Let it GO! Decluttering (simplifying) your life of (people, places or things) success stories?

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited September 2019
    snoo61 wrote: »
    RubyRed, Gisel, and NewLifestyle4me inspired me to go through all my pants. Tried them all on, got rid of a bunch, then added 2 dresses to the donate pile.

Girlllllll.... {{{{ <3 Hugs and The HIGHEST of fives <3 }}}}}} "trying on pants ( and a BUNCH of them) that no longer fit is supercalafrajesticexpealdocious honey--BOOM! Added to that major league win is that you're getting rid of them AND the dresses too--you winner you. I'm thrilled for you, period.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    Just gotta get that old, busted car out of my driveway. It's been sitting there for a year now, un-driven. It's a huge eye sore and it drags me down a little every time I see it. Talk about a giant piece of clutter. It's time...

How fabulous of you to "see" this and desire to LET IT GO AND DON'T LOOK BACK, is just so terrific--YAY YOU and bye busted car/eye sore and hello nice uncluttered/more attractive driveway--BOOM and YAY YOU!!!
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,131 Member
    @serendipity22

Good job and now that you are done, come over my house and help me clean-up a couple of cabinets full of very old papers that I have in my garage. The bottom drawer in one of the cabinets is almost touching the floor because the weight of the papers probably broke they hinges. That drawer will have to be the first one to get cleaned because once I open it, it will never close again.

My husband doesn't like to throw papers or old documents because...."just in case, and you never know..." I have old insurance policies and escrow closing papers of houses that we sold a log time ago. Grrr!

Something in my list of things to do after the summer when the garage is cooler.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited September 2019
    dodea48 wrote: »
    my goal is to simply my life by cutting out social media time ---- dam it

YAY YOU...only a super tough, wise and COOL person would ever even dare consider giving at least SOME of the distracting, addicting, depressing, overwhelming and time/life consuming thing social media can DEFINITELY be and actually is. You winner you! Thank you ever so much for contributing to this thread. Honey, simplifying your life by cutting back or even getting rid of the majority of your social media ties is so admirable and again, wise and COOL.

BOOM!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    I finally started to clean out a rolling storage cart. It has ten drawers that I have been using as junk drawers. I have been putting stuff in there for a long time. All of the drawers were stuffed. I cleaned and organized one draw at a time. I was able to clean and organize six of the ten drawers last night. Now I have them organized in separate drawers as office supplies, beauty supplies, first aid, tools and small notebooks. Another drawer I cleaned out but haven't decided yet what to put in there (any suggestions welcome). It only took me an hour and I ended up throwing a bunch of junk away. I'm going to tackle the other four drawers tonight.

{{{ <3 Hugs and High Fives <3 }}}} I'm so happy for you--way to go, you winner you--BOOM!

Here's some idea on junk drawers & rolling carts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SxBbhSNhRQ

https://www.thespruce.com/organize-a-junk-drawer-half-hour-2648365

• serendipity22
    serendipity22 Posts: 248 Member
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    @serendipity22

Good job and now that you are done, come over my house and help me clean-up a couple of cabinets full of very old papers that I have in my garage. The bottom drawer in one of the cabinets is almost touching the floor because the weight of the papers probably broke they hinges. That drawer will have to be the first one to get cleaned because once I open it, it will never close again.

My husband doesn't like to throw papers or old documents because...."just in case, and you never know..." I have old insurance policies and escrow closing papers of houses that we sold a log time ago. Grrr!

Something in my list of things to do after the summer when the garage is cooler.

Thank you. I understand what you wrote about papers. I have a lot of papers to go through. I'm going to work on that this weekend. I'm not finished with this project yet. I organized and cleaned three more drawers but I still have one left. I hope to get it done tomorrow after work.
  • serendipity22
    serendipity22 Posts: 248 Member
    I finally started to clean out a rolling storage cart. It has ten drawers that I have been using as junk drawers. I have been putting stuff in there for a long time. All of the drawers were stuffed. I cleaned and organized one draw at a time. I was able to clean and organize six of the ten drawers last night. Now I have them organized in separate drawers as office supplies, beauty supplies, first aid, tools and small notebooks. Another drawer I cleaned out but haven't decided yet what to put in there (any suggestions welcome). It only took me an hour and I ended up throwing a bunch of junk away. I'm going to tackle the other four drawers tonight.

{{{ <3 Hugs and High Fives <3 }}}} I'm so happy for you--way to go, you winner you--BOOM!

Thank you for the video. I cleaned and organized all the drawers except one. I now have two completely empty drawers. I look forward to finishing this project tomorrow.

My goal this weekend is to clean out my closet and get it organized. I also have to go through my pile of papers.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    It's LATE and I'm about to head off the dreamland and I like to think about or look at something ultra cute or adorable before bed...just so I can smile my way to sleep. This really doesn't have anything to do with decluttering...but perhaps these super SHORT videos will just make you smile and add a wee bit more of YES to your life:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThQKtgBloUw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OLpmPX5LVY
  • kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    I absolutely need this forum in my life!!! Thanks everyone who has posted!!! On my way to decluttering my life starting now ❤
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME

Thank you for the video. I cleaned and organized all the drawers except one. I now have two completely empty drawers. I look forward to finishing this project tomorrow.

My goal this weekend is to clean out my closet and get it organized. I also have to go through my pile of papers.

You are doing so well...super YAY YOU!!!!!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    colane393 wrote: »
    Decluttering/downsizing has resulted in an interesting effect on my life. I've achieved a sense of satisfaction during the process. I'm now able to realize that "I have enough,"and be sincerely happy with owning less material possessions. During my younger years, it was very easy to get caught up in the want of buying things, without considering if I truly needed them.

While I didn't consider myself a hoarder, I had lots of items I kept around just in case I thought I might possibly need them one day...even though they hadn't been used in years.

And downsizing also gave me a good feeling to donate to those in need. I truly feel blessed with less.

Wow and super YAY YOU! What a powerful and mega inspiration post! Thank you ever so VERY much for your contribution here. You've blessed me tremendously.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    I've always been pretty good at decluttering and moving things out of the house. One thing I've always struggled with is not constantly moving things it. It was a constant revolving door of stuff, constantly going in and out. I'm working now at reducing my consumption and only buying things when I really need them instead of having to always move things out because I move so much in.

This "only buying things when you really need them"... is so so wonderful and can take many of us a whole lot of time and purposefully thinking and living to accomplish. That said, it's super admirable though that you move things out to stuff in--that's really really good and a super good place for those of us that may struggle with bringing stuff in and then being overwhelmed with TOO MUCH STUFF.

Thanks so much for contributing to this thread--YAY YOU!!!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    kq1981 wrote: »
    I absolutely need this forum in my life!!! Thanks everyone who has posted!!! On my way to decluttering my life starting now ❤

Girllllll...me too. Thank you ever so much for posting--congrats on your new mission and it's going to be "something else" as you begin--but as you start "seeing" less and less, you are going to absolutely LOVE it and won't miss anything you rid yourself/your home/closet at all. YAY YOU!!!!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited September 2019
    It's LATE and I'm about to head off the dreamland and I like to think about or look at something ultra cute or adorable before bed...just so I can smile my way to sleep. This really doesn't have anything to do with decluttering...but perhaps these super SHORT videos will just make you smile and add a wee bit more of YES to your life:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThQKtgBloUw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OLpmPX5LVY

Okay, I'm going to HAVE To reply to my own post--I LOVE THESE VIDEOS so much and they just make me smile from ear to ear and bring me such JOY. Especially when the baby sings pumkie umkie umkin (soooooooo CUTE) and these makes that adorable gurgling type sound saying skookums uckums...I just LOVE it SO MUCH. I love when the little boy just giggles with delight at the DARLING puppy giving it's ALL and how the darling little boy, with LOVE and CONCERN/CARE lets the puppy stop, seeing it's a baby and tuckered out after a short while and says she's had enough"....How LOVING/ADORABLE/DARLING they both are--the puppy AND the little boy....The answer is YES to these terrific happy making vids!!!!!!
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    We bought our first house 11 years ago, and The garage (and house) has been full of $h!t since then. I've been working on using less, buying less, and realizing that I don't need to store things that aren't useful to my life now. And just a few weeks ago, I was finally able to use the garage for it's designed purpose. And I still can use my weight rack that my husband built for me (left side of the car), I just put the car in the driveway for a few minutes.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Who in the heck is clicking "disagree" in every posting?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!