1,531 Member
    Attack of the Killer donuts
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Mid-August Lunch. It was different & interesting along the lines of Grey Gardens.
  • very_californian
    very_californian Posts: 97 Member
    Its going to be the Devil and Daniel Johnston tonight.
    he died today. RIP.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Not really a film but Bill Burr’s most recent stand up. He’s hilarious. Definitely recommend.

I like Bill Burr, as it's guaranteed non stop laughs from beginning to end, on stand up or podcasts. Too good.

We have his Netflix special, "Paper Tiger," marked to watch possibly before sleep ( comedy is always good medicine).
  • 777Gemma888
    IT Chapter 2

Not as scary as I'd thought it would be ... Maybe I have just outgrown this genre. Found it more disturbing than scary, which was dissapointing. :neutral:

I agree that it wasn’t as scary as I thought it would be, but neither was the one before it. I’d say they were both just creepy rather than scary. I found the first movie adaptation scary, but I was a kid then though so hard to say if that’s a fair comparison. I may have found the new ones scary as kid, who knows 🤷🏼‍♀️. Despite not really finding the two new ones scary, I did think they were decent movies. I probably call them dramas more so than horror though...

My thoughts exactly.
  • 777Gemma888
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    IT Chapter 2

My thoughts on the recent crop of horror movies. I used to be scared, now Im just grossed out and disturbed. Not liking this genre anymore. I also feel that comedies trend a similar pattern now.

My sister chose the movie, and like a drone I'd followed her into the theater. It wasn't until it had started that I came to, "It!! You chose "It!"" ... Lol. Agree@ boldened.
  • _Miss_Chievous
    _Miss_Chievous Posts: 601 Member
    Not really a film but Bill Burr’s most recent stand up. He’s hilarious. Definitely recommend.

Kinda need a good laugh. I'm going to check that out tonight 😊
  • 777Gemma888
    IT ch2...clearly I'm a baby because I thought it was scary lol 🙈

Not a film: Marianne is A DO NOT WATCH for you then. All reviews are saying it's scaaaarrrryyyyy!
  • neilwij
    neilwij Posts: 1,634 Member
    Hitmans bodyguard
  • helow88
    helow88 Posts: 74 Member
    Hellboy (2019)

It was really bloody. A little too over the top for my taste. I still prefer the Ron Pearlman Hellboy movies.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    John Wick 3

Meh. Some decent choreography, but also some bad stunts and REALLY bad effects.
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member

Kinda need a good laugh. I'm going to check that out tonight 😊

Also watch Dave Chapelles new one.
    I hope you enjoy!