What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Meal prep weekend: Hard boiled eggs, Corn chowder, Quinoa turkey chili, Ground beef with broccoli slaw and rice!

I think corn chowder is in the plans for next week. I have a bunch of corn kernels (and the cobs they came from) in the freezer waiting.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Grilled ribeye, red peppers, and pineapple along with oven-roasted broccoli for my dad's birthday dinner yesterday. For dessert we made brownie sundaes yum!!
  • NoHookUpZone
    NoHookUpZone Posts: 1,531 Member
    edited September 2019
    Jimmy Dean delight sausage/egg biscuit + bacon. I put it in the microwave, that counts.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    Sweet and sour chicken and charred leeks with rice.
    h64m4hw3pttv.jpg
  • hmhill17
    hmhill17 Posts: 283 Member
    Pork loin with apples and cranberries in the slow cooker. Serving with green beans and a roasted root vegetable mash.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Durban chicken curry with lots of mixed vegetables. Needed some yoghurt to cool down...
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    Swordfish with rice pilaf and sugar snap peas.
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    edited September 2019
    7bd4tyf1tulg.jpg
    BBQ Sauerkraut Casserole

Ingredients:
    (Please note, I pared these amounts down to make fewer servings as I am cooking for one. My other changes are [bracketed].)

1 1/2 lbs ground beef
    [93% Lean]
    1 27 oz can sauerkraut drained
    1 small onion chopped
    2 cups tomato juice
    [V8 Low Sodium Vegetable Juice]
    1 cup brown sugar
    [Sukrin Gold, a substitute I found on Amazon]
    [Fordhook Lima Beans, I wanted another vegetable]
    Salt, pepper to taste
    [Other seasonings could work but I didn't try any]

In large skillet in oil of your choice, brown beef and onion. My beans were frozen so I put them in also. Drain, if needed.
    Spread that mixture on bottom of large baking dish. Lay the sauerkraut over the beef, enough to cover then pour juice over that. Finish by sprinkling sugar substitute over juice and sauerkraut. Bake in 350° oven for 60 minutes
  • acpgee
    Vietnamese lamb chops on rice vermicelli with asian cucumber and tomato salad. Some dipping sauces and pickles on the side.
    ndm9mz514f12.jpg
  • memurph88
    memurph88 Posts: 102 Member
    Last nights dinner:
    Baked pork tenderloin, boiled beets, sauteed lemon brussels sprouts w/ homemade sugar free apple sauce.
  • Pannduh
    Pannduh Posts: 89 Member
    Instant pot chili

ubzhbaa3o61n.jpeg
  • lyttlefish
    lyttlefish Posts: 557 Member
    Great Blackbean burger purchased at Costco..amazing. 22 carbs but 10 fiber..then a mixed green salad with feta and blueberries..amazing beautiful meal
  • acpgee
    Chinese. Rice, chicken and snow pea stir fry with soy and oyster sauce and a side of sweet and sour potato, carrot and celery stir fry.
    4vp06a5v2ohm.jpeg
  • acpgee
    I cooked at a girlfriend's who has a new baby. My easy three course Italian inspired dinner is about 35 minutes cooking time in total.

Starter of cheat's soupe au pistou. A bag of frozen veg, a few chopped fresh tomatoes, water, a couple of stock cubes. Stir in a big dollop of commercial pesto into each bowl of soup to flavour the broth. About 10 minutes work.

Main of spaghetti carbonara where the sauce is made in the 10 minutes it takes to boil the pasta.
    https://www.theguardian.com/food/2019/jun/12/perfect-soupe-au-pistou-pesto-recipe-felicity-cloake

Carbonara generates leftover egg whites so I make dutch bitterkoekjes (=almond macaroons) to dip into amaretto for dessert. In the food processor blitz 2 egg whites with 150 g of almonds, and 150 g of sugar and 2 teaspoons of bitter almond exract in the food processor. Spoon onto silicon paper lined baking sheets and bake 10 minutes at 190C.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Not a meal, but I made pita using the recipe from Peter Reinhart's book Crust and Crumb. They turned out really well, 7 out of 8 poofedand they taste good.
    5i22b4b69pmj.jpg

• widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 193 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Vegan beef less beef tripe soup.

@just_Tomek How did you make this? I would think tripes texture and flavor would be hard to replicate