LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Replies

• LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Lol I don't really mind the cold hands and feet either. I'd much rather be cold than hot. It's still going to suck when it gets colder though. I already got cold feet during the winter before, w/ fasting? Gonna be the first case of frost bite in the south ever! ;) lol
    Seriously though... it's just gonna be an excuse to buy myself some comfy warm socks. I love me some comfy socks.

I wanted to get some Monster for this week while I adjusted to not having my coffee in the morning, but they're sooo expensive. I may buy some if they're on sale, but I'm ok. Even if I am in mombie mode right now, I'll manage. It's not the first time and won't be the last :)

And that's exactly how I am too w/ exercise. It's one reason why I don't like cardio. I don't like getting uncomfortable. I don't like huffing and puffing or sweating. I can kind of get over the uncomfortable part w/ weight training, but yeah.. I just don't like pushing myself physically that way lol. I just need to do it though b/c I too would like to look good/better nekkid ;)

Broke my fast after getting my daughter w/ a coffee.
    I hung in there! It got a bit rough at around 1:30. Probably b/c I knew I was going to break my fast soon. Really happy with myself so far and I'm SO glad that this is turning out to be easier than anticipated. Hopefully it stays that way too.

I think I'm going to try the green tea tomorrow instead of diet soda. Just to try something different. I'm really not a hot tea drinker, but it might be nice w/ the cold hands and feet thing :)
    Alrighty, gotta go start dinner for the fam!
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    You are doing amazing! Keep up the good work! :) I have cold hands and feet and my Doctor said its due to my underactive thyroid...so, am not sure if its because of that or because I am on OMAD...lol. As for green tea, I drink 1 pot per day as its good healing agent for my body. Keep it up, my dear! You are doing awesome! :)
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    You are doing great!!! I love sparking water too as an alternative to soda. With my increased water intake I may drink one diet soda or zero free energy drink a day not the several that I would used to drink!!

Stay strong and OMAD on :)
  • LiLee2018
    Thanks yall!
    I've been kinda avoiding drinking more water. Our city water is tasting funky right now. Like straight dirt. Supposed to not be harmful, buuuut, I'm only drinking it when I take my medications or w/ cooking and that's been it. Should probably go buy bottled water, but meh. I've been fine.

Dinner last night was most of my leftover kimchi stew w/ added mackerel and also about 8 chicken wings and 1 apple w/ a sour cream dip (sour cream, monk fruit, vanilla)

I think it's going to be a bigger struggle today.
    I slept horribly again and right now... food sounds good. I'm a tiny little bit hungry, so I know it's just mental.
    Staying strong though!!
  • volgirl1322
    I always find with my sleep sucks that i am hungrier not sure what the reason but it happens to me as well!!! Stay strong!!! You are doing great!!
  • LiLee2018
    Had my coffee at 3:30 and yum. Although it's still hot as turds here, but oh well. It was still yummy and I've been looking forward to it all day. Just thinking about doing that when it gets cold.... I can't wait!!

Dinner is some slow cooked pork shoulder. It's still cooking in the oven and smells terrific. Will probably be eating it burrito style in low carb tortilla shells. Yum yum.

Today went surprisingly well. This time around, my "I want to eat!" times seem to be early morning and around 1:30 and even then it has been pretty easy to get over them. THANK GOODNESS! lol

Lordy I'm so glad that it has been easier than I thought it would be.

Really excited to see what my weight is this Friday. I did weigh myself this morning and it was down a little bit. Getting back on track again feels good :)
  • jadepearl
    You are doing great! Keep up the good work! :) Cheering you on for your weigh-in on Friday! You've got this, girl <3
  • volgirl1322
    That is awesome!!!! I love getting back on track and how easy it it.

Girl I hear you on the weather, in TN we are topping 98 today with heat indexes over 100 I am over it!!!!!! I need fall!!!

• LiLee2018
    Yeeees... bring on the fall. Like.. REAL fall. Not a week of cool weather and then it gets hot again :\

I can already tell that I've dropped weight... or bloat or whatever. My ring is starting to get loose again. I'm having to wear my wedding ring on my middle finger and it was starting to get too snug. I'd have to wiggle it to get it off.
    So yay for some progress at least! :)

Now if this belly and double chin would start going away already lol.

Dinner last night was 2 pork burritos (low carb tortilla, slow cooked pork shoulder, lettuce, cheese, hot sauce, sour cream) 2 low carb raspberry yogurts, 1 apple, extra helping of pork, lettuce, hot sauce

Tonight is going to be leftovers. Have lots of pork left and some stew left too. It's gonna be goooooooood
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Sounds like you're easing back in quite nicely!!! I love it!!!

For water, if it tastes odd (I live in MI so our city water isn't great to begin with LMAO) I just make crystal light! Can't even tell the water tastes city-fied LMAO

It's been beautiful here! Mid 60s-mid 70s - yesterday it stormed all day but I was at home not feeling well, so I didn't mind AT ALL - I find storms comforting <3
  • LiLee2018
    I hope you're feeling better!
    Rainy overcast days are nice.... if you don't really have to go out in it lol. Snuggle up and just listen to the rain.

Today went pretty good. Struggled a little bit more than the previous days. Just got that wanting to eat feeling a little more frequently today, but that's all it was.. just a want to eat. Not real hunger. Still the habit of eating nagging at me.
    Ah well. It's been easy so far to ignore it and get through it :)

Dinner was leftovers. Kimchi stew, pork w/ hot sauce and lots of yogurt after. Think I might eat an apple too. Oh and I broke fast w/ a coffee at 3:30 :)

Feeling good!

I'll weigh in first thing tomorrow morning and then again before I break my fast probably. FX for some good results :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    Sending you good vibes for your weigh in!!!

The mental adjustment is the hardest part for me too - especially if I'm out of the habit of fasting - you've got this babe! Let us know how it goes!
  • jadepearl
    Sending you good vibes for your weigh-in <3 You are doing awesome, keep up the good work :)
  • volgirl1322
    Hoping you have a fantastic weigh-in!!!! <3
  • LiLee2018
    178.2 this morning and about 2hrs before as well. MIGHT weigh again after my coffee and it does its thing :P lol We'll see
    That's what I was a month ago. I'll take it!
    So long as it keeps going down from now on :)

Struggling a bit this morning. Just really wanting to eat even though I'm not hungry.
    Staying strong though. Only a few more hours to go and then I can have a coffee, eat, whatever :)

Sleep has been a little better the last 2 nights. Still feels like I need more though. Hoping to sleep in at least a little bit tomorrow. Even just 30 more minutes would be nice.

I did also have an apple last night :)

Tonight's dinner. I dunno. Might fix some chicken wings and eat leftover pork too... and eat whatever else.
    I'm just looking forward to it!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Nice babe! Everyone is rockin' and rollin' right now! Makes me happy <3
  • volgirl1322
    That is super awesome!!!!! :p
  • LiLee2018
    Did not weigh after coffee poops b/c I ate w/ my coffee. I usually have my coffee then wait to eat at dinner, but I wanted FOOD! lol
    So I had a few (like 6) slices of canadian bacon & a lot of cauliflower kimchi oh and some marinated chicken thighs... OH and an apple
    THEN for dinner I had chicken wings (8? I think.. kids stole a couple of them), low carb peach yogurt, and another apple

So basically 2 meals in my window, but meh. I'm not worried about it.
  • jadepearl
    Congrats on your weight loss! :+1: You will see 160 land soon :) Doesn't matter if its 2 meals or 1 as long as you are loosing weight. Have a wonderful weekend <3
  • LiLee2018
    Urges to eat were high today. Grocery shopping while fasting sucks lol. Everything sounded good.
    For dinner I made meatballs in tomato sauce.
    Meatballs were a mix of Italian sausage and ground beef with a mozzarella ball in the middle.
    Cooked them in a tomato sauce
    Sauce was 2 cans of diced tomato, tomato paste, oregano, salt, pepper, garlic, 3 green bell peppers and 1 yellow onion
    Simmered on low for an hour. I added hot sauce to mine. Sooooo good.

I also fixed some keto chocolate chip cookies.
    85% dark chocolate chopped up, almond flour, brown sugar substitute, vanilla, 1 egg, butter, baking powder, xantham gum, macadamia nut pieces
    Think that's it
    Not a regular cookie texture but still tasted good.
    Maybe if overcooked slightly, you could use it as a granola for yogurt or something. That would probably be really good.
    It satisfied my sweet tooth

Oh and broke my fast with a coffee at 3. All in all, not a terrible day. Some struggle, but got through it 🙂