Okay I’m frustrated...

montyeva1114
montyeva1114 Posts: 78 Member
I lost 3 lbs in 4 weeks. This last week the scale didn’t budge. I’m not going to quit. But once again I think that 1500 to 1600 calories a day may be too much to eat in order for me to lose weight. So the question is, do I eat less? Eat differently? I exercise 4 to 6 days a week.

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    Were you eating 1500 to 1600 calories the weeks you lost as well?

Because that sounds like it's working and one week isn't enough time to suddenly think it's not working.
  • montyeva1114
    It’s been a frustrating change because I keep comparing to past successes. I know my metabolism has slowed. My problem is that the thought of cutting more calories is probably not sustainable. But I’m concerned that if I continue to see little or no results I might quit. So my third idea is to look closer at what I am eating and play around with that a bit.
  • phx92
    phx92 Posts: 87 Member
    Just be patient! Give it 2-3 weeks and make sure you’re being accurate with logging and everything. Even if it’s slow it’s worth it.

I saw a few people recommend weight tracking apps that give you trends, I downloaded Happy Scale and so far I like it. I get easily discouraged so it’s nice to see that really you are on a downward trend even if maybe you’re holding some wAter weight or you feel kind of stalled out
  • RevGym2
    RevGym2 Posts: 252 Member
    Stay off the scales. Let the mirror and your clothes be your guide. You’re gaining muscle if you’re working about that many days per week.

In addition, if you’re working out that often and only eating 1500 cal, you may be putting your body into starvation mode where it will not burn calories. You may actually need to increase your calorie intake.

Be the best you can be! Rainbows and sunshine for your day today!
  • montyeva1114
    That’s probably wise. Thank you.
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Good advice all around in here - stay the course - you'll be glad you did - if it was easy everyone would do it amirite??
  • colettehugh
    colettehugh Posts: 5 Member
    I would look at the overrall trend, not what's on the scale readout that day. Some weeks I lose weight, some weeks I don't, and some weeks I gain a bit, but my overall weight loss trend on my graph is always south, so I don't stress out. I weigh myself once a week.
  • montyeva1114
    That’s good to hear.
  • robbell678
    robbell678 Posts: 140 Member
    Scakes are tricky so don’t focus too much on the reading.
    Body is like a sponge,...form stays pretty much the same but what is absorbed determines its mass.
    An odd analogy but fits i think.
    Keep it up!🎈
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    What did you use to determine this calorie range? Maybe it's a bit too many, but it could also be too few depending on your exercise. Women's bodies are a real pain in the butt and sometimes your weight cN fluctuate up to 5lbs per day. Stay the course for a while and see what happens.
  • I know your eager but honestly calm down. Success or hitting goals is never linear. Sometimes you just need to be head down, do the process and keep showing up. It will go. Now after a few weeks and still nothing ok then retweak if needed.
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    ^ what they said