I just wanted to quit today...

Nothing major happened today (day 26 of logging everything and trying to stay under 1500 calories). It was just a normal busy workday with ups and downs. But something in me snapped. That old voice that has followed me most of my life said”why are you doing this anyway? You have barely Lost any weight! You know you will go back to eating whatever you want. You’ll never succeed at this. You always slowly but surely will eat that one dessert, then another, then the treats in the break room, etc. “. That voice that predicts failure is back. The good news is that I didn’t listen. I stayed under 1600 calories, still more than I wanted, but no where near what I could have done. I walked for 43 minutes with my dear friend even though we both felt exhausted after work. I’m sharing because I think I’m not the only one with the voice that speaks hopelessness and failure. So I will claim a victory over that negative voice today. Thanks for reading....

Replies

• montyeva1114
    montyeva1114 Posts: 78 Member
    I’m going to check that podcast out!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    I've yo yo'd my whole life it seems. I've quit more times than I've started over the years.

For the first time, I don't get those "why" moments on mfp. I think perhaps I've found the common sense approach that works for me.

I'm so proud of you for getting a hold of yourself, reining those doubts in and taking charge. Well done!

• joone_9
    joone_9 Posts: 152 Member
    I struggle with those thoughts too..almost on a daily basis so you are definitely not alone! Venting here is great so keep doing that as I find people are so supportive here. I’m seriously just doing everything in my power to be more stubborn than that voice..because I know from experience if I just stick with it eventually I will get there and that’s better than doing the opposite and remaining unhappy. As people say..time will pass either way! Hang in there!
  • montyeva1114
    montyeva1114 Posts: 78 Member
    Thank you all for the encouragement. Today feels different!!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    That voice talks to me a lot. That voice is the voice of The Blerch: https://theoatmeal.com/comics/running

You can shut it up. You can run away from it. You can beat it.

We all can.
  • Thank you for sharing. I had a simialr feeling earlier today..... I just have to keep in mind the thought/feeling will pass. Just like all other emotions. I look at it as riding out a storm. I want to be proud of how I handled it after the storm passes. It helps keep me in check!
  • ThatJuJitsuWoman
    ThatJuJitsuWoman Posts: 155 Member
    Well done to those of you who manage to talk yourselves out of the unhealthy choices. I need to do this a lot more!