Why is so little attention given to maintenance?

Replies

• rlfrausto
    rlfrausto Posts: 23 Member
    Just eat normal and exercise the way you started and lost weight, no biggy!!
  • CrazyMermaid1
    CrazyMermaid1 Posts: 339 Member
    I wish it was as easy for me as it is for you. I have to be very vigilant
  • kcmcbee
    kcmcbee Posts: 177 Member
    Yes it seems Permanent healthy changes are harder than “temporary”, even long term dieting to hit a goal weight. So I’m working on making my changes become more of a lifestyle change in my habits to keep off what I’ve lost. Hope you can too! I understand how hard it is to keep it off. Portions and what I do and don’t eat and keeping track and being honest with myself is the best way for me.
  • pjwrt
    pjwrt Posts: 166 Member
    "Diet." That word should be banned in the Maintenance thread because we no longer "diet." We've graduated from the diet phase into the "eating normally phase."
  • CrazyMermaid1
    CrazyMermaid1 Posts: 339 Member
    Rainbow 198 what books did you read?
  • katsheare
    katsheare Posts: 1,025 Member
    New Year *bump*
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    No way to track it on MFP, but I wonder how many reach their goals, remain around for a few months longer while beginning maintenance, then leave once it's habit? So, there could be a very high maintenance %, but we'll never know on the forum.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    So...@dashagrr (the OP) - Howsit?

You said in your original post back in September that you were looking for ongoing discussions and/or support?

How's Maintenance?