What is your "Petty" Reason to Lose Weight?

Replies

• suzesvelte
    suzesvelte Posts: 134 Member
    poisonesse wrote: »
    Petty reason... because I want to be thinner than the other gals in my graduating class of '69. >:)

Ha, very similar to me!
    Looking at your profile I can see that you have done really well - inspiring too. Keep on keeping on, eh!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    suzesvelte wrote: »
    I really want to not be the fattest one in school reunion photos!

It's nearly 50 years since we all started High School so there have been a lot of changes. As the original fatty of the class - I am now slimmer and fitter than some of my classmates. I think the habit of having to take care has been with me for years, whereas some of them really did not had to struggle in the past, so the menopause / aging thing is hitting them harder. It's not impossible to be / stay slim as you age - but it does require more attention.

We had our 35 year reunion last year and I was thinner than half the people there. It's a good feeling. I hope you get there!
  • smantha32
    bump
  • smantha32
    RoisinO wrote: »
    I go for dinner and drinks a few times a year with my sister and some female cousins. My sister has always been the thin one out of the two of us (I was the “academic” one) and my cousins are like freaking models, all legs and lips and cheekbones. Just once I want to go out with them and not feel like the fat one, the one who had a panic trying to find something to wear instead of merrily going shopping for something cute or cool. I don’t want to be thinner than them but dammit I just want to blend! :)

I don't think that's petty. <3
  • Venus_88
    Venus_88 Posts: 112 Member
    bump
  • tdinuk
    tdinuk Posts: 4 Member
    So I can look like I did when I was in my early 20's and get smaller than my sarcie sister
  • tdinuk
    tdinuk Posts: 4 Member
    So I can look like I did when I was in my early 20's and get smaller than my sarcie sister