I miss...

Replies

• bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    My dad.....having him always give me strength when I was feeling unsure or just needed it... Plus his hugs and cooking were.legendary❤😋

I miss driving my bike on road trips with my friends...always a blast!

I miss when the wizard of Oz would come in when I was kid and my mom made a big deal out of it with blankets and pillows on the living room floor, homemade caramel corn and her peach ice tea.....she would light candles and other cool things if it were a weekend we each could have a friend sleep over to watch.....sounds so simple but it was so special and it makes me sort of sad that with all the advancements and achievements our technology has brought us....there are just some things that lost their sparkle ya know?!

Ugh nostalgic much?😏🙈lol.

I like this :)
  • Pandemonium_
    Pandemonium_ Posts: 945 Member
    Buddy Lee. I miss that little guy
    https://youtu.be/aHS4rgMtDTY
  • USAFProud
    USAFProud Posts: 1,293 Member
    Honest good men!!!
  • Alzzi_2
    Alzzi_2 Posts: 2,149 Member
    FormerAF wrote: »
    Honest good men!!!

👍
  • Alzzi_2
    Alzzi_2 Posts: 2,149 Member
    FormerAF wrote: »
    Honest good men!!!

I was just thinking.. us women need to be good and honest too to get such..
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    ... not having to worry about the stuff I eat. Or having to worry about being able to find cute clothes in my size(s).

Also.. free time. I miss free time to be creative.
  • NoHookUpZone
    NoHookUpZone Posts: 1,531 Member
    2nd generation MLP
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    I miss having that new to MFP optimism and how "meeting" all the new friends was exciting. Forums were more fun back then and it was easier for me to make connections. That was 5 or 6 years ago. So many of those people are gone now. I don't even know most on here anymore.
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    All the members of my family deceased in my lifetime, the closest to me being my parents and my younger brother 😥
    Another poster talked about missing family holiday get togethers. When my dad died in 2007, all that ended. It now takes a 2nd or 3rd generation wedding for that to possibly happen. The last time it did was 2016.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    I miss having that new to MFP optimism and how "meeting" all the new friends was exciting. Forums were more fun back then and it was easier for me to make connections. That was 5 or 6 years ago. So many of those people are gone now. I don't even know most on here anymore.

yx9zf5fittcu.gif
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    I miss being genuinely happy. I don't remember when was the last time I felt wholeheartedly HAPPY!

This makes me so sad. I just wanna hug yer neck forever!
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    I miss waking up and having no worries in the world. Not worrying if I'll be here for my kids birthdays, for Christmas, for when they get married... all the important things in their life. As much as I try to be positive, sometimes my head plays tricks on me and I'm just scared.

I don’t know you,
    we’re not friends,
    but I think of you all the time.
    I send my most positive vibes and prayers.
    ❤️
  • _Miss_Chievous
    _Miss_Chievous Posts: 601 Member
    I miss waking up and having no worries in the world. Not worrying if I'll be here for my kids birthdays, for Christmas, for when they get married... all the important things in their life. As much as I try to be positive, sometimes my head plays tricks on me and I'm just scared.

I don’t know you,
    we’re not friends,
    but I think of you all the time.
    I send my most positive vibes and prayers.
    ❤️

Thank you ❤❤❤
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member

Damn.....there is nothing in my world that i could ever miss more than that. Being scared and still fighting makes you courageous. You got this!
  • helow88
    helow88 Posts: 74 Member
    I honestly miss being a kid on Halloween. Every year, when I see all the decorations on display, I think back to all the fun I had those many years ago with friends. It was my favorite time of the year. It brings back a feeling of nostalgia every time.