What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• Pannduh
    Pannduh Posts: 89 Member
    Egg sandwich elqrzrwllymj.jpeg
  • hmhill17
    hmhill17 Posts: 283 Member
    Yesterday I made:
    Banana oatmeal chocolate chip bars for the kids.
    Tater tot sausage egg and cheese "muffins" for the wife to take for breakfast
    My egg white ham and pepper jack bites
    Tatziki pasta salad (whole grain penne, cucumber, tomato, kalamatas, dill, garlic, lemon juice, greek yoghurt"
    Greek marinated chicken ( garlic, lemon juice, greek yoghurt, oregano)

Today I'm making pulled pork and black beans in the crockpot to portion out and freeze for lunches.
  • duskyjewel
    duskyjewel Posts: 286 Member
    I spent yesterday cooking to get ahead for the week. Last night we ate navy bean with bacon and spinach soup, and there are leftovers portioned out for lunches. I also made Blissful Butternut Squash Soup, but only for my husband and I to take for lunches because the kids don't like it. And I made turkey pumpkin white bean chili for later this week. All recipes from Skinnytaste.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    good job @duskyjewel ! Meal prepping really helps.

I spent a long time in the kitchen yesterday as well. The zucchini bread and zucchini soup from that ginormous zucchini. Then hard boiled eggs for the week (snack), steamed chicken breast that I shred and for salad toppings and sandwiches. I also had the slower cooker going with Beef chuck and Mushrooms for dinner that we had with Green beans and Rice.

Cut up some watermelons, made snackpac for kids (1/2 apple, cheese, carrots and cucumber with ranch, yogurt drink and some crackers) my fridge is packed! But knowing everything will be eaten is a good feeling :)
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Quick lunch:

Samphire, blanched for 30 seconds. Topped with a poached egg, 15g of 30% less fat light cheddar and chipotle sauce. Tasty!
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Lentil stew
  • weatherking2019
    salmon, broccoli, baby potatoes and kids had rice. All baked in the oven with ghee, salt and lemon.
  • kosseychick
    kosseychick Posts: 244 Member
    nxrdw66cygch.jpg
    Egg whites scrambled with cherry tomatoes,onion, red pepper, ground flax seed topped with grated cheese and salsa. Served with concord grapes and a slice of quinoa and flax toastl
  • hmhill17
    hmhill17 Posts: 283 Member
    Whole wheat pizza crust is spinning in the bread maker as we speak. Does that count?
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,590 Member
    Vietnamese garlic noodle, roast broccoli, a few prawns.
    5bq0kiip8a81.jpeg
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    No pic, but roasted Brussels sprouts and seared scallops. It was delicious!
  • weatherking2019
    Ground turkey, spinach tomato sauce with garlic along with tricolor pasta was dinner for kids!
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Question. Why do ppl post pics here and not in the "what your meals look like section"?

I would counter that and ask why not? The first page of this thread (which started last year) is full of pictures so it's always been a thing. I also think for some people there might be a thought of, "I'm posting pictures of what I made here and things that I didn't make but still ate in the 'what your meals look like' thread".

Lastly, given that almost every post in the other thread contains pictures and pictures from on these forms upload especially slowly for me (and I'd imagine other people), it could also just be a case of people rarely if ever reading the "what my meals look like" thread.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,069 Member
    aokoye wrote: »
    Question. Why do ppl post pics here and not in the "what your meals look like section"?

I would counter that and ask why not? The first page of this thread (which started last year) is full of pictures so it's always been a thing. I also think for some people there might be a thought of, "I'm posting pictures of what I made here and things that I didn't make but still ate in the 'what your meals look like' thread".

Lastly, given that almost every post in the other thread contains pictures and pictures from on these forms upload especially slowly for me (and I'd imagine other people), it could also just be a case of people rarely if ever reading the "what my meals look like" thread.

I agree. It's a visual medium. I tend to post more here than the other threads because I look at my cooking as usually "home cooking with a purpose," that purpose being movement towards fitness goals, and less emphasis on more "ambitious" cuisine. Attractive visuals is part of this, together with taste and underlying macro values.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Mushroom onion gravy smothered pork chopped, potatoes and fresh steamed green beans.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    edited September 2019
    Also dear god the typos in that last post of mine. That's what I get for posting before breakfast.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,590 Member
    I use the other thread when I eat out. Seeing as I have out of town houseguests this weekend and will be eating out a lot in the upcoming days, posting tonight's homemade dinner here. Mongolian beef with sugar snaps, Indonesian tomato salad (lalab), peeled roasted paprikas drizzled with balsamic, rice.
    iwh5gsdtb5ff.jpeg

• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member

This👆
    acpgee wrote: »
    I use the other thread when I eat out.

This 👆
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    edited September 2019

This👆
    acpgee wrote: »
    I use the other thread when I eat out.

This 👆

Appreciate it @aokoye @acpgee and @777Gemma888. It actually worries me that a good majority of quality food or quality discussion and product/lifestyle threads aren't on the Board anymore. Why this very one was started by me. Some of us aren't professionally trained. This was intended to create a community for budding home cooks/chefs/caterers - the family life, open for descriptions and/or photo logging (from process to plating, or just the plate), even tips.
    k8eekins wrote: »
    Value the food/meal photo blogs, especially the home prepared eats, so here goes this one, since Natty_or_Not's primary thread, has disappeared. [August 6, 2018]
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Chicken tikka masala in the instant pot, with sticky rice and garlic naan :p