Waist trimming

I am getting married in 10 weeks and I’m looking to get my waist a little trimmer.

Does anyone have any recommendations on exercise/foods

Replies

• katherineleggett
    katherineleggett Posts: 129 Member
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    Do you want to be comfortable, be able to breathe, have that bridal glow in your pictures and enjoy your wedding day or do you want to look pained in all your pictures and not be able to move because you're squished into a sausage casing?

Focus on the day and the person you love, not on how much smaller you can make your waist.

Congratulations. 💟
    Yeah I don’t want to wear anything under my dress, I just want to know what sort of work outs I can do to work on my stomach
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    OP. If any sort of spanx, cincher ect is causing you pain, you’re wearing the wrong size. Trust me, I had to learn the hard way, once I got the right size I was fine. :)
    A lot of people buy them too small.

If anything just put it on for pictures, then when you’re dancing and partying take it off.

I enjoyed the cincher the most oppose to spanx- I think spanx is more for smoothing- the cincher, it curved me my waist looked snatched, and I looked like lost pounds in my stomach. But you must buy the right size.

Well, that’s if you want a quick fix.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    edited September 2019
    I also agree with...you can’t spot reduce via diet, but...

This is personal experience and it does only apply to the waist for me as far as I’m aware...but some old fashioned ‘callisthenics’ can actually have an impact by tightening the muscles along your sides (are they the obliques - not sure).

Waist twists, side bends and arm over head waist stretch/bends from what I remember. I’d start with 30 of each, to each side if you have 10 weeks.

Now I’ve thought about this again, I’m going to start this myself and see what difference I can make!
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    What are your current stats? (Height and weight). Does your dress currently fit?
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    Do you want to be comfortable, be able to breathe, have that bridal glow in your pictures and enjoy your wedding day or do you want to look pained in all your pictures and not be able to move because you're squished into a sausage casing?

Focus on the day and the person you love, not on how much smaller you can make your waist.

Congratulations. 💟
    Yeah I don’t want to wear anything under my dress, I just want to know what sort of work outs I can do to work on my stomach

There aren’t any exercises that will specifically burn stomach fat. You can develop muscles, but the extent to which that will make a difference in 10 weeks depends on a lot of factors, like how much fat is currently over those muscles.

Besides, do you actually want your shape to change significantly between now and your wedding? Wouldn’t it be ideal to make sure your dress fits now, and then maintain so that it will still fit perfectly on your wedding day?
  • katherineleggett
    katherineleggett Posts: 129 Member
    What are your current stats? (Height and weight). Does your dress currently fit?

Currently 5ft and 8.5 stone. My dress fits but I have 3 alteration dates in October/ November

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    edited September 2019
    Considering you are already a good weight, a small deficit (300-500) and some resistance training might help you see some improvement. What kind of equipment do you have access to?

Ideally, I'd start with a program from the below list.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    spanx and or a corset.

it is unlikely you would make a significant actual body difference in 10 weeks.

we had a garden wedding back in july, so fairly casual, and i wore my dress and spankx for the ceremony and first daynce, then went and changed into something much more comfortable and 'me'. and that didnt require spanx. LMAO