The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• aroze0928
    aroze0928 Posts: 254 Member
    @whitpauly Thats crazy. Stay on her good side. 😂 I refuse to hang up anything Fall related until Oct 1st.
    @lorrainquiche59 thanks for the post. I always find them helpful.
    Happy AF weekend to all.
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Packing heat in a hair salon? I wouldn't be comfortable with her doing my hair, nor working with her. I take it you live in an open carry state. That is just crazy. Yes it is too early for Halloween decor though there is Christmas stuff already at the AC Moore. I hate that!
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    JenT304 wrote: »
    Packing heat in a hair salon? I wouldn't be comfortable with her doing my hair, nor working with her. I take it you live in an open carry state. That is just crazy. Yes it is too early for Halloween decor though there is Christmas stuff already at the AC Moore. I hate that!

This is what I'm thinking too Jen,very uncomfortable situation and this lady isn't the most mentally stable person either,she's able to park in the handicap parking spot cuz she has some sort of mental problems from what she told me so I especially don't feel safe with that,I'm actually gonna text the manager now and tell her to talk with her
  • SunnyDays930
    Good Lord! I hope they tell her to leave that thing at home! Mentally unstable people obviously should not have guns at home OR anywhere else!
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    @Whitpauly I didn't realize handicap spots are for people with mental issues, I thought it was for mobility issues...seems odd to me that her mental handicap allows her to take a spot that someone with a physical handicap could benefit from, but what do I know.... :/ The weapon is another story...I'd be very concerned!

BTW whining aka venting is definitely allowed on this thread.

Just a side point we have been getting pelted with rain all day...right now we're having a lovely thunderstorm...I love the rolling roar of the thunder and all the lightning AND we certainly need all the rain...I just love the sounds of it dropping and hitting everything...kinda like an orchestra of rain as it hits the various surfaces.
  • donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    @lorrainequiche59 we’re having some very welcome rain here in Texas too. Very disconcerting tweet from one of “our” state reps threatening Beto with gun violence today. Whoa. Hard not to drink sometimes. But so far so good.
  • SunnyDays930
    @donimfp good for you. Hang in there.
  • SunnyDays930
    @whitpauly Mayor Pete is a decent man. I like him. Anyway let us all hope for the best for our nation. I am sending lots of love to our thread and members. Fall is a hard time of year for so many. We are all hear to listen to each other without judgment. All comments are welcome!
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Hey all,great job on the weight loss RubyRed,I weighed this morning and 5 pounds up!😵 I knew it tho cuz I could feel it creeping up on vacation and I kept eating like a pig since we've been back,got to reign in the sweets in the evening,also stop with so much coffee creamer,I lose weight pretty easy but I also gain really easy too! Hope all are well and wishes for a great AF day❤️
  • lorrainequiche59
    I remember many Saturday mornings I would wake up with a major hangover. Another thing I certainly don't miss about drinking. 5 months, 8 days no booze.
    Congrats...it gets better too!

@donimfp So far so GREAT!

Not much happening in my neck of the woods. I am trying (?) to get "control" of my "out of control" appetite and have come to the conclusion that food is basically the same as booze was for me & the only difference is the substance itself AND that we need food to live. SO, I am going through a similar path with food that I did with alcohol. I am at the point where I feel controlled by my desire to stuff it!! AND begin each morning (usually) with a resolve to moderate my food intake only to lose my resolve throughout the day. I have days where I'm on board with moderation and feeling good about myself and confident in my ability to "do it this time" only to allow myself to be derailed at some point in the following few days and then it begins all over again....r-r-r-r-r-r!!!

The thing is like alcohol, there is no "magic" answer or way of eating, it is work to change...PERIOD, end of story!! And for me, I think it is mustering up the emotional and mental energy to do the work and I don't think I'm there yet. Perhaps I need to just accept that for now...I'm just feeling confused and a little meh !! Hoping that spilling it here will produce a "lightbulb, AHA moment" for me. LOL

Have a safe, happy AF day <3

• lorrainequiche59
    GOOD MORN :)

We're on page 2 and no comments for days now, so needing to check in and hope that everyone is happy and healthy and hanging in...

It is SO peaceful sitting on my patio soaking up the fresh air and plant life around me with only days of the summer season left. Fall is one of my fave seasons. I went to the beach with a friend yesterday...all the tourists are gone now so it was lovely sitting on the beach soaking up the sun and listening to the waves roll in. It was my first time at this particular beach this season because I don't like all the crowds. I like the off-season staring at miles of empty beach with a few people jogging, walking and enjoying the emptiness like me...

I had to force myself to go cause I'm in hermit mode & could crawl into bed and hide my head...something is up with me and I did get a bit of a light bulb moment when I was driving to work the other day thinking about my out-of-control eating and remembered a blurb from Letting Go about denial and how one of the indicators that we are in denial is compulsive behaviors...and SO I began to think about what I'm denying and had a bit of a revelation which I will not share here, but it has to do with grief.

SO I can stop beating myself up and just try my best for each day and hope that I can work toward acceptance for each day. It is what it is....for now.....but, this too shall pass <3
  • aroze0928
    aroze0928 Posts: 254 Member
    Hi @lorrainquiche59 a nice beach day without the crowds sounds good. It'll turn around hang in there. The only difference now is its food we run to in times of stress instead of drinks. You're way better off. Take the good with the bad and keep on keeping on.
  • lorrainequiche59
    HELLO out there...SO quiet all week...is everyone ok? Hope so. <3