Augtober??

cbstewart88
cbstewart88 Posts: 453 Member
edited September 2019 in Chit-Chat
Not a fitness comment here. But I always feel a bit like I'm in limbo in September. Not really summer, not yet fall. At least where I live...

There's football on TV. I feel obligated to make chili. But I really just want an umbrella drink out on the deck.

I can still run around in flip-flops. But now sometimes I have to wear a sweatshirt too.

My garden looks the best it's looked all summer. Colorful. Healthy. I think the cooler nights help. But the garden stores are all pushing pumpkins right now.

Sometimes in the mornings I want to turn on the heat. But by noon it's hot enough for the air conditioning.

I went shopping for a bathing suit the other day. HAHAHA. Good luck schlepping through the Christmas sweaters and snuggy boots for that!!

Somehow the flamingo sheets on my bed look a little sad against the changing leaves outside my bedroom window.

The rain now feels damp. Not refreshing. Not a relief. Just damp...

I'm tired of the light floral fragrances I wear in July. But not yet ready for the spicy vanilla-y ones I like in the winter....

There. Got that off my chest. :neutral:

Replies

• isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    I'm in the same boat. I hate this in between season... I need the cooler weather please.
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    It’s so cold where I am and all the trees are changing. I love it! But this was the shortest summer we’ve had in a long while.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    It's an extra month to celebrate Halloween!
  • DarkTwain
    DarkTwain Posts: 130 Member
    As a New Englander, I feel the pain. It's cold in the morning but hot by time I get out of work. Sometimes the reverse is true. I have lost 60 lbs since April so some of my clothes don't fit the same. I want to light the grill this weekend while I'm looking at flights for Thanksgiving. Oh and then daylight saving time. Boo, hiss.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    It’s still 1000 degrees here.

998 degrees with the windchill factor.

I’m scouting out real estate with frozen tundra.....
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    I love summer and I fully resist it's leaving. I'm the jerk yelling at people to take off their sweaters and let go of their pumpkin spice treats. IT'S STILL SUMMMMMMMMER UNTIL THE 23RD!!!!!!!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen wrote: »

I just bought Greenland.

Low Bid ???
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    mmultanen wrote: »
    I love summer and I fully resist it's leaving. I'm the jerk yelling at people to take off their sweaters and let go of their pumpkin spice treats. IT'S STILL SUMMMMMMMMER UNTIL THE 23RD!!!!!!!

5itt2cfcqd2b.gif
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member

Funny how that works. Here (in South Africa) Spring day is 1st September. August is gusty and then September comes and bam! Winter is over. Summer is here. My kids are already swimming
  • Motorsheen

I just bought Greenland.

Low Bid ???

I just bought Greenland.

Low Bid ???

No but i threw in a free bonsai tree.

bonsai trees are always a "can't miss".
  • cbstewart88
    cbstewart88 Posts: 453 Member

Yes!! ^^^^