Only have 18 carbs left for the day

I need dinner ideas! I have chicken tenderloins thawed, have 59 protein left, but am really low in carbs (darn that Fiber One Brownie!).

Any suggestions?

Replies

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    AZTeri2016 wrote: »
    I need dinner ideas! I have chicken tenderloins thawed, have 59 protein left, but am really low in carbs (darn that Fiber One Brownie!).

Any suggestions?

Chicken tenderloins.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,847 Member
    edited September 2019
    If you are just wanting to limit carbs because you are looking at the Remaining line, don't worry about it - the important thing is your total calories.

That said, 100 g of raw spinach has 4 carbs.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member
    I just had a chicken Ceasar, 50g protein, 25 carbs, and that was with a few croutons and some avocado.
  • dmcforthewin
    dmcforthewin Posts: 135 Member
    edited September 2019
    AZTeri2016 wrote: »

Any suggestions?

You sound like me. I logged my food in advance for a chicken salad lunch place tomorrow and it almost ate all my calories for that one meal. My carb limit was gone with just the one lunch. Bummer. However, I was able to squeeze in one small 4 oz burger with mayo for dipping, but that's it. I know your post isn't about eating out, but it made me think of my own meal situation. Macros add up fast when you try to eat out somewhere and I have to watch my carbs for sure.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,913 Member
    vegetables.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    In the future, if your macros are important to you, fill out your food diary a few days in advance. That eliminates problems like this at the end of the day. Good luck!
  • phx92
    phx92 Posts: 87 Member
    Broccoli is abt 6g carbs per cup raw! (1/2 bag frozen is about 16 carbs). You could have chicken tenderloins and broccoli. You could make a stir fry or just grill/bake the tenderloins and serve it with broccoli on the side. There’s lots of low carb vegetables but I always keep broccoli on hand
  • hmhill17
    hmhill17 Posts: 283 Member
    Rub the chicken in paprika, chili powder, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, whatever else you want. Wrap it in bacon. Cook in pan to start rendering/crisping then throw in 425 oven for about 30 minutes.
  • AZTeri2016
    AZTeri2016 Posts: 77 Member
    anubis609 wrote: »
    Unless you have a reason to reduce carbs, all that matters is total calories and protein as it works towards your goal, whatever that may be.

To that extent, you can use the chicken as you desire.

I do limit my carbs because before I started monitoring macros, I wasn't losing even though I was at or under calories. I was eating far too many carbs.

As it turned out, hubby wanted to go out for dinner, and that threw me WAAAAYYYY over carbs :/ Even though I just had shimp fajitas, without the tortilla. I had to guestimate how to record, so it probably wasn't accurate anyhow. But today I'm doing better, one day won't kill me, I know that much.
  • kcmcbee
    kcmcbee Posts: 177 Member
    Carbs matter. Just sayin...