Postpartum Weightloss - success story in progress

Replies

• happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    edited September 2019
    Edited to put photo in previous post.
    Going to the Walk to End Alzheimer’s today!
  • Mom4diet
    Mom4diet Posts: 56 Member
    Hi,
    My baby is 11 weeks old.
    I gained around 50 pounds during this pregnancy.
    Went in to give birth at 190, end of June.
    I am really watching what I'm eating and limiting calorie intake, even though I'm EB. My baby is thank G-d still gaining and happy (most of the time!).
    I now weigh 171. I'm trying to get back to 140. I'll be happy if i weigh 150 when baby is 8 months old... that's what I weighed with previous baby.
    I need to try to fit exercise into my schedule... I work part time, and when I'm not working, baby and 2 year old are home with me. I only have a single stroller, which means that when I walk, it's at the speed of a 2 year old... S-l-o-w...

I've been okay with my limited caloric intake so far. What should I be concerned about? I'm asking sincerely.

(With my other babies, I didn't watch my diet so much, but then again, I hadn't gained so much. And I wasn't working. I want to have nice clothes for work and look put-together... without buying too many at this weight.)
  • happysquidmuffin
    Mom4diet wrote: »
    Hi,
    My baby is 11 weeks old.
    I gained around 50 pounds during this pregnancy.
    Went in to give birth at 190, end of June.
    I am really watching what I'm eating and limiting calorie intake, even though I'm EB. My baby is thank G-d still gaining and happy (most of the time!).
    I now weigh 171. I'm trying to get back to 140. I'll be happy if i weigh 150 when baby is 8 months old... that's what I weighed with previous baby.
    I need to try to fit exercise into my schedule... I work part time, and when I'm not working, baby and 2 year old are home with me. I only have a single stroller, which means that when I walk, it's at the speed of a 2 year old... S-l-o-w...

I've been okay with my limited caloric intake so far. What should I be concerned about? I'm asking sincerely.

(With my other babies, I didn't watch my diet so much, but then again, I hadn't gained so much. And I wasn't working. I want to have nice clothes for work and look put-together... without buying too many at this weight.)

It is so hard working with two babies, isn’t it? And add breastfeeding and trying to lose weight on top of that... you’re doing great I’m sure! I am sorry nobody responded to you sooner.

How are things going for you now? For me, I continued to take a multivitamin now and then, and made sure I was still eating enough variety to get good nutrition to keep my milk production going. Unfortunately, when I went back to work fulltime (just over 4 weeks ago) I kept missing pump times almost every day and within 2 weeks my production was shot. About the same time, my wee one decided to stop nursing. Now I’m basically dried up, just pumping once a day or every other day.

Saturday the 26th was 20 weeks postpartum for me. I wanted to nurse for 6 months (made it to 4.5)... oh well 😔 At least I did it for as long as I did!
  • happysquidmuffin
    It’s been a while... but here’s an update!
    I am now down to about 155/156 at 7.5 months postpartum. He’s a happy lil chubber and his big sister’s doing well too. Today I am wearing a black suit jacket which 3 months ago I couldn’t button... today I am wearing it buttoned.
  • Thank you for comtinuing to update! You look amazing 🌹
  • littlelisa509
    littlelisa509 Posts: 1 Member
    So inspirational!
  • Jessicalaing2012
    Jessicalaing2012 Posts: 14 Member
    Following for updates!! You've done amazing! Great job!
  • AlettaJean
    AlettaJean Posts: 23 Member
    You rock!
  • happysquidmuffin
    8 weeks later: 147. I’ve essentially maintained, but I hit a new low of 146.5 briefly, before bouncing back up to 149. It took getting back to stricter logging to start losing again. I guess you have to be relentless in doing what you know works for you, if you want to succeed. Haha by coincidence, I’m wearing the same Raptor shirt today.
    I had to replace all my size 12 pants work, as they are so baggy and make me look dumpy and sloppy now. Thankfully I found 3 nice replacement pairs in 3 different colors. 2 are size 8, and one is a 10. It was the only one left in that brand in that color and it was on clearance, so I was willing to make it work. I know women’s sizes are stupidly random and arbitrary, but it’s nice to be a size 8 again. Stay focused, pals.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    edited July 2020
    You are really inspiring!
  • happysquidmuffin
    145 lb - 60 lb lost today. Look how bumpy my journey was over the last 6 months! Imagine if I had given up in frustration after any of those mini-peaks...
    o8kcx97lyco9.png
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!