Dislike My Job

I lived for my job, loved my job. But, now going two years, and since June I’ve disliked it. I mean hate.. is a harsh word.
Why am I still there? I don’t want to go back! But, my job is rewarding, but the management is not.

Help....

Replies

• mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member
    Same! I've known that my place of work was bs just a few weeks in and here I am still two years later. They fired and lost a lot of management a few months ago so we almost have entirely new management so that took away part of the problem. I then switched departments to take care of the rest. I'm trying everything in the book to not just up and quit and at this point it's because of having to job hunt and feeling uncertain that things will even be different somewhere else.
  • CorgiWaddles
    CorgiWaddles Posts: 81 Member
    edited September 2019
    What is the problem?

Is the problem in your power to change?

If it is then why not change it?

Make a small change or a big change, that is up to you.

Hopefully there are no ethical problems you’re facing and it’s just crappy people. I’ve had to work with my fair share of crappy people. Best of luck and I wish you all the best!!! I’m sorry you’re having a hard time.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    Life's too short. You should have a job you love.

Good luck with your decision.
  • HighPeak66
    HighPeak66 Posts: 27 Member
    Hmmmmm well I work in a Biscuits factory lol....... the only thing I have trouble with are the free Biscuits haha
  • Ranchin_Around
    Ranchin_Around Posts: 38 Member
    SO, update. I have been MIA for a while. I had to work on personal things. I have a new job! I love it! Life is better!
  • Hanibanani2020
    Hanibanani2020 Posts: 523 Member
    If the environment can’t change then I leave. My mental health is more important than my job, but in saying that I Have a career that is highly employable so there’s job security in that. I know friends who struggle on and on and have really declined in self-worth because they rely on a job that is sucking everything good out of them. I’m so glad you left! Good for you!