What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    I've learned to cut myself some slack. This is a big thing for me.

On Monday I had a routine check up for my inflammatory arthritis, which included a chest x-ray to confirm that my lungs aren't being affected by the medications I'm taking. Always been fine before, so thought no more about it.

Yesterday I got a call from the nurse who's involved with my care to state that there are some issues with the results. Firstly, I have two broken ribs. Secondly, there's an area of concern but they think it's just where I wasn't filling my lungs with air properly due to the broken ribs. More x-rays in 4-6 weeks' time to ensure that the opacity has cleared.

I can only assume that the collision I was in caused the broken ribs. A&E did not pick this up, despite doing a chest x-ray at the time. And that explains whys the pain I was in, especially when breathing in, seemed over the top in comparison to the injuries at that site.

I've been so desperate to get back into things, have a new bike (insurance paid out), new helmet, etc, I've been walking miles (15 on Monday, 12 on Tuesday, 8 yesterday) had a physio check me over on Monday (she also gave me clearance to start running, etc again) and now this.

But you know what? I'm just going to go with the flow on this. I'm hopefully going to talk to the physio again today just to check that I can do the things I'd planned to and if my plans have to be changed, so be it.

You are seriously inspiring to have been doing all that with broken ribs as well as so soon after such a nasty incident! you definitely deserve all the slack and I hope your physio doesn't change plans too much, whilst at same time I get that you will NOT wanna make anything worse injury wise.
    Glad to hear you have a new bike etc :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!