Just starting out

Hi All
Just starting out on my healthier life style.
Can anyone help with little snacks I could possibly munch on in the evening, I use to have a cup of tea with a chocolate bar, it's hard breaking the habit.
Thanks in advance

Replies

• PurpleSims
    PurpleSims Posts: 2 Member
    have a piece of fruit instead of the chocolate bar
  • Rave1968
    Rave1968 Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks will try some fruit
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    I keep a small bag of Hershey dark chocolate kisses in the fridge. When I crave chocolate, I have one and that completely satisfies me.
  • ro175
    ro175 Posts: 37 Member
    I have a square or two of low sugar, dark chocolate, every night and also a sorbet. Both clock in at 80 call each, I look forward to it every day, my reward. And yep I'm losing, about 0.2 to 0.5 kilo per week, by staying within the MFP recommended calorie limit ofc. Good luck to you :smile:
  • Ironwoman1111
    Ironwoman1111 Posts: 3,913 Member
    Popcorn! 2 cups of air popped popcorn is only 31 calories. You could add a little bit of seasoning, make your own seasonings or spray butter flavoring on top. A little salt is good too. 🍿
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Can you be satisfied with a square or two of chocolate? There is no point in eliminating what you can moderate.
  • Marvelous47
    Marvelous47 Posts: 12 Member
    I know this sounds weird, but my trainer recommended a tablespoon of Trader Joes Almond Butter when I plop down and crave a sweet. It's amazing,,,,but...only one SPOON FULL...I've also just ordered my first Nutrisystem meals package with lots of sweets so I"m hoping that will help.
  • traxless2009
    traxless2009 Posts: 13 Member
    I find 1/2 of a Honey Crisp apple is just terrific and filling too. We always have several bags of fresh veggies and I will grab a hand full of something when we're out of apples. I particularly like raw carrots, raw broccoli, and raw cauliflower. We have some homemade low sodium salad dressing that I might use with the veggies. Hope this helps.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Nothing wrong with some chocolate at night as long as you work it into your calorie target.

I have a sweet tooth and have chocolate every single night after dinner. I just make sure I have enough calories left over to fit it in.

I've never understood the 'have a piece of fruit instead' thing either. I'm not sure in what world an apple or an orange satisfies a chocolate craving but it's certainly not a world I live in =).

All this to say, I think it's a much better strategy to make your diet suit your tastes, tendencies and likes rather than trying to change your tastes, tendencies and likes to suite a diet.