What's on your mind?

Replies

• kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    I'm actually thinking about Danny frawley passing away and it's sad :'( Afl just won't be the same
  • kq1981
    Having a proud Mommy moment.

My daughter texted me saying she needed to talk/text. So she started telling me that she was going to break up with her boyfriend because they had been dating awhile and she just wasn't feeling it, and didn't want to lead him on. She's 24, and I'm really proud she was mature of enough to come to that conclusion especially since I know she's a little needy so her taking a step from someone giving her that attention is a big deal.
    It's also a big deal that she even came to me in the first place. She's closer to her step mom than she is with me, and I'm ok with that. As long as she has someone she can confide in like that, I'm ok with sharing mom duties.

But she came to me, and that was huge.

That's great!!!! I'm a single mum to two teens and they tell me everything and I love that.
  • mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member
    Starting a family has really been on my mind for a few years now and I kind of feel panicked. Nothing is in order still and I'm 30. The biological clock is so loud. I really wanted to be a wife and a mother but life didn't turn out that way. I guess I still have time but time seems to move so fast.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    About 30% of the time my morning coffee gives me acid reflux.
    I recently bought a bag of Colombian Dark Roast Low Acid Coffee.
    The first sip was very smooth,
    problem was it tasted nothing like coffee.
    I can’t explain what it tasted like but it wasn’t tea and it wasn’t coffee.

Anyone know of a decent low acid coffee?
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    ok I could google, but prefer to ask you people, 'cause you all know my grammar sucks and I like to know if other people wonder too

when writing something in () or "quoties"do you put you punctuation inside the parenthesis/quotation or outside?

and how do you use ' vs " quoties?

If it’s a complete sentence the punctuation goes inside the parentheses. Quotation mark rules change depending on which country you’re in.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    ok I could google, but prefer to ask you people, 'cause you all know my grammar sucks and I like to know if other people wonder too

when writing something in () or "quoties"do you put you punctuation inside the parenthesis/quotation or outside?

If it’s a complete sentence the punctuation goes inside the parentheses. Quotation mark rules change depending on which country you’re in.

I learn something every day from you, I just can't decipher truth from humor. 😂😘

I don’t joke about punctuation. ❤️
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    About 30% of the time my morning coffee gives me acid reflux.
    I recently bought a bag of Colombian Dark Roast Low Acid Coffee.
    The first sip was very smooth,
    problem was it tasted nothing like coffee.
    I can’t explain what it tasted like but it wasn’t tea and it wasn’t coffee.

Anyone know of a decent low acid coffee?

Have you tried cold brew?
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member

Cool, how about exclamation marks, inside or outside? Is it the same, if the sentence is done for all punctuation?

I find myself using " for like an actual quote and ' to draw attention to something, or for a quote within a quote.
  • kq1981
    I'm actually thinking about biscuits and gravy. What are they and are they good?
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    kq1981 wrote: »
    I'm actually thinking about biscuits and gravy. What are they and are they good?

Gasps!

Never had biscuits and gravy 🤭

Please try it, now I want some.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    i want to try this but it’s selling for $18.75 a case on Amazon.
    1gqpae2lyvdk.jpeg

It tastes like liquid cake, but that's expensive. Don't trust Amazon prices they have those weird marketers that upsell everything, sometimes. I remember looking for a $5 power cord once and someone was trying to sell one for $100. Smh.
  • kq1981

Gasps!

Never had biscuits and gravy 🤭

Please try it, now I want some.

Well, in Australia our biscuits are American cookies, and gravy goes on roasts lol I need to try American gravy and biscuits. I'll find a recipe and try
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member

Sorry didn’t even respond..

1g6sk6vshjqy.jpeg

Biscuits, topped with pork sausage in white gravy sauce
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    mtndewme wrote: »
    Starting a family has really been on my mind for a few years now and I kind of feel panicked. Nothing is in order still and I'm 30. The biological clock is so loud. I really wanted to be a wife and a mother but life didn't turn out that way. I guess I still have time but time seems to move so fast.

I hear 35 is the new 25. Also that reminds me of this:

m8uouxrxlchh.gif

According to movies she's an Aunt now for spiderman so everything works out.
  • kq1981

1g6sk6vshjqy.jpeg

Looks like my kind of food. While I'm at it, I'll give waffles a go for breakfast too.
  • kq1981

1g6sk6vshjqy.jpeg

Southern breakfast 😌😍

So it's a breakfast food? I'll try the waffles for lunch 😊