People who don’t get fitness

Options
Eaturmeat
Eaturmeat Posts: 107 Member
What do your friends or partners who hate fitness have to say about your lifestyle. We all encourage each other here but how has someone responded negatively?

Replies

• _Miss_Chievous
    _Miss_Chievous Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is a little on the fluffy side (I like him like that) and he brings me snacks all the time. I like snacks. No regrets 😋
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I was training for a marathon and had a long run scheduled

there was a raging blizzard outside

my thought: "It's still there....." *shrug

go I threw on a layer of Goretex and headed out...

As I'm leaving, I hear: "Are you *&^%$ Crazy?!?"
  • TheChristianSimone
    Options
    I don’t allow those in my mix too closely as what surround yourself with sticks.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Your vibe attracts your tribe. 💚
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I actually don't like hanging out with people who are into fitness like I am. Don't get me wrong I love all my friends on here, but when I go out with people the last thing I want to talk about is the gym or eating/diets. Blah.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    No friends , no problem!
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    Fitness seems to be more en vogue now. Those same people who once saw me as a pariah are now asking me when the next hike is scheduled, or which of the local gyms has the tightest buns. (j/k)

You can say what you want about social media and "fitspo" but it's nice to see more people hiking or doing yoga and taking a zillion selfies than to not do those activities at all. Negative attitudes towards fitness is just not a thing I experience personally anymore. Who doesn't enjoy a nice stroll at least?!
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    "How many grains of rice are you eating today?"

Yeah, I've heard that one many times.
    I've learned long ago to do this for myself and anyone who doesn't support me can *kitten* off. Or if that doesn't work I'm just gonna feed ya until you gain all the weight 😁
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Friends?
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    "You're crazy"
    Hmmmm..... I wonder if that's actually about my fitness routine
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    Your vibe attracts your tribe. 💚

That explains all the cats. :laugh:
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options
    I am around people everyday that dont get fitness. Its pretty much my job to help them get it. The ironic thing is, the better i do my job the less they need me. My success story with them is attained when they fire me for services no longer needed!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Friends?

At our gym, the young lady behind the desk told me: "Bring in a Friend and They can Train for Free !!"

I replied: " All of My Friends Are Dead; Don't you Remember Vietnam ? "

... which is silly, because I can barely remember Vietnam (or much of anything else).