Losing the pounds...

So my goal is to lose 150lbs. in all, but as of right now I'm aiming at 50lbs. Any advice or encouragement is always welcomed!!!!!

Replies

• dandl1986
    dandl1986 Posts: 94 Member
    I am in a similar situation. I began in June and have lost 19 lbs so far. First piece of advice is, your are making lifestyle changes not dieting, and it will be a long process. Celebrate small victories along the way. I feel that I have done my best when counting carbs in addition to calories so I am making good choices (not keto like, but just really trying to keep my carbs as low as I can while still enjoying fruits and a potato now an then). My biggest success I think has been in exercise. I just started walking. At first, I could only walk about 2500 steps that was my bar. Each week I tried to do better with that. Now I am up to walking 5 miles a day. It takes me two hours. I do it five days a week. I decided not to just walk, but to find a hike in a national park I really wanted to be able to do the Highline Trail in Glacier NP. It is 11 miles! So, now when I walk that is my goal. Set small goals and achieve them and then set another. Best of luck to you in your journey. You can do it!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Keep it simple and easy and be kind to yourself.

You are welcome to take a look at the MFP Larger Losers group since you have more than 75 pounds in total to lose:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers

We are dedicated to sensible and sustainable weight loss.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    You can do it! I lost 125 lbs, took me a year and a half, currently maintaining for two years at a healthy weight. Just log every day and keep going, that may sound like a long time but compared to spending the rest of your life unhealthy, it’s a very short time!

It helps to find things you really enjoy other than food. Double points if some of those things also burn calories. But anything that makes you happy and doesn’t involve eating or drinking can help you shift your habits away from overeating.