What do you put in your coffee?

124»

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    dodea48 wrote: »

Put almonds in your grinder or food processor, you will not get milk

Actually, you do grind up almonds lin your blender or food processor to make almond milk. I’ve made my own, but it’s expensive, and a waste of almonds. Unless you make the solids into almond flour by drying it out.

The dairy industry has been trying for years to ban plant based products from being called milk.

You can make cashew milk using the whole almonds.

You're a magician!!! ;):laugh:
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    dodea48 wrote: »

Put almonds in your grinder or food processor, you will not get milk

Actually, you do grind up almonds lin your blender or food processor to make almond milk. I’ve made my own, but it’s expensive, and a waste of almonds. Unless you make the solids into almond flour by drying it out.

The dairy industry has been trying for years to ban plant based products from being called milk.

You can make cashew milk using the whole almonds.

You're a magician!!! ;):laugh:

Heh! Everyone has their skills. Turning almonds into cashew milk is an odd and not especially profitable one, but it is quirky! ;-)

(Of course, I meant whole cashews. Ooops.)
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    What do I put in my coffee?

Thought, Interest, Anticipation, Joy when it all comes together.

I buy high-quality green coffee beans and roast them myself, trying to coax out the chocolate, berry, citrus, or other flavor potentials from that particular variety of coffee bean, grown in a specific and unique part of the world.
    Then Grind them by hand as needed for the brewing method, usually pour-over or French press.

If you go down that road, you are far less tempted to bury the flavors under milk fat and cheap syrups.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    I drink high quality coffee ground fresh daily, black.
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    For me, it's more of a... I add coffee to my creamer.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Sometimes 15 ml heavy cream. Sometimes 16 or even 17 ml. Very rarely a cinnamon stick. Most often, nothing.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    For me, it's more of a... I add coffee to my creamer.

you iz my peoplez LOL
  • Squish815
    Squish815 Posts: 150 Member
    Black, half a teaspoon of brown sugar! I have at least 3 a day.
  • kcmcbee
    kcmcbee Posts: 177 Member
    Also see other feedback on “Coffee Creamer” thread.
    Current situation- trying lot of things to get close to creamy creamer (but without cream, sugar, fat, etc.)
  • JenniferM1234
    JenniferM1234 Posts: 173 Member
    I admire all you people who can drink your coffee black; it gives me a stomach ache when I do. I use unsweetened almond milk and it took a while to get used to the lack of sweetness, but now when I do put a little splash of sweetness in my coffee, it tastes like a treat, instead of just.....morning.
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,636 Member
    Sometimes black, sometimes with some whole milk added. Sometimes I'll add a splash of vanilla extract, and occasionally a drop (careful, the stuff is strong!) of cinnamon extract as well.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    I admire all you people who can drink your coffee black; it gives me a stomach ache when I do. I use unsweetened almond milk and it took a while to get used to the lack of sweetness, but now when I do put a little splash of sweetness in my coffee, it tastes like a treat, instead of just.....morning.

I learned to drink black as I got tired of there never being milk/cream/sugar on a regular basis at the accounting firm I started at. So I just slowly went black. That was 30 some odd years ago.

Only thing I put in mine now is Irish Cream on the weekends. But the mug in front of me now is black.