What's on your mind?

Replies

• mtndewme wrote: »
    Starting a family has really been on my mind for a few years now and I kind of feel panicked. Nothing is in order still and I'm 30. The biological clock is so loud. I really wanted to be a wife and a mother but life didn't turn out that way. I guess I still have time but time seems to move so...

@mtndewme your still young at 30 and depending on the type of relationship you seeking you can have that dream.

For me being deeper in my 30’s and having a certain type of relationship desired timing is everything. Make sure you are crystal clear on your desires.
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    staring at my coffee afraid to drink it

...what's inside it that has you questioning it?

Before you answer, my guess is "a tentacle"

i figure it’s the fury of the gods but now also afraid a tentacle

"The Fury of the Tentacle Gods" sounds like the title of a prog-metal album
  • Reckoner68
    witches are cool 🧙‍♂️

My ex bf called me a witch

I've tried writing some stories about/involving witches, not all of them come out good. But I keep trying. Because you miss 100% of the shots you don't take! I think Abraham Lincoln said that.
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    cee134 wrote: »
    It's harder then you think to get a selfie with a cat tail mustache sometimes.

If I wasn't severely allergic to my cat, I'd go and take on this challenge but I don't feel like suffering today.
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member
    It's been 3-4 years since I ran a smoker and I just bought a new one. I'm stoked, but disappointed I won't have it before the weekend.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Starbucks has a "happy hour" today!!
    This is exactly what I needed to hear as I head into the third hour of a ~12.5 hour work day!
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    @vikka_v

all of the following sentences are correct. I’m sorry I’m having trouble explaining. I sometimes think I do language by feel. One thing about parentheses I find interesting is that they are rarely necessary. Anything you want to say with them can be said without them.

This is a long (exciting!) day.

(This is a long, exciting day!)

This day is long (and exciting)!

Unfortunately quotation marks still give me fits. I look it up anytime I’m writing formally. For emphasis I usually use bold or CAPS.

Thank you for letting me talk about something that interests me. 😁

• Reckoner68
    @vikka_v

all of the following sentences are correct. I’m sorry I’m having trouble explaining. I sometimes think I do language by feel. One thing about parentheses I find interesting is that they are rarely necessary. Anything you want to say with them can be said without them.

Unfortunately quotation marks still give me fits. I look it up anytime I’m writing formally. For emphasis I usually use bold or CAPS.

I use interrobangs to make everybody uncomfortable

They work, right?!?!?
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    @vikka_v

Thank-you for explaining...I get "stuck" on things sometimes and need to know, even if I then just do whatever I want!
  • your_future_ex_wife
    edited September 2019
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    @vikka_v

I use interrobangs to make everybody uncomfortable

They work, right?!?!?

That’s another thing.

When I was in grammar school I was taught that an exclamatory question gets an exclamation point and the reader must infer from the context that the sentence is a question. It just doesn’t feel right to me, though.

So yes, interrobangs - which I totally just had to google.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    @vikka_v

Thank-you for explaining...I get "stuck" on things sometimes and need to know, even if I then just do whatever I want!

Understanding the rules and breaking them intentionally is 🤗❤️
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    I need to find a really cool witch costume for our annual witches on the river event.

Nice! When I think witch, I conjure images of Morgaine le fay or Maleficent . Only, it would be difficult to stand on a paddleboard and actually paddle with their costumes down a river.

Have fun picking out your costume.

• ArmyVeteranM1A1C
    ArmyVeteranM1A1C Posts: 1,045 Member
    3ebk14h2gdjg.gif
  • terrordawg
    terrordawg Posts: 19,462 Member
    3ebk14h2gdjg.gif

🤤
  • liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Umm bacon
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    just heartwarming
    https://youtu.be/wdf2tqSy2zc
  • your_future_ex_wife
    iMago wrote: »

That’s brilliant
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    I would like to start this year over again thankyouplease
  • _Miss_Chievous
    _Miss_Chievous Posts: 601 Member
    It's been 3-4 years since I ran a smoker and I just bought a new one. I'm stoked, but disappointed I won't have it before the weekend.

Will be waiting for my invite 😋
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member

So what’s the first smoke gone be?? Pork shoulder ? Brisket? Bacon bomb ? Ribs ?? Also did you know @CoffeeAndContour is fellow smoker as well