Useless Fact of the Day

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    cee134 wrote: »
    theresa120 wrote: »
    The little plastic things on the ends of drawstrings or shoelaces are called “Aglets”

Did you know there's more than one way to lace a shoe depending on what you are doing?

I once laced my new shoes upside down (with the bow at the toes) in HS, on accident because I'm an idiot, and my friends thought it was cool and "trendy"

Do you know you don't have to take out your laces every time you untie your shoes? I mean, you can if you want.

xc1jxgiqvwid.gif

NEW shoes, Cee, NEW. Unlaced.

Why did you unlace your new shoes? This is why I only wear flip flops.
  • cee134
    The little plastic things on the ends of drawstrings or shoelaces are called “Aglets”

Did you know there's more than one way to lace a shoe depending on what you are doing?

I once laced my new shoes upside down (with the bow at the toes) in HS, on accident because I'm an idiot, and my friends thought it was cool and "trendy"

Do you know you don't have to take out your laces every time you untie your shoes? I mean, you can if you want.

xc1jxgiqvwid.gif

I'm gonna beat you with a flip flop

Which part the flip or the flop?
  • cee134

xc1jxgiqvwid.gif

I'm gonna beat you with a flip flop

Which part the flip or the flop?

First one, then the other

dis you trying to figure out how to use a flip flop to beat me with

jjeqbmzqgrss.gif
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,508 Member
    Jim Heselden, the owner of the Segway company, died when his Segway went of a cliff.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Jim Heselden, the owner of the Segway company, died when his Segway went of a cliff.

I was surprised that this was actually true..
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 588 Member
    Odd numbers all contain the letter "e".
  • terrordawg
    terrordawg Posts: 19,462 Member
    Odd numbers all contain the letter "e".

tpfn50096t5h.gif

• jruch23
    jruch23 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Mountain Dew has orange juice in it
  • cee134
    Friday is going to be interesting one way or another.
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    Poinsettia flowers are a familiar sight in American holidays, but they're native to Mexico. In the wild, the plants can grow up to two feet tall.
  • ArmyVeteranM1A1C
    ArmyVeteranM1A1C Posts: 1,045 Member
    An M1A1 tank can go over 70 mph with the speed governor off, on level ground, burning jet fuel
  • cee134
    Nintendo created a video game based on the Popeye comic strip, but could not acquire licensing rights for the characters. Rather than scrap the work that was done, it released with a new cast - a plumber, his girlfriend, and a gorilla - and was renamed "Donkey Kong" after the game's antagonist.
  • terrordawg
    terrordawg Posts: 19,462 Member
    Nintendo created a video game based on the Popeye comic strip, but could not acquire licensing rights for the characters. Rather than scrap the work that was done, it released with a new cast - a plumber, his girlfriend, and a gorilla - and was renamed "Donkey Kong" after the game's antagonist.

Neat! 🤓
  • cee134
    No matter how bad your attempt at breaking into a prison, it'll work.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Today is National Cheeseburger Day
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    Today, most people use the word "jalopy" to describe an old, beat up car, but the word once had another meaning.
    From the 1930s to 1960s, jalopy was actually a class of stock car racing.
  • cee134
    When a peacock shakes his tail, it produces a low pitched sound humans can't hear despite the noise being about as loud as a car going past a several feet away.
  • cee134
    A folder is for things that you don't want to fold.