Home workouts

What are you some good home workouts? What has been working for you? Tips?
Sometimes I get out of work late and can’t make it to the gym and rather excerise in the comfort of home.

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    I like the Jessica Smith TV channel on YouTube.
  • duskyjewel
    duskyjewel Posts: 286 Member
    When I worked out at home I liked Billy Blanks videos.

Unfortunately I determined that when I can see my couch I want to sit on my couch, and exercise needs to happen somewhere else. ;)
  • retrospect45
    retrospect45 Posts: 4 Member
    I see an exercise physiologist who works out a home routine and periodically changes the exercises to continually challenge my body
  • slackey0275
    slackey0275 Posts: 4 Member
    I do the Leslie Sansone "Walk away the pounds" videos. I have one of the dvd's but also use some of her youtube videos for variety.
  • Eaturmeat
    Eaturmeat Posts: 107 Member
    I like to do dips on whatever I can find wherever I am. I also like to press things over my head. I don’t have full workouts at home but I like to stimulate blood flow in the muscles between gym times
  • joone_9
    joone_9 Posts: 152 Member
    I love beachbody programs...insanity is an old favourite if you like tough cardio workouts! I think they are now also on demand..worth the $$in my opinion!
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 909 Member
    Sometimes I get out of work late and can’t make it to the gym and rather excerise in the comfort of home.

what are your goals? improve CV fitness? lose fat? gain muscle?

• tlpina82
    tlpina82 Posts: 229 Member

Beachbody Insanity - I needed to ramp up some full body work while cutting and this hit the spot.
    40 minute workouts always hitting 600+ cals per session.
  • Avand17
    Avand17 Posts: 31 Member
    I have a punching bag at home, highly recommended it. When I'm at home, I go more for core/toning exercises, anything bodyweight. Planks, lunges, dips, squats.
  • vonmimi
    vonmimi Posts: 1 Member
    Insanity the ASYLUM Volume 1&2 TapouT XT or XT2. All four of these programs have everything mixed all in one. Strength and cardio and high intensity.
  • koalathebear
    koalathebear Posts: 236 Member
    I follow Zumba videos on youtube at home and have been able to continue losing weight well.

My more high energy playlist:

The more chill playlist
  • ThatJuJitsuWoman
    ThatJuJitsuWoman Posts: 155 Member
    I like Billy Blanks Tae Bo too. It’s high energy, usually works the whole body, and the punching and kicking is good for stress relief! I’d also have a punchbag at home if I had space 😊
  • ChrisCatMama
    ChrisCatMama Posts: 1,038 Member
    I like Darebee printable and downloadable workouts. They even have warmups and recovery workouts.
  • krael65
    krael65 Posts: 306 Member
    fitnessblender.com has some great workouts.
  • KnitsWhoSayNee
    KnitsWhoSayNee Posts: 8 Member
    The hardest part for me, and I think someone else said it, is if I see the couch I sit on the couch. I made a designated workout space in my garage. I got floor mats and I use a tablet to stream a workout from YouTube or an app.

I have a couple small weights. One resistance band. An exercise ball. And two kettle bells. I get up at 5:15, and only do 20ish minutes the get ready for work. On Mondays I do something easy, like a wake up yoga. :smile:
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    I do Classical Stretch by Miranda Esmonde White - it's gentle enough that it doesn't trigger a Fibro Flare-up, but still a good workout. I would like to do more cardio/strength soon, though. How long does it take to get the hang of Zumba? I seriously fear falling on my face :D I don't think I am coordinated enough to be able to follow along with a video just watching it for the first time...

My husband and I did Rip:60 a few years ago - we felt GREAT doing it! But it was hard to find the time to be truly dedicated to it, often times going to bed after midnight by the time we got supper done, kids in bed, workout, then showers.
  • hmhill17
    hmhill17 Posts: 283 Member
    I have exercises I do sitting down at work. Some stuff with dumb bells and a compact elliptical. Probably not as good as a gym or an actual routine, but it's stuff I can do while I'm working so I'm more likely to do it.

I also walk 30-45 minutes every morning before breakfast to get the blood flowing.