The High Maintenance thread

caco_ethes
caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
Hear me out! Everyone has SOMETHING they’re high maintenance about. You can be the most laidback mofo in the history of ever but something gets you in a twist. What’s your thing?

Replies

• caco_ethes
    I don’t want a loose hair anywhere near me. I have longish hair so it drives me nuts when I realize I’ve had a misc hair hanging off my shoulder blade all day, totally wrecking my cute messy ponytail
  • denny_mac
    denny_mac Posts: 71 Member
    I'm very laid back, BUT, I know how many glasses and pieces of silverware there ought to be in the cupboards and drawer, and if any are missing I have to find out where they are and account for them all.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    I only (really) like drinking wine out of thin glass glasses. I actually don't love thick glasses or mugs either.
  • caco_ethes
    denny_mac wrote: »
    I'm very laid back, BUT, I know how many glasses and pieces of silverware there ought to be in the cupboards and drawer, and if any are missing I have to find out where they are and account for them all.

Don’t leave us again 🤓
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I camp a lot, I do things that are dirty a lot, and I sorta pride myself on being able to "go without" things when necessary

...but my whole day topples if I can't brush my teeth first-thing in the morning
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Also only the best toilette paper and really I’m not all that pleased with it.
  • Vikka_V
    White towels please...if I have to use a coloured one, I'm counting down 'till I can shower again, and use a white towel.
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    mmultanen wrote: »
    Coffee.

I know when you've burned your beans (Starbucks) I know when you've misground the bean for the type of espresso you're pulling (DutchBrothers). I know when you've got an improper water to grounds ratio (Dunkin) and I HATE it when you add junk to it that shouldn't be in coffee. (ALL OF YOU)

But just to be clear, crappy coffee is better than no coffee so I'll still drink all of it. BUT I'M JUDGING YOU IN MY HEAD.

This was my dad. I'm not much of a coffee drinker now, but growing up with him, he taught me how to make it right. I think you and my dad would have gotten along quite well, at least when discussing coffee.
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    mmultanen wrote: »
    Coffee.

I know when you've burned your beans (Starbucks) I know when you've misground the bean for the type of espresso you're pulling (DutchBrothers). I know when you've got an improper water to grounds ratio (Dunkin) and I HATE it when you add junk to it that shouldn't be in coffee. (ALL OF YOU)

But just to be clear, crappy coffee is better than no coffee so I'll still drink all of it. BUT I'M JUDGING YOU IN MY HEAD.

All of this, yes.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Dear Panera, I don't understand why your standard of preperation is to just lob the components of a sandwhich onto bread. Please unfold the sliced meats, drain the lettuce, spread the condiments evenly across the bread instead of a splat in the middle. Come on... you know you wouldn't make your own sandwhich that way. Take some pride in what you do.

I do not have an appreciation for having to remake my foods into a presentable food item.

• Vikka_V
    You do not want to go to a restaurant with me. I'm "that guy" who always orders off the menu
  • GymGoddessGoals
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    You do not want to go to a restaurant with me. I'm "that guy" who always orders off the menu

Guilty as well.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    Also anything that is "can make it work" or "it will work until you find something better" ... I don't want it. It's either exactly what I need or want, or bust.
  • denny_mac
    denny_mac Posts: 71 Member
    I'm very laid back 99% of the time. I am high maintenance with my personal freedom, choices and space. I can't stand when someone tries to encroach on it. If they keep doing it they see another side to me. Not a nasty side but I will shut them out while still being cordial because I don't see why I should let someone else make me lose the plot either or get involved in a dialogue that I don't want to waste energy on. I should add that I very much respect other people's personal space, time etc so I don't want it done to me.

Other high maintenance side, if someone pokes or prods me, I will scream. I am mainly talking about my bf who thinks it's funny to 'set me off' by either hair pulling or a quick poke. Not sexual. Just extremely annoying.

It's as if you posted my exact thoughts about this. 100% agree.