FALL WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE 2019 (SEPTEMBER, OCTOBER, NOVEMBER AND DECEMBER) A Continuation

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 12,943 Member

<snip>

Notes: My moving average was trending down all week long until today, Monday 9/16. This is because I had a really calorie heavy day Sunday and was over my maintenance calories both Saturday and Sunday, Sunday due to a social event involving lots of alcohol (a disc golf tournament with free beer samples at every hole). It was a lot of fun, I have mapped out how I could have planned my day better for next time, and I am happy that my moving average is the same as it was last Monday. So, no regrets, only learning experiences! I am pretty close to my goal weight and trying to focus on how to maintain my loss for the long term, so any slip ups will serve as learning experiences for me. :)

Good job for not beating yourself up about the weekend. We're supposed to have fun, and your disc golf tourney sounds like just that. If we don't waiver from our path now and then, it can get even tougher. I really like how you see what happened, said, "OK," then got back on the journey. Those last few pounds are really hard, and it takes dedication and vigilance. I think it also takes letting go sometimes. I kind of just did that, but fortunately not enough to increase my average.

What was your favorite beer? Least favorite? How many rounds was the tourney, and what was your favorite disc?

• YC1995
    YC1995 Posts: 34 Member
    STARTING WEIGHT AND DATE WITH MFP (MY FITNESS PAL): 172
    CHALLENGE STARTING WEIGHT:159.2

Sept.2: 158.8 (suddenly gained 1.5lbs. That time of the month approaches, me thinks)
    Sept. 9: 158.1 (yep - I was right. Period should be done in another day or two - then I should be able to get a true estimate)
    Sept.16: 158.9 (all over the map this week again - averaging 158.1. Lost an inch off my waist and hips though!)
    Sept.23:
    Sept.30:

Sept. Goal: 155 lbs
    Sept. Actual:

Oct. 7:
    Oct. 14:
    Oct. 21:
    Oct. 28:

Oct. Goal:150 lbs
    Oct. Actual:

Nov. 4:
    Nov. 11:
    Nov. 18:
    Nov. 25:

Nov. Goal:145 lbs
    Nov. Actual:

Dec. 2:
    Dec. 9:
    Dec. 16:
    Dec. 23:
    Dec. 30:

Dec. Goal:140 lbs
    Dec. Actual:

Weight lost this week:
    Challenge Weight loss goal: 140 lbs by December 30th, 2019
    Actual Weight loss for the challenge:
  • mtaratoot
    I'm in!!!

STARTING WEIGHT AND DATE WITH MFP (MY FITNESS PAL):195 LBS, January 2019.
    CHALLENGE STARTING WEIGHT: 159 lb

Sept.2: 159 lbs
    Sept. 9: 159.5 lbs
    Sept.16: 158.5 lbs

<snip>

Wow -- nice job so far losing 35 pounds in eight months. I'm guessing this is a consistent loss about a pound a week. You inspire!

• mtaratoot
    YC1995 wrote: »
    STARTING WEIGHT AND DATE WITH MFP (MY FITNESS PAL): 172
    CHALLENGE STARTING WEIGHT:159.2

Sept.2: 158.8 (suddenly gained 1.5lbs. That time of the month approaches, me thinks)
    Sept. 9: 158.1 (yep - I was right. Period should be done in another day or two - then I should be able to get a true estimate)
    Sept.16: 158.9 (all over the map this week again - averaging 158.1. Lost an inch off my waist and hips though!)
    <snip>

I'm not a female, so pardon me for thinking I have a clue. There is a weight trend graphing website that might help with monthly fluctuations. It's a little klunky to use, but you might give it a try especially if you already have data from the past month. It's http://www.weightgrapher.com/ It is set up to work with a Fitbit scale. I don't have one of those, so I have to go to the Fitbit website and measure my weight manually.

Here's what's kind of neat about weightgrapher. It has an option to show your current trend AND what your weight was 28 days ago. Looks like this as it defaults to one month:
    sflw9pztcw37.png

It gets a little crowded as you zoom out to three, six, or 12 months, but it is still worthwhile.
    bo2ce5puixpw.png

Good luck!

• mtaratoot
    Original starting weight (March 2013) - 175.4
    Original MFP starting weight (January 2018) - 168.2
    August 30, 2019 starting weight - 146.0 (ten-day rolling average 146.7)
    Ultimate goal - Maintain around 143 (range between 140 - 150)

I had achieved my goal last Winter and gone into maintenance. I have mostly stayed within my goal range, but have bounced around a bit. Now as the seasons change again, a new maintenance challenge awaits. I'm sticking to it!

September 2: 148.2 (10-day average 146.0)
    September 9: 147.2 (10-day average 145.2)
    September 16: 144.0 (10-day average 144.4)
    September 23:
    September 30:

Weight lost this week: The silly scale says 3.2 pounds in a week. No way! Those silly fluctuations! My ten-day average says just under a pound. I can buy that. I am optimistic that I can get my average weight to my goal weight by the end of this month, and if I get it done before the beginning of fall (Equinox is 00:50 Pacific Daylight Time on 23 September), I can just call this a maintenance challenge. Wish me luck!

September Goal: 143
    September Actual: The scale actually said 143 yesterday! Only the fourth time since May 22. Others were July 19, August 1, August 10, and September 1.
    Challenge Weight loss goal: Range between 142-148
    Actual Weight loss for the challenge: I'm there!

August wasn't a great month for me. September is my catch up. I didn't like the scale going up a whole pound today, but in all honesty I was probably dehydrated yesteray morning, I ate salty food last night (peanuts and pickles), and it's really just a fluctuation. My plan is still to get my ten-day average down to my goal weight and keep it there!
  • peachvine29
    peachvine29 Posts: 400 Member
    mtaratoot wrote: »

<snip>

Notes: My moving average was trending down all week long until today, Monday 9/16. This is because I had a really calorie heavy day Sunday and was over my maintenance calories both Saturday and Sunday, Sunday due to a social event involving lots of alcohol (a disc golf tournament with free beer samples at every hole). It was a lot of fun, I have mapped out how I could have planned my day better for next time, and I am happy that my moving average is the same as it was last Monday. So, no regrets, only learning experiences! I am pretty close to my goal weight and trying to focus on how to maintain my loss for the long term, so any slip ups will serve as learning experiences for me. :)

Good job for not beating yourself up about the weekend. We're supposed to have fun, and your disc golf tourney sounds like just that. If we don't waiver from our path now and then, it can get even tougher. I really like how you see what happened, said, "OK," then got back on the journey. Those last few pounds are really hard, and it takes dedication and vigilance. I think it also takes letting go sometimes. I kind of just did that, but fortunately not enough to increase my average.

What was your favorite beer? Least favorite? How many rounds was the tourney, and what was your favorite disc?

Thank you! I have been unintentionally maintaining around 135 lbs. since April, that seems to be my settling weight right now, and I am finally learning to be okay losing at a slow rate. Maybe 5-10 more pounds would do it, which I want to lose by next summer, but I am okay now. I am incorporating a slow rate of loss, diet breaks (just came off of one), and maintenance days, and plenty of fun movement. A key contributor to my success of losing 65 lbs. has been jumping back on the horse after every "failure". I never quit!

But my favorite beer to try would probably be the 4 Hands chocolate peanut butter stout, it was strong but the most memorable flavor. I didn't like the sours I tried. They also made fresh jack in the box tacos, made by their inventor apparently, which were actually really good (but greasy) haha.

I was actually just a spectator with my group, there were 18 holes (18 5oz beer samples...!). I enjoyed watching everyone play, was mainly the bag and beer holder for my boyfriend and his friend. I want to join in and play next time!