What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• Not everyone's cup of tea, but I love liver & onions, I added garlic and some vinegar and it tasted delicious. I'm always worried about not getting my micronutrients so I look for foods that are nutrient dense. I had that with bell peppers and sweet potatoes on the side 🤤🤤🤤
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Not everyone's cup of tea, but I love liver & onions, I added garlic and some vinegar and it tasted delicious. I'm always worried about not getting my micronutrients so I look for foods that are nutrient dense. I had that with bell peppers and sweet potatoes on the side 🤤🤤🤤

My Dad introduced me to liver and onions. I loved it! I don't eat it much these days.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Bob's Red Mill 5 grain cereal with maple syrup and a few walnuts. Lots of beige and a lot of fiber :D:p

I also like it with berries which add some purple to the beige.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    7j2bwpvrn1la.png
    8m5i6jxo8tnl.png
    w7lfjalqgks0.png

Made fathead dough lasagna. Will have my sister make shaved asparagus, beets and orange salad. Am soooo hungry today which is weird for me at this hour ... Big brunch. 😋

• mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,069 Member
    PLAN 'B' TONIGHT: Italian-ish cod stew served over rice. Was supposed to be grilled lemon-pepper cod outside, but an approaching rainshower vetoed that plan. Simple recipe: sauteed veggies to make the base, cod added at end to cook for a few minutes, then serve. Tonight, used a white and brown rice blend, garnish with scallions and basil. Haven't computed the macros yet, but should be pretty moderate. For scale, this is 1.5lbs cod, 28oz diced tomatoes, onion, green peppers, garlic, scallions, celery, white wine and chicken broth, herbs. Low or no sodium everything.

y2za68qaszvh.jpg

iexi7gzru66u.jpg

• weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Yakisoba noodles per request of daughter: Bok choy, carrots, green onions and sausages stir fried with Yakisoba noodles. They LOVE it!
  • ctmoore1982
    ctmoore1982 Posts: 586 Member
    Teriyaki Pork with Jasmine Rice
  • royboy969
    royboy969 Posts: 218 Member
    Cheesy Ranch Chicken and fried riced cauliflower84cd2ju88s44.png

• CharlieAnn31
    CharlieAnn31 Posts: 45 Member
    Salmon with spinach for lunch and a bowl of raisin bran with skim milk for dinner. i'm trying to get my iron up because it is low. For breakfast I went out to eat with friends and had two sunnyside up eggs with rye toast, dry, and I put a little margarine on it.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,589 Member
    Our foodie houseguests have gone so our frenzy of restaurant meals has ended. We had a late lunch at a Vietnamese restaurant before our guests left for the airport and dinner was basic, light, and all veg. Avocado vinaigrette followed by cheat's soupe au pistou (frozen veg, water, chicken stock cubes, a big dollop of pesto in every bowl).
  • kosseychick
    kosseychick Posts: 244 Member
    Ribeye on the barbeque with roasted baby potatoes and carrot with dill. A tossed salad on the side
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    Pizza
  • durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    edited September 2019
    curried spinach cream soup, corn on the cob (Silver Queen), stewed crowder peas, English-style roasted potatoes with fresh rosemary...
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Grilled burgers with Swiss cheese and sliced onions and tomatoes. And oven fries.
  • Longing4Maui
    Longing4Maui Posts: 51 Member
    Zuchini casserole with Italian seasoning tomato paste, lean beef, fat free mozzarella cheese. I call it my ‘fake lasagna’, so yummy and low carb/calorie.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    A crockpot full of chili with a salad
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Saturday I made ragu. Three quarters of the meat was 95% lean ground beef and the other quarter was ground lamb. The tomatoes came from farmers market. I was planning on making the sauce before I went to farmers market and, conveniently, Saturday was the first day that multiple vendors had roma tomatoes! Or perhaps it's just been the first day I've noticed - I'm going to go with the former given how cold of a summer we've had.

u5m8mem5wz4s.jpg

I ate one portion last night and then portioned at and froze the vast majority of it. There's one more unfrozen portion in the fridge. At some point this week I'll also make gnocchi. Possibly today, but we'll see.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Meal prep weekend: Hard boiled eggs, Corn chowder, Quinoa turkey chili, Ground beef with broccoli slaw and rice!