Confused .

Hi I am not sure as to what Category I fit under . I am on my feet a lot I work out in general 5 times a week about a half hour . I average about 14000 steps and daily calorie burn according to Fitbit is about 2000 calories burned daily . Am I lightly active or active

Replies

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    The activity categories do not include intentional exercise. Based on your steps and description of being on your feet a lot, I would say active. But just pick one, stick with it for a few weeks, and the evaluate.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,905 Member
    edited September 2019
    dee3mom30 wrote: »
    Hi I am not sure as to what Category I fit under . I am on my feet a lot I work out in general 5 times a week about a half hour . I average about 14000 steps and daily calorie burn according to Fitbit is about 2000 calories burned daily . Am I lightly active or active

Please read that link in the Fitbit Group that I linked in your other thread. It is a long explanation, but it would be easier for you to understand this instead of posting multiple threads that are covered in that FAQ post. This is covered in that Fitbit Group thread. It also saves a lot of people from answering this here (maybe without them even understanding your issue.)

FAQ post about FITBIT synching and exercise and activity calories: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10098937/faq-syncing-logging-food-amp-exercise-calorie-adjustments-activity-levels-accuracy/p1
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    The options you chose aren't set in stone and are just rough averages anyway.

The best indicator is your own experience. Set an activity level and see how you go for 3 or 4 weeks. If you're struggling, hungry and losing weight faster than expected then you can move up a level if your finding that you're progress is slower than predicted then drop back.

Using this tool does require a degree of experimentation to hone in on the setting that are right for you and even how to best put it too use. To get the best results is really a process of trial, evaluate, adjust.