Tracey's OMAD Reboot

Replies

• LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Hello OMAD Friends,

I completed my 3 day fast and this one was the hardest thus far. I felt some fluttering in my chest yesterday so I ended up drinking a chocolate kale shake with wheatgrass juice powder in it. It was 98 calories. After drinking the shake, I felt better and could continue without food. I think this was harder because I had more carbs prior to my fast.
    I weighed in at 171.8 pounds this morning. My scale is still recognizing me as guest so it is not posting my weight to my fitbit app. I found out that my son got on my scale while I was in hawaii and he weighs 155 pounds which my scale assigned to me. I guess I have to get closer to that weight for my scale to recognize me again.

As far as my plan, I have decided on the Bulletproof Intermittent fasting plan. On this plan I have my zero carb bulletproof coffee in the morning. My eating window opens at 2:00pm at which time I will have my chocolate kale shake with wheatgrass juice and some kind of fiber powder and then I will have a solid meal between 5 & 7pm and be done eating for the day by 8:00pm.

I am thinking of also adding a no eating day on Tuesdays. I will see how it goes.

• volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Tracey ----best of luck with your new plan! It sounds very solid and I am sure with your determination you will have awesome results!!! <3
  • LadyBlanks
    Thanks Donna! I think the new plan will work for me as well. I started it today and after my coffee this morning at 7:30 I did not get hungry until around 12:30 but I wasn't thinking about or anxious for food like before which would have drove me to the cafeteria. I was able to hold out and now at 2:00 I will fix my chocolate kale shake which should hold me until my meal time.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    I like the plan too Tracey!!! Back to basics with some fun customized stuff thrown in :) You've got this boo!
  • LadyBlanks
    I just finished my meal. I had a salad and a chaffle BLT. OMG it was so good. I bought a chaffle cookbook and will be making a lot of them. I haven't put my meal in MFP yet. I will have to post those later
  • mistymeadows2005
    Yes I wanna know this recipe you've grown to love so much!
  • LadyBlanks
    For my chaffle,

4 slices of sargento ultra thin colby jack cheese slices with the corners cut off
    1 egg
    seasonings of choice

Whisk the egg
    preheat the waffle maker
    spray with cooking spray
    once heated, place one slice of the cheese on the waffle maker and let melt some
    pour half of the egg mixture on top of the melted cheese and cover with the other slice of cheese
    close waffle maker and cook for 3-4 minutes. (you should be able to lift the top of the waffle iron off easily)
    Make the other chaffle with the other 2 slices of cheese and half of egg.

For my BLT Sandwich I made my two chaffles spread each chaffle with avocado spread and mayonnaise then added lettuce, tomato and bacon.
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    That sounds delicious..Yummy! :) Sounds like your new plan is working :)
  • volgirl1322
    Holy cow that sounds amazing!!!
  • LadyBlanks
    I should have taken a picture of it, but I just dug in. I will be sure to take a picture of the next one. I think I may have the BLT again for dinner tonight.
  • LadyBlanks
    Happy Friday Everyone,

I am happy to report my new plan is working. I managed to continue to lose after eating again after my 3 day fast and a pleased to report a weight of 169.8 pounds.
  • volgirl1322
    That is so awesome Tracey!!! I knew you would be kicking those pounds to the curb!!! Super proud of you!!!!! <3
  • mistymeadows2005
    YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! Basics work wonders <3 nice post fast lost! LOVE IT!!!

That chaffle sounds sooooo good - for some reason I don't have a waffle iron though LOL
  • LadyBlanks
    I ordered the dash mini waffle iron on Amazon for $9.99. It seems to be the best for chaffles.
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Daaang... you are kicking some butt!! Chaffles are awesome aren't they? So much better to use than weird mushy squishy keto 'breads' lol
  • LadyBlanks
    I totally agree! A real game changer in the low carb/Keto arena
  • LadyBlanks
    Happy Friday OMAD Family!

My weight this morning 172.4 pounds. I am good with that as I will consider that a new starting weight. A new development, my whole household has made the decision to pursue a Keto lifestyle. Everyone; me, hubby, and children. My brother in law and his family have made the switch also. This is great as we will all be on the same page. That was my biggest problem when being with the family and they were eating different from me and I would give in. Now that we are eating the same, it will be easier. They are not doing IF/OMAD yet, but I believe they may get there. I am excited and am looking forward to continuous losses.
  • volgirl1322
    Wow Tracey that is awesome, and for sure it will make it so much easier for you!!!! Glad things are working out well for you! <3
  • mistymeadows2005
    AWESOME JOB BABE! You're right back on the wagon! Super proud of you, I know getting back into the habit can kick your butt!!!

That's exciting that the fam is on board! I'd have a REAL hard time talking ANYONE in my family to restrict...pretty much in any way LMAO - although I asked Ced what he did for dinner when he was working this week and he said he was fasting :D good for him LMAO

Let us know how it goes - SO glad it'll make things easier!
  • LadyBlanks
    Although I've been telling the family about this way of life for years, it was not me that convinced them. My brother in law talked to some other people and had dinner with them and they told him about it and he was on board. I then told my husband that I was going to do it to support his brother and then he agreed to do it as well.

They have health issues that this way of eating will help, so I am glad they finally came around.