Introduce yourself

Replies

• Eddie_Ice
    Eddie_Ice Posts: 115 Member
    Hello everyone. My name Is Eddie I am 30 and just starting MFP. I am here to reach my physical goals of getting back down to 185-190 of lean mean beer drinking running machine. I have always been very fit but I got a new job that requires me to sit more often and one year in along with turning 30 has me less than enthused about my weight gain.

I am on a run plan to prep for my first full marathon so I'm running at a minimum 15 miles a week, I am also lifting to keep from losing muscle while I cut back on the calories. Looking forward to getting to know some of you and getting some accountability partners in this journey.
  • jdaniels115
    jdaniels115 Posts: 7 Member
    I'm Jackie, 34, from Massachusetts. I've been on and off this bandwagon way too many times, and I need some support from some friends! I'm a teacher, so it's never guaranteed how much I'm sitting or walking. I love to cook, so making my own healthy meals is definitely within my wheelhouse. Please add me!!
  • KRansome83
    KRansome83 Posts: 7 Member
    Hi! I'm Krystal, 35, and currently in South Carolina. I'm not new to MFP but still finding my way around the MFP community. I've been on my latest (and hopefully last) mission to lose weight for over a year now with about 100lbs more to lose. I enjoy traveling, listening to music, going to the beach, being a gymrat, and cooking healthy meals not just for myself but for friends and family too.

I welcome all add requests.
  • AKNMHunt
    AKNMHunt Posts: 168 Member
    Hi I am Nici. I turned 30 on the 4th and two days ago was told I have high cholesterol. This worries me due to history of heart issues on both sides of my family. I have a good 35lbs minimum I need to lose.
  • lizvision
    lizvision Posts: 3 Member
    Hi, I’m Liz. I’m 36 years old and I live in San Antonio, Texas. I’m a Breast Cancer survivor, teacher, and mom. I love food, and find it very hard to diet, so my goal is to eat in a balanced way that allows me to try new foods, but keeps me on track. I’m joining for support when it gets tough to make the right choices
  • mrsims1776
    mrsims1776 Posts: 3 Member
    Hello! This is the beginning of my weight loss journey. I'm 33, 5'11" and weigh 364 lbs. I'm hoping joining a couple groups will help keep me accountable for my goal of getting down to at least 240lb. I am very excited about this, and look forward to sharing my journey, long though it may be. Never give up! Never Surrender!!
  • SgtMaC42
    SgtMaC42 Posts: 16 Member
    Hi. I'm Jade, I'm 33. I am a mother of 2, active duty USMC and attending college. Even with my active lifestyle my metabolism just isn't what it was and these 18-21 year olds run sooo fast 😅. Trying to keep up and attain my ideal fitness level and body shape. Problem is, my joints hurt, I have to make sure In don't overtrainin before TBS and I like vodka food. Discipline wanes sometimes....nice to meet you all!
  • nursemeggo
    nursemeggo Posts: 2 Member
    Hey all! I'm a few weeks shy of 35 and am 6 weeks into this focus on losing weight and increasing overall health/wellness.

I'm a nurse, single mom, just recently moved, going back to school in the near future, etc etc etc LOL

I have a spoiled poodle too

I'm doing a low carb diet/lifestyle and working on strength training and cardio. Love my KETTLEBELL!!!!!
  • 84creative
    84creative Posts: 128 Member
    Hey, I’m Tom, I’m 35 and from the UK. I’ve just started working out again after giving up my gym membership over 10 years ago. Now it’s time to get back into the shape I was in my 20s. I’m 19 weeks in and making good progress so far. I’ve used MFP to lose weight and to gain weight and happy to add friends to join the journey.
  • IAMGREATBEARD
    IAMGREATBEARD Posts: 126 Member
    Morning all my name is Ben I’m new here, I’m 32 and have finally woken up from my laziness to get back into shape I’ve been going for about 3 months now am have lost nearly 10kg I feel lighter stronger and I’m about to push my body to the limit to reach my goals, looking to meet people who have the same ideas and want to motivate and push each other 👌💪
  • science_and_fairies
    science_and_fairies Posts: 11 Member
    edited January 2020
    Hi all!! I am 32, and have approximately 100 lbs to lose. I am not new to MFP. However life circumstances kinda beat me up. I am now in a stable situation and able to get my weight back under control. I eat fast food way too much since I dont have access to a kitchen. But I'm doing my best to get healthy despite that obstacle.

Feel free to add me.
  • TiffanyMiffany
    TiffanyMiffany Posts: 9 Member
    Hi all, I’m Tiffany, mom to 2 living in Oregon. Working on getting in better shape so I can have lots of hiking and other adventures with my kiddos. I’ve walked/jogged 5Ks but never ran a whole one and my goal is to run one this spring. Love food, and also working on eating healthier!
  • Kilsi_Kizmit
    Kilsi_Kizmit Posts: 9 Member
    edited February 2020
    Hello -38 here :)

I'm an introvert (INFP), dog lover (have two rescue girls), geek, gamer, and artist. My guy and I have been together since 2000.

Nearly a decade ago I did so well dropping nearly 40lbs on WW, but unfortunately bounced back and now have to lose double that amount. Since January 7th I'm down 8lbs. so 75 more to go!

I have a desk job and with gaming I'm sitting most of the time. Being raised without exercise doesn't help either. My family is riddled with diabetes, high blood pressure, and knee problems due to weight.

I'm going to start using my idle treadmill at least 3 times a week, but mostly I'm trying to stick within my calories based on what MFP and my Fitbit calculations tell me.

I could really use some support and motivation. :/
  • LaurieMick1531
    LaurieMick1531 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi Im Laurie

The short version of my long crazy road is that i checked out after my husband died suddenly and slowly i have been working on a comeback.

So i started to pay attention and well crap i am now 38 (still mind boggling to think that)

I have decided that for 2020 i am going to re-find happy. Part of that is working on becoming physically healthy... One month down (a completed 30day yoga challenge) Eleven more to go on this journey

Best wishes for success and happiness everyone :)
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Hi! I'm Jesi and I'm 30. Back in 2011-2012 I lost 48lbs by using MFP, then I graduated college, life happened and here I sit at 320 (+70lbs).

I've been using MFP religiously again since the new year and always welcome new MFPals to connect with! I'm getting married June 2021 so I have more motivation to drop some lbs!
  • NalaBellyFIT
    NalaBellyFIT Posts: 46 Member
    Hi, everyone! I'm Laura, 35, in Massachusetts. This is my second go around on MFP, the first being three years ago when I dropped 45 pounds. Unfortunately, once the weight was gone, so were my good habits, and here I am again.... only this time with even more to lose!

I started early February and have lost 14 so far, with another 50 to go. I'm loving checking in on the app several times a day and keeping myself accountable by logging all of my food. I am a math teacher, and I very much enjoy the numbers side of the game.

In my spare time I love to cook, be outdoors, decorate, and spend time at home with my boyfriend and our two furbabies. Looking forward to cheering all of you on!
  • Melia987
    Melia987 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi everybody

I’m Melia, 37 and live in New Zealand

I’ve been in Fitness Pal for years but been inactive for a very long time.
    Seems like every year my goal is to loose weight eat healthy and exercise which to be honest I’m not good at any of these always starts of well but fizzles out.

I enjoy cooking & eating spending time with my family, but I really want to be the best me the heathy me so am going to give this another go.

Feel free to friend me (:
  • katrinagreenbank
    katrinagreenbank Posts: 5 Member
    @melia987 your post is literally me! I manage for a week or two then the energy leaves me?! I’m hoping this time will be different. Willing to give it another go , started back up yesterday
  • GetHeroFit
    GetHeroFit Posts: 27 Member
    Hullo all! I'm Erin/Lula, 31, and from the Houston Texas area. I'm married to a wonderful husband with no kids (yet), but work as an infant daycare teacher/caregiver. My husband and I are huge nerds and have both led pretty less than active adulthoods. I'm currently looking to lose around 30-40 lbs and get back to a healthier weight and build a healthier lifestyle (also to get into shape for nerd hobbies).
  • KittyPryde2
    KittyPryde2 Posts: 38 Member
    I'm Rikki! I'm a Ravenclaw, I enjoy mindless scrolling through Tumblr for giggles.

I live in Austin, TX. I'm 33 years old. I'm currently dating a man who I'm pretty sure will be my future husband. I'm a nerd, ready to look like a superhero.