What's on your mind?

Replies

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    It occurs to me that even though I am trying, I am terrible at poetry. Give me the option to write prose and I'm fine, but poetry man? Just no. Unless it's absolute nonsense, I suck at it. :laugh:
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    When someone “Disagrees” with another person’s selfie, there is no doubting that the disagreer is showing they don’t like that person.

I mean, how does one disagree with a selfie?

Imo, mfp missed the mark with this one as well.

Maybe not the person per se, but probably definitely some aspect of that person's appearance. That's why I really despise the disagree option.

All I wanted was a laugh react, man.

i think a laugh reaction on a selfie or earnest, heartfelt post would be far worse. 😬
  • NoHookUpZone
    NoHookUpZone Posts: 1,531 Member
    i want to try this but it’s selling for $18.75 a case on Amazon.
    1gqpae2lyvdk.jpeg

It's yum
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member
    1gqpae2lyvdk.jpeg

That right thar is the diet Dr. Pepper kind of coke.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    1gqpae2lyvdk.jpeg

i don’t mean to contradict but that right thar is the diet CHERRY Dr. Pepper kind of coke. 😊
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member
    1gqpae2lyvdk.jpeg

i don’t mean to contradict but that right thar is the diet CHERRY Dr. Pepper kind of coke. 😊

So it is indeed. The important thing is it's a kind of coke, and now you've acknowledged.😏
  • your_future_ex_wife
    1gqpae2lyvdk.jpeg

So it is indeed. The important thing is it's a kind of coke, and now you've acknowledged.😏

i need to learn before i emigrate
  • Folks ask some really weird things on this site I mean I guess each their own. Being at work drains me but working from home is restorative. Can’t deny the signs
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    1gqpae2lyvdk.jpeg

I’ve had a case if this sitting on my basement for over a year, it tastes like poison.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    1gqpae2lyvdk.jpeg

I’ve had a case if this sitting on my basement for over a year, it tastes like poison.

oh no! i hope i haven’t been misinformed. more research
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    I wish more people posted in the voice thread

More of us would participate if we didn't hate how our voice sounds. :p

I think alot of people hate how their voice sounds. I HATE leaving messages on a answering machine 🤣

No one wants to hear my accent. It makes me cringe.

WRONG!!
    You were the next person I was gonna harass to post in the voice thread...but I feel bad calling people out to do things they don't want to, so I'll passive aggressively harass you here to post instead!
    ...just kidding, hugs...but if you did want to post one day, that'd be cool!

• Vikka_V
    It occurs to me that even though I am trying, I am terrible at poetry. Give me the option to write prose and I'm fine, but poetry man? Just no. Unless it's absolute nonsense, I suck at it. :laugh:

I liked yours...it's all deep and *kitten*
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »

I liked yours...it's all deep and *kitten*

I will continue to bump the thread with dumb poetry, then. Just for you. Until you get sick of it.
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    No clue what is wrong with me but my ears have had weird pains on and off recently and now when I’m chewing my ear drums hurt. Sooo this is what mid thirties looks like now. I’m something always hurts years old.
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    I’ve been having play dates with my son and his friend, since summertime. They’re both on the Autism spectrum and typically do their own thing. Today, for the first time both boys were interacting, jumping together and making eye contact with one another. These are the moments that mean the most to me.💜

That’s awesome A!
  • Vikka_V
    ok I could google, but prefer to ask you people, 'cause you all know my grammar sucks and I like to know if other people wonder too

when writing something in () or "quoties"do you put you punctuation inside the parenthesis/quotation or outside?

and how do you use ' vs " quoties?

• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    ok I could google, but prefer to ask you people, 'cause you all know my grammar sucks and I like to know if other people wonder too

when writing something in () or "quoties"do you put you punctuation inside the parenthesis/quotation or outside?

'Single' vs "phrases"
  • kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    edited September 2019

(outside). That's what we do writing essays for 'uni' or college as American people call it. I'm a lazy writer in msgs though
  • kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    When someone “Disagrees” with another person’s selfie, there is no doubting that the disagreer is showing they don’t like that person.

I mean, how does one disagree with a selfie?

Imo, mfp missed the mark with this one as well.

Maybe not the person per se, but probably definitely some aspect of that person's appearance. That's why I really despise the disagree option.

All I wanted was a laugh react, man.

I hate the disagree more than woo. Looking on posts I see people disagree with peoples feelings, like its wrong for them to feel that way. It's patronising to. I want a laugh react too, I'm writing a letter! Dear Mr MFP...