FALL WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE 2019 (SEPTEMBER, OCTOBER, NOVEMBER AND DECEMBER) A Continuation

Replies

• STARTING WEIGHT AND DATE WITH MFP (MY FITNESS PAL):
    CHALLENGE STARTING WEIGHT: 153 as of 9/16

Sept.16:
    Sept.23:
    Sept.30:

Sept. Goal: 151
    Sept. Actual:

Oct. 7:
    Oct. 14:
    Oct. 21:
    Oct. 28:

Oct. Goal: 148
    Oct. Actual:

Nov. 4:
    Nov. 11:
    Nov. 18:
    Nov. 25:

Nov. Goal: 145
    Nov. Actual:

Dec. 2:
    Dec. 9:
    Dec. 16:
    (my 54th b’day) Dec 18:

Dec. Goal: 144
    Dec. Actual:

Challenge Weight loss goal: 140 lbs (1 lb per week)
    Actual Weight loss for the challenge:
  • jenn990205
    jenn990205 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Hoping to reach my final goal weight by the end of this year and start to figure out maintenance. I lost just over 6 pounds in the summer challenge so the weight is coming off super slow these days, but I am ok with that. My weigh-in days are on Tuesdays. Good luck everyone!

STARTING WEIGHT AND DATE WITH MFP (MY FITNESS PAL): 178 in July of 2018
    CHALLENGE STARTING WEIGHT: 142.1

Sept.3: 148.7 just got back from a 4 day trip to Texas for FIL funreal. Lots of alcohol, stress, and food out.
    Sept.10: 146.5 still trying to get back down to pre-Texas weight. Haven't really been trying though.
    Sept.17: 146.3 Was much lower all week, but TOM showed up yesterday. Water retention!
    Sept.24:

Sept. Goal: 140
    Sept. Actual:

Weight lost this week: +4.2 pounds
    Challenge Weight loss goal: 135-137 where ever I can get and settle comfortably (this is my final goal weight)
    Actual Weight loss for the challenge: 0
  • DbaxFan
    DbaxFan Posts: 25 Member
    STARTING WEIGHT AND DATE WITH MFP (MY FITNESS PAL): 208.0 (Feb 2017)
    CHALLENGE STARTING WEIGHT: 176.6 (Fall Challenge) Sept 16, 2019

Sept. 16: 176.6
    Sept. 23:
    Sept. 30:

Sept. Goal: 172.6 (4.0)
    Sept. Actual:

Oct. 7:
    Oct. 14:
    Oct. 21:
    Oct. 28:

Oct. Goal: 168.6 (4.0)
    Oct. Actual:

Nov. 4:
    Nov. 11:
    Nov. 18:
    Nov. 25:

Nov. Goal: 162.6 (4.0)
    Nov. Actual:

Dec. 2:
    Dec. 9:
    Dec. 16:
    Dec. 23:
    Dec. 30:

Dec. Goal: 162.6 (4.0) Stay steady through the holidays)
    Dec. Actual:

Weight lost this week: 0.0
    Challenge Weight loss goal: 12.0
    Actual Weight loss for the challenge: 1.6
  • kmparker218
    kmparker218 Posts: 21 Member
    Can I still join this challenge?
  • SFJULES66
    SFJULES66 Posts: 168 Member
    Can I still join this challenge?

Absolutely!!!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,953 Member
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    YC1995 wrote: »
    STARTING WEIGHT AND DATE WITH MFP (MY FITNESS PAL): 172
    CHALLENGE STARTING WEIGHT:159.2

Sept.2: 158.8 (suddenly gained 1.5lbs. That time of the month approaches, me thinks)
    Sept. 9: 158.1 (yep - I was right. Period should be done in another day or two - then I should be able to get a true estimate)
    Sept.16: 158.9 (all over the map this week again - averaging 158.1. Lost an inch off my waist and hips though!)
    <snip>

I'm not a female, so pardon me for thinking I have a clue. There is a weight trend graphing website that might help with monthly fluctuations. It's a little klunky to use, but you might give it a try especially if you already have data from the past month. It's http://www.weightgrapher.com/ It is set up to work with a Fitbit scale. I don't have one of those, so I have to go to the Fitbit website and measure my weight manually.

Here's what's kind of neat about weightgrapher. It has an option to show your current trend AND what your weight was 28 days ago. Looks like this as it defaults to one month:
    sflw9pztcw37.png

It gets a little crowded as you zoom out to three, six, or 12 months, but it is still worthwhile.
    bo2ce5puixpw.png

Good luck!

@mtaratoot
    Ok, that second graph is fascinating! I’ve wondered what my monthly & yearly patterns are (and will be.)

Thanks! And congratulations on your maintenance- You’ve been a real inspiration to me (and I’m sure..,many others!)
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,114 Member
    Thank you for the very kind words @MadisonMolly2017.

And I should also correct something I wrote in that post. You don't have to manually enter data on the Fitbit app for the WeightGrapher app. I was thinking of the other one I use -- Trendweight. I like the graphics on the Trendweight app, but I also like the 28-day look back feature of WeightGrapher. You enter your weight directly into WeightGrapher. If you make a mistake, you can go back and fix it, and if you want to add older data, it's really easy. If you need to fix an error for Trendweight, you have to go to the Fitbit site and do it there. It's not that hard. Sorry for the confusion, and best hopes for a successful journey for everyone!