Can we be Keto friends ?

Hey I’ve just started Keto and am loving it. Maybe you want some inspiration ( I know I do!!) so feel free to add me as a friend or I can add you.

Replies

• joeyrichter431
    joeyrichter431 Posts: 1 Member
    I started Keto on Monday! How are you getting on?
  • kate22102017
    kate22102017 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi I’ve started last week and had my first weigh in yesterday and I’ve lost 5.5 pound!
    How are you finding it?
    I had a few grumpy days last week, withdrawal from the sugars I’m assuming
  • cyan2212
    cyan2212 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm weaning myself in as of this past weekend - feel free to add me!
  • mammacoty
    mammacoty Posts: 45 Member
    I've been doing keto since March, down 40 pounds so far.....not doing my best, but always trying to be better. I'd love some new Keto friends!
  • squirley13
    squirley13 Posts: 112 Member
    Yay 😀A group of Keto people! So many bash it but won’t try it. I was told almost 2 years ago by my doctor to do it and was so skeptical and scared 😦 but I’ve been doing it since January and down 79 pounds! I have been bad the last 2 weeks and need lots of emotional support. I only gained 2 pounds back but some little old men at the gym noticed so I’m shocked 😱 back into routine by their rude comments. It is a great lifestyle but is hard to do in a rush for days on end with working more than sleeping or eating. The change of season is good and being mindful of food and feelings is important!
  • lionessNV
    lionessNV Posts: 136 Member
    Overall, I’ve been doing fairly well on Keto. End of last week I found stuff in my freezer from before I started the diet so I’m eating it up this week (bagels, reduced fat Lays, etc). I would rather eat the stuff I have than throw it out.
    I’m still following my dietdoctor.com meal plan. I’m starting to incorporate new dishes into the ones I already like. I’ve gotten into the habit of cooking two portions and taking half of it with me for lunch the next day.
    I haven’t been on MFP much lately, but I’m looking for accountability buddies as I just lost the one I checked in with from a FB group.
  • binkybaby2015
    binkybaby2015 Posts: 12 Member
    I've been on keto for 11 days, in ketosis for 7. Been keeping my carbs to under 20g, had 27g yesterday will that cause a problem do we think?
  • Lia579
    Lia579 Posts: 2 Member
    I’ve been doing lazy keto for a week now and already down 10lbs! It helps that I’m breastfeeding though so my body naturally wants to lose weight. It’s just falling off and although I’m doing lazy keto I’m still staying under 19g carbs a day somehow
  • souchie
    souchie Posts: 18 Member
    I’m toying with the idea, but don’t know how to start. How is everyone managing this?
  • Ms_GiveAHoot
    Ms_GiveAHoot Posts: 13 Member
    Hi Keto peeps! I am down about 8lbs in a month after starting keto (losely). I have been fasting in the morning since I just don’t have the appetite to eat breakfast anymore. It’s amazing how I can skip breakfast now when just before lowering carbs i would ALWAYS stop for fast food breakfast before work. I am looking for friends who i can chat Keto because none of my friends understand! Lol.
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    edited September 2019
    Hi everyone! I started on Keto just under two years ago and quickly lost about 45 lbs. Loved it but I eventually moved into a less strict low carb diet which I enjoy more. Was able to lose another 10 and reach my goal weight of 143 a few months ago. Was able to maintain my loss for a few months without counting calories. I'm currently on my new goal of losing another 10 lbs. So although I'm not strict keto, please feel free to add me because I've done a lot of self experimenting as far as carbs go and one thing I've learned is that the keto/low carb diet has a long learning curve. You really do learn as you go. I've chosen to do low carb over keto because I learned that my body is able to handle more carbs than strict keto allows for while staying in ketosis, or at least remaining fat adapted. Even if I have a high carb meal, or days, it's not a problem for me to bounce back into ketosis.
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    edited September 2019
    lionessNV wrote: »
    Overall, I’ve been doing fairly well on Keto. End of last week I found stuff in my freezer from before I started the diet so I’m eating it up this week (bagels, reduced fat Lays, etc). I would rather eat the stuff I have than throw it out.
    I’m still following my dietdoctor.com meal plan. I’m starting to incorporate new dishes into the ones I already like. I’ve gotten into the habit of cooking two portions and taking half of it with me for lunch the next day.
    I haven’t been on MFP much lately, but I’m looking for accountability buddies as I just lost the one I checked in with from a FB group.

I would eat it too over throwing it away! Ok, my kids would eat it for me, but I hate waste! Enjoy your last bites! You can do it! Sounds like you have a great plan set up.
  • SweetBri10
    SweetBri10 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! Just started low cal/lazy keto roughly 10 days ago and down 5 lbs. I'm the only one in my house doing this, so I'm surrounded by off limit foods non stop. With 4 kids, I'm making dinners for them and modifying it for me, or just making something different. Would love some other friends who are also going through this as well....sharing recipes and such. Feel free to friend me, if you'd like!
  • melinalosada
    melinalosada Posts: 9 Member
    Hi! Who speak spanish? I am Melina From Argentina. My doctors send me a diet whit most carbohidratos. I want down this but have rutins of excersive intensive and i dont know how many carbohidratos eat!
    Thanks!!
  • Ms_GiveAHoot
    Ms_GiveAHoot Posts: 13 Member
    Hey! Great job so far!! I just wanted to recommend the Southern Keto book. All the recipes are delicious thar your kids would love to eat too! For example, there is a recipe for drop biscuits with sausage gravy. I felt like i was eating normal biscuits and gravy!
    SweetBri10 wrote: »
    Hi! Just started low cal/lazy keto roughly 10 days ago and down 5 lbs. I'm the only one in my house doing this, so I'm surrounded by off limit foods non stop. With 4 kids, I'm making dinners for them and modifying it for me, or just making something different. Would love some other friends who are also going through this as well....sharing recipes and such. Feel free to friend me, if you'd like!

• melinalosada
    melinalosada Posts: 9 Member
    edited September 2019
    Thanks! Two days ago started lowcarbs and today I feel with energy down and some sleep. Its normaly?
  • squirley13
    Thanks! Two days ago started lowcarbs and today I feel with energy down and some sleep. Its normaly?

Yes Especially if you are dehydrated and not getting enough electrolytes. Your body is changing from burning blood sugar to body fat and the transition can be difficult for some people. Watch some YouTube videos to help educate yourself. I read you speak Spanish but I’m not sure if they have CC in Spanish. Dr. Berg, Thomas DeLauer, Dr. Boz, Mindblowing Health and Wellness with Violet, Fledge Fitness, Siim Land... These are just some of my favorites. Does anyone else have their favorite Keto YouTube educators?
  • squirley13
    souchie wrote: »
    I’m toying with the idea, but don’t know how to start. How is everyone managing this?

I would actually give you the same advice I just gave Melinalosada with learning about Keto because even though my doctor told me to do it I had no advice except “Google it”. Even when I was diagnosed with another autoimmune issue from another doctor he also said to “Google it”. YouTube has helped me to much! Here is a great website as well that LionessNV gave credit to and they also have an YouTube channel DietDoctor https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    YAY keto people!!!
    I'v been keto for over a year. At my most, I was down 60lbs, but I gained some back during my child's summer vacation (a lot of vacation cheats) and gained back about 16lbs.
    Back to good ole ketoing again though and looking forward to losing another 60 and reaching my goal!

Please feel free to add me as a friend. I blog A LOT here. It's nothing fantastic, but if you're bored and want to read incoherent ramblings, then I'm your gal! ;)