Low cholesterol lower carb recipes

XxAngry_Pixi
XxAngry_Pixi Posts: 236 Member
Hi guys so after a trip to the doctors and some not so great news I am back on MFP trying to get my health and weight back in order.

So I had gestational diabetes, my baby was born 9 months ago but my blood sugars are not back to where they were supposed to be. Thankfully they are not high enough to be diabetic but my doctor wants me to get on top of my carbs and get my blood sugars back down. This part I'm not too worried about I've switched back over to whole grain bread brown rice etc.

However she also told me that my good cholesterol is too low my bad cholesterol is too high and my triglycerides are high also.

Please hit me with your low cholesterol lower carb recipes. I eat most things except for seafood I do prefer to cook from scratch seeing as I have other dietary requirements in the house and I'm often cooking more than one meal already. Easy meals or ones that meal prep in advance and freeze well would be a huge plus, thanks in advance 😊

Replies

• I had to start watching my cholesterol...so I set my food menu to track that..it helps..but cholesterol is in everything....
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Anything that uses chicken breasts and turkey breasts will be low in cholesterol. You can also get leaner cuts of beef - they sell ground beef around here as low as 7% fat. I know, no recipes but, some ideas of what you can sub into recipes to help lower your cholesterol intake.

Egg whites are also good - mix 1 egg with 2-3 egg whites to make scrambles that contain veggies (I like onions and mushrooms in mine).
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    edited September 2019
    I had to start watching my cholesterol...so I set my food menu to track that..it helps..but cholesterol is in everything....

Cholesterol is not in everything! I’ve just been looking back at my food diary and nutrition numbers and I’m so far under cholesterol goals. I can tell the days when I’ve eaten eggs because that’s the only time it even registers as a number!

Given, I’m not a meat eater but it’s not right to say cholesterol is in everything! Shift the balance from animal product heavy meals to vegetable and grains with a smaller portion of animal product and it should go a long way towards cutting the numbers.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Some links for you.

55 Best Low carb, low cholesterol recipes images in 2016 ...
    https://www.pinterest.com/linnellen/low-carb-low-cholesterol-recipes

Mar 7, 2016- Explore linnellen's board "Low carb, low cholesterol recipes", followed by 451 people on Pinterest. See more ideas about Food recipes, Low carb and Cooking recipes.
    75+ Low Cholesterol Crock-Pot Recipes - Crock-Pot Ladies
    https://crockpotladies.com/low-cholesterol-crock-pot-recipes

Low Cholesterol Crock-Pot Recipes. Due to the high level of cholesterol in the average American diet, the USDA has put out guidelines that suggest that you should aim 300 mg or less of cholesterol per day. While it is important to take note of your dietary cholesterol intake it is equally important to pay attention to your saturated fat,...
    Low Cholesterol Recipes : Food Network | Food Network
    https://www.foodnetwork.com/topics/low-cholesterol-recipes