In your 60’s

Replies

• annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,240 Member
    @BlancheandSmooshyface, good luck with your recovery. There are also chair aerobics/strength training exercises you might be able to do. Look online for them.

Welcome, Denise and Keith!

I'm having a great week so far. My hand is mostly healed from last week's fall and it really didn't cause me to lose any exercise time! Getting in 4 strength training sessions at the gym and two long walks with my dog this week!

BTW, if anyone wants to add me as a friend that's fine, just send a request. I post my food diary and workouts everyday and encourage all my friends. I'm maintaining right now because I'm building strength but will probably go back to a deficit around the holidays to lose about 5 more lbs. It's easier for me to be committed to a deficit over the holidays so I don't go crazy on Christmas Cookies................lol

Glad you are on the mend!
  • Thanks for the suggestion, Fitlulu415. I've ordered some "bands" in order to start toning up my arms again, as that's what I rely on in order to transfer.
  • annliz23
    Happy Friday everyone!
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,304 Member
    annliz23 wrote: »
    Happy Friday everyone!

Still Thursday for us in the USA! Where are you?
  • annliz23
    England in was 30 mins early as my battery needed charging lol!
  • fitlulu4150
    fitlulu4150 Posts: 1,371 Member
    @annliz23, thanks for the well wishes.

I've had a busy week finishing up some tax paperwork ahead of filing our taxes next month, hitting the gym, walking the dog and now we have a leak under the tile in our kitchen. We're leaving for CO next week and will be gone for 5 days so even though we called our insurance company it looks like we won't be able to have anything done until we get back. We'll turn the water off to the house before we leave and hope for the best. It seems to be a slow leak but has cracked the grout and I can hear water slushing around underfoot............uggghhh

Hope you all have a great weekend, we're just getting together with friends tomorrow for dinner and working around the house and yard ahead of leaving for 5 days. I'll be burning some extra calories tomorrow gardening and cleaning so that's a good thing I suppose!

Stay strong and stick to your goals!
  • ourvibrantlife
    ourvibrantlife Posts: 413 Member

I've had a busy week finishing up some tax paperwork ahead of filing our taxes next month, hitting the gym, walking the dog and now we have a leak under the tile in our kitchen. We're leaving for CO next week and will be gone for 5 days so even though we called our insurance company it looks like we won't be able to have anything done until we get back. We'll turn the water off to the house before we leave and hope for the best. It seems to be a slow leak but has cracked the grout and I can hear water slushing around underfoot............uggghhh

Hope you all have a great weekend, we're just getting together with friends tomorrow for dinner and working around the house and yard ahead of leaving for 5 days. I'll be burning some extra calories tomorrow gardening and cleaning so that's a good thing I suppose!

Hi @fitlulu16 Recently I was hearing running water behind our kitchen sink which faces our living room. After seeking the noise out.. it was just a hose bib that I left on. ThankGoodness! Just a thought .. for you. Good Luck and happy Vk!
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,294 Member
    I am also having water issues. Our main sewer line in the house keeps springing leaks. Turns out when the house was built they installed the copper line with the seam on the bottom and now it is corroding. To replace it we have to tear the limestone off the fireplace and take the upper kitchen cabinets down..........ughhhhhh
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member

I consider myself fortunate to have left my apartment for a brief holiday devoid of any worrisome issues. I continue to be fortunate where I can have wonderful time where my calorie and fitness goals might suffer a bit, but has has allowed me to be something that has been lacking in my life...HAPPY! And when I get home, I get quickly back into my fitness routines, happily!!
  • fitlulu4150
    fitlulu4150 Posts: 1,371 Member
    @geraldaltman.....I have a few happy places, one is the gym, and I'm basically all alone in that, but more importantly I'm happiest in CO/MT visiting my grandkids and hopefully hiking with all of them.

I don't always stick to a strict calorie/macro diet but for the most part it's a bit ingrained after almost 6 years of counting calories.........LOL
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    @geraldaltman.....I have a few happy places, one is the gym, and I'm basically all alone in that, but more importantly I'm happiest in CO/MT visiting my grandkids and hopefully hiking with all of them.

I don't always stick to a strict calorie/macro diet but for the most part it's a bit ingrained after almost 6 years of counting calories.........LOL
    That which you cited...HUGE!! We tend to get lost in doing the things that are healthier, but forget what is equally important, what makes us happiest! Each one of us has a certain set of circumstances that fit that formula. It has taken me an embarrassingly long time to learn that. It's all about balance!!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Good morning, y'all. Planning a long walk with the puppy today. She needs it and so do I.

Have an awesome weekend!
  • annliz23
    Good morning, y'all. Planning a long walk with the puppy today. She needs it and so do I.

Have an awesome weekend!

What breed is your dog, have a lovely walk.
  • annliz23

Oh dear how stressful for you, hand in there I am sure it will be fine you just have to ride it out. Enjoy your dinner tomorrow at least that will help de- stress.

Take care and enjoy your break!
  • annliz23
    I often worry about silly little things and build them up into big things, but I am getting better at dealing with issues, doing yoga has really helped although I only do the beginners one. Music also helps too.
  • 13ilgal413
    13ilgal413 Posts: 10 Member
    Question for the group: When you attend a function that has a display of appetizers, how do you log what you've eaten?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,959 Member
    13ilgal413 wrote: »
    Question for the group: When you attend a function that has a display of appetizers, how do you log what you've eaten?

Imperfectly? ;)

One of four things, typically:

1. Keep track mentally (or by snapping a pic with my phone if that can be done subtly and politely in the social context), then later use either similar restaurant (or other users' homemade) items from the database (picking one toward the high end, calorie-wise, if there are multiples), or deconstruct the item and log ingredients. (Pro tip: Turn off the flash for extra subtlety. ;) Once you get good at this, it looks like you're simply checking an urgent text message. ;) ).

2. Make a SWAG (scientific wild-a** guess) for the whole plate(s), trying not to lowball, and log it as "quick add calories". (This one is easier if you've been logging for awhile: After 4+ years, I think I'm a decent guesser for semi-familiar things.) A twist on this is to give myself an estimated calorie budget going in, and guess my way up to it.

3. Pick choices that are easier to log (veggies and dip, and cheese cubes, say, vs. complicated puff-pastry cheese thingies with sauteed mushooms in them or egg rolls).

4. If it's a rare thing, and especially if the choices are more exotic and delightful (hard to log, yet super tempting), I'd just skip completely logging that day. I never did this during weight loss (that I can recall), but I do it sometimes in maintenance. For me, in maintenance, the bodyweight scale + weight trending app loom a little larger as management tools, and I'm more likely to be looser about logging when it's more complicated. This is an option while losing, of course, because the majority of our days determine the majority of our progress (vs. things that happen once every few months or so) . . . but I was interested in having as accurate logging data as I could during loss, to have a better handle on my personal TDEE once I got to maintenance. YMMV.

Best wishes!
  • alteredsteve175

Have an awesome weekend!

Daisy is a Chesapeake Bay Retriever. She's about 9 weeks in the photo. She will weigh about 80 pounds at maturity. We've been walking every day for a week now. Another good reason to have a dog as a companion.
    ln6l5bvy1av7.jpg

@annliz23 - Is that a standard poodle in your profile photo?

• annliz23

Have an awesome weekend!

Daisy is a Chesapeake Bay Retriever. She's about 9 weeks in the photo. She will weigh about 80 pounds at maturity. We've been walking every day for a week now. Another good reason to have a dog as a companion.
    ln6l5bvy1av7.jpg

@annliz23 - Is that a standard poodle in your profile photo?

Oh she is lovely you are going you have so much fun with her!

I have 2 standard poodles a black one poppy 5 years old who is a ver scared nervous dog and Alfie an apricot one in the picture 2 1/2 years old, I decided to have them as my husband was not going out or doing anything due to his diabetes now walk them daily 3 to 4 miles and he is fine, I couldn't imagine a life without them and they keep you fit too!
  • alteredsteve175
    Oh she is lovely you are going you have so much fun with her!

I have 2 standard poodles a black one poppy 5 years old who is a ver scared nervous dog and Alfie an apricot one in the picture 2 1/2 years old, I decided to have them as my husband was not going out or doing anything due to his diabetes now walk them daily 3 to 4 miles and he is fine, I couldn't imagine a life without them and they keep you fit too!

You're right about that, Ann. More exercise was one reason (of several) for getting another dog at my house.