The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• ExileFromTheNorth
    ExileFromTheNorth Posts: 3,038 Member
    happy tuesday everyone
  • SugaSugaNooo
    SugaSugaNooo Posts: 106 Member
    You will probably not cross paths at the gym. My wife and I use the same gyms and if we are there at the same time I am on weights and cardio equipment, she is doing classes.

That's exactly what happened last night!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    It's Tuesday!!!! It's a short week for us cause we're taking off Thursday night to go to a relative's wedding on Friday....Friday the 13th!!! at 11am is the wedding! Weird day and time but whatever works so we're halfway through the week already woo hoo
  • RockingRican
    RockingRican Posts: 217 Member
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    jl3abzc0ra0h.jpeg

Had a great weekend.. ATM around the corner... training mode.

Wow nice one.
    What ATM?

If you make me cupcakes, I'll tell you. Ha! It's the Army Ten Miler.

Great job RockingRican!

Thank you IslandGal3.
  • RockingRican
    RockingRican Posts: 217 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    jl3abzc0ra0h.jpeg

Had a great weekend.. ATM around the corner... training mode.

Wow nice one.
    What ATM?

Thank you AliNouveau.. Yep Army Ten Miler in DC in about a month.
  • SugaSugaNooo
    HHD everyone! Have a good one today :)
  • suemark4575
    suemark4575 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi - I turned 50 last October and decided it's now or never to get fit and healthy before old age creeps up on me ;) just started cycling again and doing Les Mills Body Combat & Body Pump - life is tough but you have to find time for yourself because there is only you in charge of your life ! Feel free to add me ....
  • critter2009
    critter2009 Posts: 7 Member
    Has anyone tried fasting? My yo-yo eating is getting the best of me lately. Have read list of studies on it but looking for people who have tried is also. :-)
  • kristenmary70
    kristenmary70 Posts: 55 Member
    Has anyone tried fasting? My yo-yo eating is getting the best of me lately. Have read list of studies on it but looking for people who have tried is also. :-)

@critter2009 I have been doing intermittent fasting for a few weeks. No eating between 7pm and 7am Saturday - Thursday (I get home late from work on Friday, so I eat dinner around 7:00). It is nice to wake up with a flat tummy, no bloating. And I fall asleep easier, I assume because I am not digesting food. I don't know if that is the answer you were looking for, but it's the best I have!
  • kristenmary70
    kristenmary70 Posts: 55 Member
    Hi, all! I am "pushing 50" and trying to maintain the health that I found a few years ago. I have lost and found the same 50lbs three times, but REFUSE to find it again!!! I feel better now than I did in my early 40s and trying to follow the advice of folks who didn't take care of themselves and are struggling later in life. I am Kristen from Pittsburgh and looking for "friends" to be accountability partners - so many come and go on this app (including me a few years ago) and I have learned that you really do need a community of like-minded individuals to make this trip worthwhile!
  • AliNouveau
    Hey middle agers what's happening?
    So I have just over a month until my surgery and I've decided to pack in all the skating I can. The old shoulder is not super happy but after tomorrow it gets a 4 or 5 day rest. Tomorrow evening we fly out for 2 days in Alberta for a family wedding. I hope I survive. This family enjoys their rum and I always think I can keep up with the drinkers. I'm too competitive sometimes
  • SugaSugaNooo
    Moooorning, Happy Friday's Eve all!

Ooo sounds like you have a nice weekend ahead of you @AliNouveau , I love weddings! Don't like rum though, so that wouldn't bother me. Throw me some prosecco or rosé though...

Welcome @kristenmary70 !

@critter2009 I'm doing a loose version of IF, where I don't eat between 7pm and 11am. Not sure if the actual IF does anything to tell you the truth, but less eating hours means less shoveling food into my gob, which helps me keep control a bit better. But as said, very loosely, times aren't set in stone.
  • pilotress
    pilotress Posts: 3 Member

I'm curious about it, too! Thinking of doing intermittent fasting but I've read a lot of good things about slightly more disciplined fasts from people who have lost a lot of weight in some of the weight loss subreddits. Apparently there are healthy ways of doing it.

Everyone swears by IF these days so I'll probably give that a try, though that's prob not what you meant?
  • pilotress
    pilotress Posts: 3 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm 42 and starting my weight loss journey (again) after a long time of letting myself go. Want to be back to the point of running regularly, fitting into clothes that aren't plus-sized, able to go a few hours without bingeing on sugar and carbs, etc. Good luck and feel free to add me. I've used MFP a lot in the past but never used the social/community features really so I'm hoping to change that this go-around. Cheers
  • MellOnTheMove
    MellOnTheMove Posts: 63 Member
    Happy Thursday all..up entirely too early. But, early enough for a cup o' joe before hitting the gym
  • Truvanessa
    Truvanessa Posts: 327 Member
    Happy Thursday everyone!
  • AliNouveau
    Moooorning, Happy Friday's Eve all!

Ooo sounds like you have a nice weekend ahead of you @AliNouveau , I love weddings! Don't like rum though, so that wouldn't bother me. Throw me some prosecco or rosé though...

Welcome @kristenmary70 !

@critter2009 I'm doing a loose version of IF, where I don't eat between 7pm and 11am. Not sure if the actual IF does anything to tell you the truth, but less eating hours means less shoveling food into my gob, which helps me keep control a bit better. But as said, very loosely, times aren't set in stone.

Hey thanks.
    Just need to pack of course no one was any help yesterday so they get whatever I decide they might want to wear.

Happy Thursday everyone
  • Simpleman_67
    Simpleman_67 Posts: 81 Member
    Thursday, feels like my 4th Monday this week. 🙄
    Need the right music to get this week over with.

Been creeping here.
    Hi everyone..