What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Another 7K rowing the double, this time doing a bunch of our longer leg of the normal route alternating 10 strokes for power, 10 strokes steady state. We interrupted this a couple of times (stayed at SS) to safely pass someone or avoid hitting a *&%^* log that was floating in the middle of the river. Started feeling pretty good in the later pieces, but there's still quite a bit of work to do for speed improvement.

Lots are always in the wrong place ;)
  • aokoye
    60 min on TrainerRoad - this time with the new laptop. Week 3 (of 6): day 1 - complete. Four 8 minute sweet spot intervals with 4 min of rest in between. They have a good blog post about sweet spot training here.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited September 2019
    aokoye wrote: »
    60 min on TrainerRoad - this time with the new laptop. Week 3 (of 6): day 1 - complete. Four 8 minute sweet spot intervals with 4 min of rest in between. They have a good blog post about sweet spot training here.

I just got a new laptop too! I'm excited to shelf my five year old Chromebook with missing keys. I bought it mainly to do some work while my wife watches her guilty pleasure TV on weeknights, but one huge benefit is I can now get RowPro too. RowPro is the closest thing that Indoor Rowing has to Zwift. Not nearly as advanced but it's something.

@ Ann - hope your power comes back faster than mine!

Today's workout. Wanted to do intervals but not kill myself, so I did an 8 X 500m/2' rest @ 20 SPM (strokes per minute). Finished with just 8 or so minutes strapless then a slow rate C/D. Intervals were roughly 2:00 to 2:03 or so pace.

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    aokoye wrote: »

I just got a new laptop too! I'm excited to shelf my five year old Chromebook with missing keys. I bought it mainly to do some work while my wife watches her guilty pleasure TV on weeknights, but one huge benefit is I can now get RowPro too. RowPro is the closest thing that Indoor Rowing has to Zwift. Not nearly as advanced but it's something.

@ Ann - hope your power comes back faster than mine!

Today's workout. Wanted to do intervals but not kill myself, so I did an 8 X 500m/2' rest @ 20 SPM (strokes per minute). Finished with just 8 or so minutes strapless then a slow rate C/D. Intervals were roughly 2:00 to 2:03 or so pace.

Thanks, but . . . it won't. ;)

You train. I play. Different objectives, different strategies, different outcomes. ;)

And that's fine: I had fun, so I met my objective. :)

Nice pace on your pieces, as usual!
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Get moving Monday.

30min session with PT, ab work in general but particularly mu obliques.

20minute recovery run

Quick play on cardio equipment. 10k recumbent bike, 2.5k elliptical plus 10 floors on stair master (first time on it)

45 minute circuits class
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    I went bouldering for 2 hours. It was a very good session; I got my first v4. I was expecting to be terrible, due to hiking so much recently. Instead, I wasn't bad at all.
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    60 minute Krav Maga class. Belt test is next week so there’s a lot to do to prepare.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    9/16/2019 - realized I was tired so kicked planned workout down the road to tomorrow and called it a rest day. Ate dinner out, a full rack of babyback BBQ ribs and baked potato to fuel big for tomorrow - about 1,000 calories over maintenance. Will go to bed early tonight.
  • surfbug808
    surfbug808 Posts: 251 Member
    I put Zhumba because it was in the data base and the calorie loss is the same, but really it was body strength training for 60 minutes and a workout of 600+ calories. Still learning how to use MFP properly!
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,253 Member
    edited September 2019
    drmwc wrote: »
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    Saturday and Sunday: 40 miles of hiking with a lot of really slow people, many of whom clearly hadn’t taken their training seriously. It took 24 hours due purely to the pace.

Today: Official Rest Day. Will probably take a couple of short strolls to loosen up my calves.

Where were you? I was in Brecon Beacons - there did seem to be a charity hike over some of our hills on the Saturday. We did less distance than you - Friday and Saturday were our main days, and we did (I think) around 30 miles, with around 17 peaks.

I was up in Scotland, specifically Pitlochry (and Killiecrankie, and Strathtay). Though I did a lot of my training in the Beacons, with the Bristol Ramblers.

I was pretty confident in my fitness, but expected to find the staying-awake-for-24-hours aspect tough; I like my sleep! It turned out to be surprisingly comfortable, though. I guess that having people to talk to and something to do keeps me 'up'.

(Also, changing my boots halfway through was a plan of sheer genius)

Today's workout will hopefully be my usual Barre Fit class ;)
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    edited September 2019
    9/17
    am
    Yoga
    5 Tibetan Rites (13 rounds each rite working towards 21)
    Conditioning
    Jump Rope - 45s on 15s off x 15
    Meditate

Not sure what I am doing tonight...
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    Just another spin day, mostly (53% ;) ) Z3.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    27 minutes X 2 on the rower today. Ho hum! 2:28 and 2:27 paces roughly @ 16 and 17 SPM. HR decent. Only once or twice did it spike to 78% of Max HR. Really stayed low for the first set (around low 130s) so that was pleasing.
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    Wasn’t feeling it today. Just did a walk and a long stretch session instead of the planned lifting. Hopefully an active rest day will make me feel less sluggish tomorrow.
  • sarko15
    sarko15 Posts: 330 Member
    My bum is s o r e from my squats yesterday but I'm starting a trial at a new gym (since I just moved to a new city, I'm taking advantage of trying out new gyms with those 7 days free passes as long as I can manage :D ) so I want to get as many days in while I have the trial as possible. I'll probably just going to do a half hour of cardio to keep up my streak and call it good.
  • aokoye
    I realized that I need to enable the snooze function on my alarm...
    No rowing today (sadly) and I'm moving today's TrainerRoad workout to tomorrow.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    9/17/2019 - late afternoon.

#1 - Bar dips single set maximum reps test - completed 20 reps - known lifetime best, I believe, is 24 or 26 reps, too lazy to look it up.

#2 - Pull-up hang hold maximum hold time test - 1:33 - known lifetime best is 2:08 from more than a dozen years ago.

#3 - Running workout:

(a) run 2.0 miles easy warm-up in 21:51.

(b) run 2:00 fast at target 8:15 mph pace slow run recovery for 1:00 completed 4 rounds of 1.28 miles in 12:01 - fast run mph equivalents were 8:17, 8:35, 8:48 and 8:35 so slower than target.

(c) run 0:30 fast at target 7:15 mph pace slow run recovery for 1:00 completed 4 rounds of 0.60 miles in 6:01 - fast run mph equivalents were 7:04, 7:29, 7:26 and 7:38 so slower than target except first one.

Plan on doing a one-mile timed trial on Sunday to see if I can run it in 7:30 or less. Made a video of the bar dip effort and pull-up hang hold time test for my future elderly man training archives. Will be fun sitting in a rocking chair viewing the good olden days.
  • surfbug808
    surfbug808 Posts: 251 Member
    Rehabing an injury and my physiotherapist gave me some exercises for that. I did extra strength training at home with weights today for another 30 minutes.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Just another manic Tuesday.

40min easy run - needed to sort my head out so just went for a run before PT
    30min Stair workout with PT, wearing her weighted vest, not high Calorie, but high leg burn

45min Zumba class

45min Insanity class
    45min Boxercise
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    edited September 2019
    9/17
    pm
    Strength
    Pre-Exhaust Rear Laterals and Side Laterals - 15lbs x 8 x 3
    Hip Huggers - 30lbs x 8 x 3
    DB Overhead Press - 40lbs x 8 x 3
    Dead Hangs and Handstand Wall Holds

9/18
    am
    Yoga
    5 Tibetan Rites (13 rounds each rite working towards 21)
    Hatha Sun Salutation - 2 Rounds
    Ashtanga Sun Salutation A - 3 Rounds
    Conditioning
    Jump Rope - 45s on 15s off x 15
    Meditate